ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday, I am not going

Until there is a change at QB, my seats will be empty. I hope thousands of others join me. Make it so obvious that even Barta notices.

If Petras were a sophomore, then I could see why Kirk is playing him. Maybe... Assuming he truly is head and shoulders above the others "in practice". But Spencer is a 5th year senior?!
Crap. Kirk is going to give him a Covid year!?!

Play for the damn future.! Petras has lost all confidence. He looks like Vandenberg during his senior year. Begging Kirk to bench him with his body language.

Gary Barta needs to have a meeting with KF. Ask him one question; Kirk, if you were to pick the next coach at Iowa for the near future, who would your top 5 picks be? Non-current staff only.
Gary, I have not given it much thought.
That's OK Kirk, have me a list by next week.

...Dreaming of a Barta with balls...
Vandenberg was never as bad as Petras I don't believe.

Last edited:
This is "the argument" I always find amusing. "Set us back" a decade you say? So in his time as HC and coach Fry's before him Iowa has fairly consistently been a top 20-25 team. Two or three times a decade a top ten team. In the last decade Iowa has won more games then all but EIGHT other teams in college football. Of course you've analized the schedules of all other D1 teams to bolster your statement that" We have beaten no one". You do realize the irony when saying we'll be "set back a decade" , when its the success of the man your bitching about that we'd be falling back FROM, correct, or are you to blind to see it? You do realize that its the success of coaches fry and KF that we now judge as what is Iowa's place in college football? Other then a few years under Evy, and back in the 20's when there were few true power teams in college football, playing an entirely different game, Iowa has been a wasteland on the gridiron. The last 4 plus decades have for the most part been the golden age of Iowa football consistently. Its that current place which has been set by these two men.

As I have continued to point out to no avail the "lining KF's pockets" is a stupid argument which is moot. He is not paid disproportionately with the job he's done. Don't believe it then compare his pay to those teams with more or less wins the last decade, and his tenure which is relevant. You can't expect teams that change coaches every three years to pay as much as guys who have had success for many years. And he's not paid based on whats going on the last several weeks. It doesn't work like that for him or anyone else in his profession...
This is true. However, the HC position seems to have a shelf life. While I am grateful for what KF has done for Iowa, there comes a time when it's just time to hang it up. Its a young mans game and Father time is undefeated, even for head coaches. 23 years is a long time to be in one spot. Maybe a little burnout setting in? The landscape of the game has changed and KF just hasn't or is not interested in adapting to the changes. Not to mention he is loyal to a fault with BF, who apparently is in over his head at OC. I'm not asking for perfection from the offense, but when you keep banging your head against the wall because you're too damn stubborn to try something else, then that is a d!ck move. If he truly cares about Iowa he will do what's best for the TEAM, and put them first , even at the expense of replacing his kid with someone who can fix this clown show of an offense. Refusing to do that is a big F You to the fans in my opinion.

It would be interesting to go back the last 12 years or so and see how often this same theme has been posted. I am in no way trying to be disrespectful of your thoughts, but, why do you think this year would be any different than every other year a thread like this has been posted
Because we have reached a whole new level of awful from those other times & way more people (me included) have reached the tipping point of the time/money no longer being worth it. We've been maybe bottom 1/3 on Offense, but never complete bottom-of-the-barrel. Having a QB playing this poorly & not even trying anyone else yet makes zero sense.

If 25,000 people didnt show up it would be obvious on TV, there would be a lot of lost revenue on hot dogs, expensive soft drinks, alcohol, etc.

Not to mention all the hotels that would be shuttered by the end of the season since their existence revolves around 7 sold-out home games every year.

Not to mention all the hotels that would be shuttered by the end of the season since their existence revolves around 7 sold-out home games every year.
not only that but the hotels make you book two nights on game day weekends

You’re going to miss all the fun. $15 parking, $10 beers, stale popcorn, seating made for somebody with half an ass, pop spilled on your back, farts from every direction and an offense that can’t find its ass with both hands. You might want to think twice.
Parking cost $2000. But whatever, it's only money...
I just want a fun product to watch on the field. Even Just average would be fine with me... Or maybe I should just get back to a few years ago, and make a better tailgate experience...?

The OP can do whatever he wants to do.

If it was me and seeing that I'm already out the $$$...I'd still go and "boo the hell" out of the Iowa offense.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Because we have reached a whole new level of awful from those other times & way more people (me included) have reached the tipping point of the time/money no longer being worth it. We've been maybe bottom 1/3 on Offense, but never complete bottom-of-the-barrel. Having a QB playing this poorly & not even trying anyone else yet makes zero sense.
I have had season tickets since ‘03 and this is the first year I have felt like this. At this point renewing next year is looking less and less likely. Last week was not entertaining or fun aside from tailgating and the first few minutes of the game….then reality set in that no matter how amazing our defense and the punter played….the offense and Petras would not be able to do anything at all.

I have had season tickets since ‘03 and this is the first year I have felt like this. At this point renewing next year is looking less and less likely. Last week was not entertaining or fun aside from tailgating and the first few minutes of the game….then reality set in that no matter how amazing our defense and the punter played….the offense and Petras would not be able to do anything at all.
Next year you know Spencer won't be starting for sure. OL will be much more experienced and Proctor coming who should start immediately. Will have much more experience at RB.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Next year you know Spencer won't be starting for sure. OL will be much more experienced and Proctor coming who should start immediately. Will have much more experience at RB.
But will that matter if Clueless Brian is still running the show?

This is true. However, the HC position seems to have a shelf life. While I am grateful for what KF has done for Iowa, there comes a time when it's just time to hang it up. Its a young mans game and Father time is undefeated, even for head coaches. 23 years is a long time to be in one spot. Maybe a little burnout setting in? The landscape of the game has changed and KF just hasn't or is not interested in adapting to the changes. Not to mention he is loyal to a fault with BF, who apparently is in over his head at OC. I'm not asking for perfection from the offense, but when you keep banging your head against the wall because you're too damn stubborn to try something else, then that is a d!ck move. If he truly cares about Iowa he will do what's best for the TEAM, and put them first , even at the expense of replacing his kid with someone who can fix this clown show of an offense. Refusing to do that is a big F You to the fans in my opinion.
I'm not arguing at all that we may very well be in for a change if he doesn't somehow turn this around. That wasn't my comment. Its just ignorant to post that he'll "set us back" when he's the guy who established what the standard is! Hell we could have been Indiana or Illinois the last 20 some years and win about 5 games a year, then we wouldn't have to be worrying about being set back a decade.

All the BIG coaches make a ton of money, and that sure as hell isn't going to change now. Do we think we're going to pay a new coach peanuts and stay competitive?

But will that matter if Clueless Brian is still running the show?
Maybe, maybe not. Just saying what would change. The foundation is for sure stronger, so it would be up to Padilla or Labas.

Look if Spencer could at least hit the open throws he does get, that would make things flow better. And I don't get why not take a deep shot now and then even if % is low. The stupid 2nd and 1 reverse play would have been better off a deep ball to Bruce or Wick.

Reactions: shudaddy
Lol you people are so fugging dramatic. It’s college football played by college kids. Get a grip or go be a nebby fan.
you’re right, college football that is played by college kids making five to six figures coached by coaches that make millions…

I get your sentiment, but let’s not pretend this is Jr High football…

Reactions: shudaddy
you’re right, college football that is played by college kids making five to six figures coached by coaches that make millions…

I get your sentiment, but let’s not pretend this is Jr High football…
I get that but come on, people act like their lives are ruined when a team of people half their age or more lose on a weekend.

Reactions: Section25
I'm not arguing at all that we may very well be in for a change if he doesn't somehow turn this around. That wasn't my comment. Its just ignorant to post that he'll "set us back" when he's the guy who established what the standard is! Hell we could have been Indiana or Illinois the last 20 some years and win about 5 games a year, then we wouldn't have to be worrying about being set back a decade.

All the BIG coaches make a ton of money, and that sure as hell isn't going to change now. Do we think we're going to pay a new coach peanuts and stay competitive?
agreed. Its not so much setting us back as it is planning for the future. He doesn't seem interested in doing what's necessary to bring this offense out of the dark ages. He is gonna have to make a tough choice. The Team or his kid IMO.

Best decision I made was not renewing my season tickets! I’ve stated numerous times that Gary Barta is the problem. You don’t keep extending a coach’s contract when you’re not getting the results on the field!
I bet a lot of you are now finally waking up! If you want change stop buying tickets! That’s the only way Barta will ever pay attention!
Only 8 teams in the country have won more games than Iowa in the past 7 years. Stop being a dumbass.

Reactions: Section25
Only 8 teams in the country have won more games than Iowa in the past 7 years. Stop being a dumbass.
Just because you disagree does not give you the right to be disrespectful and call him names. Surely, you can be civil in the future.

Nah. I missed one of my kids' activities for the $hitshow that was SDSU. Never again, plus the home schedule next year is hot garbage anyway.
Mich State. Purdue. Minnesota. Could be worse. Sucks Rutgers is in there. They will have to redo 2024 schedule with the 2 new teams in then.

ADVERTISEMENT