ADVERTISEMENT

Saudi blood money golf field announced

Rumor is they threw a lot of money at DJ

More will go when they see how much money is available in a 48 player field

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
Rumor is they threw a lot of money at DJ

More will go when they see how much money is available in a 48 player field

Curious to see if DJ’s sponsors drop him like UPS did to Westwood. I hope he blows out both his knees, what a selfish prick. The big thing will be if any TV will pick these up at any point. I don’t see it, so that will be a hinderance.

No worse than what the WWE does. And they're still on TV. And strong with Make A Wish Foundation.

They do events in Saudi Arabia, but I believe they limit the broadcast or don’t show it at all.
It's not limited. Just try to show the good side of exposing a new market to Western Entertainment. Part of the Crown Prince's propaganda push.

I love golf but can't see myself watching this.
Same here, but not a chance in hell I'll watch any of it. It will be interesting how the Golf Channel covers it, if they'll do some highlights, etc. Don't know about PGA TV rights and things of that nature, but I would assume they'll definitely talk about it, but maybe not give them too much coverage, etc.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
Usually it's a lot of the older guys past their prime. Goldberg, UnderTaker, Kane, HHH . Who the Royals want to see. Matches are usually crap. Cash grab.
Don’t forget local favorite, Bonesaw McGraw.
E9hvjHnXsAAaYpj.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: fredjr82
I won't be watching it, and don't support it, but I also can't understand the hate.

I watch a lot of golf so I'm sure I'll tune in to some of the LIV. Can't say I watch too much of the old guys on the Champions Tour & the LIV has a lot of 40+ guys, but I'll watch.

Yahoo reporting Dustin Johnson got a $150 million.

damn. I would play on the Stalin Tour for that.
I guess good for him. He won't be playing on the PGA Tour anymore and I would expect his sponsors to be dropping him soon. If all you care about is money he should be happy. Taking money from someone like the Saudi's shows how much character you have in my opinion.

I guess good for him. He won't be playing on the PGA Tour anymore and I would expect his sponsors to be dropping him soon. If all you care about is money he should be happy. Taking money from someone like the Saudi's shows how much character you have in my opinion.
Do you buy gas or diesel fuel? Where do you think the Saudis get their money?

You're lying if you tell me you wouldn't take $150 million to play golf.

150 million is a lot of reasons to play on the LIV tour. will be interesting to watch what happens with the tour issuing punishment and of course sponsorships
Have to imagine DJ will lose the RBC Sponsorship money since this is the first RBC Canadian Open in 3 years and he is not attending

This will come down to guys chasing cash versus those that are chasing legacy.

Are there cliff notes or a TL;DR to this entire story? Not really a golf fan, but I have no idea whats going on.
I'm not a big golf fan either and don't have all the facts. My understanding is that Sauda Arabia is funding golf tournaments that compete with PGA events, and cutting huge checks in doing so. PGA is doing what it can to limit competition, but some players are taking the payday.

Reactions: Finance85
And yet the NBA takes billions from China which no doubt has killed and imprisoned more and nobody says or does a damn thing.

it’s an interesting case study on humanity. The hypocrisy is so blatant and obvious to even point it out is embarrassing.

RBC is pretty apparent they'll be dropping him soon. They have 2 Tour stops they sponsor I believe, and multiple golfers. Graeme McDowell will be on that list to be dropped as well I presume.

I guess it depends on how long that $150 million is for. The high end Tour guys like Tiger and Phil have banked $40 million a year in sponsorships.

Don't ever feel sorry for a Professional Athlete. It isn't worth your time and they don't give a rats ass about you, the paying customer (or the Team for that matter, with the possible exception of Tom Brady). That ship sailed a long time ago. The NIL and "amateurs" has already proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt as well.

I'm not a big golf fan either and don't have all the facts. My understanding is that Sauda Arabia is funding golf tournaments that compete with PGA events, and cutting huge checks in doing so. PGA is doing what it can to limit competition, but some players are taking the payday.
And people are mad because...? Are people that loyal to the PGA? Because SA has a poor human rights record? So its basically the NBA/China of the golf world?

And people are mad because...? Are people that loyal to the PGA? Because SA has a poor human rights record? So its basically the NBA/China of the golf world?
Yes.

Some are.

Yes.

Kind of, because China supplies more to the world than oil, and they have over a billion consumers.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
ADVERTISEMENT