ADVERTISEMENT

Saudis send threat to the West over Bidens warning of consequences for the Kingdom

I've been told we were energy independent under Trump (which is not what being a net exporter means at all). But those folks ain't wrong about the suckitude of our dependence on OPEC. We should nationalize our O&G industries from the ground all the way to the pipe and pump and institute rationing and price controls so working people can afford to fill up to get to work and American industries have reliable local source of energy while we transition away from fossil fuels.

I've been told we were energy independent under Trump (which is not what being a net exporter means at all). But those folks ain't wrong about the suckitude of our dependence on OPEC. We should nationalize our O&G industries from the ground all the way to the pipe and pump and institute rationing and price controls so working people can afford to fill up to get to work and American industries have reliable local source of energy while we transition away from fossil fuels.
Whoa bro, OPEC+. Let’s not forget the little guys.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Bring it on orchestrators of 9/11 and of the murder of an American journalist
Yeah, it makes total sense. Let’s minimize oil production in the US to make it appear we are all in on green energy and instead let’s rely on other countries to provide us with oil and manipulate the oil price. Sheer genius, Lloyd.

Yeah, it makes total sense. Let’s minimize oil production in the US to make it appear we are all in on green energy and instead let’s rely on other countries to provide us with oil and manipulate the oil price. Sheer genius, Lloyd.
You understand American companies can sell their oil to other countries, right?

It doesn’t stay here, if others are willing to pay more for it.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I am so glad we had Joe Biden as President instead of literally anyone else Democrat or Republican. Only Joe would be willing to take it on the chin to get us out of that no-win-possible disaster in Afghanistan. Every other politician (with the possible exception of second term Trump) would have been worried about the treatment Biden has gotten over it. Not Joe. The man has been losing for decades. He was the right man to stop that shit show.

Reactions: JMNSHO
Arm the houthis. Let me go make some popcorn. They'll slit mbs' nutsack.

W and Cheney should have invaded Saudi Arabia following 9/11….instead we got a manufactured war and have been force fed that they are somehow our allies despite putting the screws to us every chance they get, including at the pump.

So yeah….Saudi Arabia can take a hike….should have them on the same lists as Russia, North Korea and Iran.

No. I don't like Joes saber rattling with absolutely nothing to convince me he will actually back it up.

Creepr Joe's bumbling foreign policy that started in Afghanistan, has led to a totally lack of respect for us and countries that used to respect and fear us are running amok.
He's funding a proxy war in Asia with the underdog starting to make a counter attack against Russia. Meanwhile he solidified Nato and has economic sanctions that will send Russia into the dark ages, and yet not a single drop of blood from US troops was spilled.

His policy in Afghanistan was started when the Trumpster Fire negotiated a deal with the Taliban and tied Biden's hand.

I am still waiting for this immensely lower production. We are actually higher than the end of trumps presidency and will shortly have more production than we had at the peak in 2019.

I am still waiting for this immensely lower production. We are actually higher than the end of trumps presidency and will shortly have more production than we had at the peak in 2019.
Stop talking about facts….those that are not of an “alternative variety” are not acceptable.

Personally I keep hearing Trump had us “energy independent”…but no one wants to define what they mean…by most measures we still are “energy independent”….the US has had to import foreign oil since like the 50’s…so Trump didn’t do anything to stop that either.

No you get solar, wind, and nuclear and go totally energy independent. Eff the Saudis and Opec.
There's nothing happening on the Nuclear front.

Hopefully fusion technology changes that in a decade or so...

Last edited:
We should nationalize our O&G industries from the ground all the way to the pipe and pump and institute rationing and price controls so working people can afford to fill up to get to work and American industries have reliable local source of energy while we transition away from fossil fuels.
It would save a lot of time and hassle to just shoot people advocating communism as the solution instead.

A twenty year f*ck up ended on Biden’s watch is all you had to say. W didn’t end that stupid war, Obama didn’t end that stupid war. Trump didn’t end that stupid war.
Weird, I was told Biden had to leave Afghanistan because of the deal Trump made. Biden extended the period before withdrawing, but in the end we left.

Think Biden will end our invasion of Syria? Or does that have to go on forever?

First Bush should have had Kuwait promise the United States to pay for their rescue with oil.

F’em

I would pump and frack every drop of US oil and have incentives for big oil to pump the shit out of it.

I would also give massive tax credits for EV purchases to get us off oil ASAP.

I would sell another bullet to any Arabs. They can buy the cheap Russian shit.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Hey lefties, please explain to me why Saudi oil is better for the U.S. and the world than American oil?
Huh? You'll have to ask the oil companies that. Although you probably know the answer already. Ever since the US ended the rule that American oil companies can't sell their oil overseas then we have been far more affected by the international price of oil than we were before. So, to get that back we need to reinstate the law that oil companies must sell their oil domestically.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
There's nothing happening on the Nuclear front.

Hopefully fusion technology changes that in a decode or so...
There isn't but there should be. By far the safest energy production we have. 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl along with The China Syndrome movie created a false perception that nuclear energy is unsafe.

ADVERTISEMENT