ADVERTISEMENT

Saudis send threat to the West over Bidens warning of consequences for the Kingdom

No you get solar, wind, and nuclear and go totally energy independent. Eff the Saudis and Opec.
We are at least a few decades and hundreds of billions of dollars from that being anywhere near viable. We should work to those goals but also not try to fabricate some illusion that we can live without serious amounts of fossil fuels and to discourage producing and using them until that time comes is idiotic.

There isn't but there should be. By far the safest energy production we have. 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl along with The China Syndrome movie created a false perception that nuclear energy is unsafe.
Fusion technology seems pretty promising.

If we want to limit greenhouse emissions Nuclear has to be part of the answer but like you said...pretty big perception problem to overcome.

Reactions: Hammer93
There's nothing happening on the Nuclear front.

Hopefully fusion technology changes that in a decade or so...
It all could have been fluff, but Billl Gates put a lot of energy into rethinking and modernizing nuclear and was set to build a test plant in China before COVID stopped its progression. Gates is a firm believer that nuclear is the worlds only choice to combat climate change right now. I tend to agree.

2019-17.jpg

If we want to limit greenhouse emissions Nuclear has to be part of the answer but like you said...pretty big perception problem to overcome.
It's one that needs to be addressed through campaigns to educate people but there's no appetite on either side to tackle that. You would think the environmentalists would lead this effort but they spent so much time railing against nuclear that it's hard for them to make that change. And the conservatives want to protect oil and coal at all costs to pad their pockets.

I've been told we were energy independent under Trump (which is not what being a net exporter means at all). But those folks ain't wrong about the suckitude of our dependence on OPEC. We should nationalize our O&G industries from the ground all the way to the pipe and pump and institute rationing and price controls so working people can afford to fill up to get to work and American industries have reliable local source of energy while we transition away from fossil fuels.
DEAR LORD.... quit making so damn much sense. In the late 1800's motor vehicles were invented.... everyone was pretty jacked about it. You know what they didn't do..... go out and shoot all the horses. They let the natural progression happen until it worked its way into society.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
First Bush should have had Kuwait promise the United States to pay for their rescue with oil.

F’em

I would pump and frack every drop of US oil and have incentives for big oil to pump the shit out of it.

I would also give massive tax credits for EV purchases to get us off oil ASAP.

I would sell another bullet to any Arabs. They can buy the cheap Russian shit.
All the EV's in the world won't do us any good until we have the power grid and other infrastructure to support it. That will take years if not decades. Classic cart ahead of the horse trying to lead change. Way to go, Brandon. Effed up another big one.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
All the EV's in the world won't do us any good until we have the power grid and other infrastructure to support it. That will take years if not decades. Classic cart ahead of the horse trying to lead change. Way to go, Brandon. Effed up another big one.
The grid can support it. It’s just going to lead to higher electricity charges at night.

Level 2 charging is slightly more draw than a water heater.

Because you won't, please allow me to answer for you. We (the anti-American left) can't allow drilling on U.S. territory for any reason, what-so-ever. It doesn't matter how much it hurts low income citizens or exacerbates inflation. It doesn't matter that American oil tends to be less dirty and we have the most advanced extraction technology in the world, we don't care. It doesn't matter it would provide high paying union jobs for American workers, doesn't matter. And lastly, we wouldn't be at the mercy of bad world actors like the Russians, Iranians, Venezuelans, it doesn't matter, we hate America and despise the U.S. oil industry.

Ignorance on display.

Because you won't, please allow me to answer for you. We (the anti-American left) can't allow drilling on U.S. territory for any reason, what-so-ever. It doesn't matter how much it hurts low income citizens or exacerbates inflation. It doesn't matter that American oil tends to be less dirty and we have the most advanced extraction technology in the world, we don't care. It doesn't matter it would provide high paying union jobs for American workers, doesn't matter. And lastly, we wouldn't be at the mercy of bad world actors like the Russians, Iranians, Venezuelans, it doesn't matter, we hate America and despise the U.S. oil industry.
Lol look at abbs pretending to give a shit about union jobs to further pretend we don't allow drilling for oil here

Hey lefties, please explain to me why Saudi oil is better for the U.S. and the world than American oil?
I’m not a petroleum engineer but it has a better ratio of the products we use, like gasoline. The oil we produce, especially in North Dakota, contains a disproportionate amount of heavier crude which is used more in Southeast Asia, which is why we export that stuff.

I think that’s it.

First Bush should have had Kuwait promise the United States to pay for their rescue with oil.

F’em

I would pump and frack every drop of US oil and have incentives for big oil to pump the shit out of it.

I would also give massive tax credits for EV purchases to get us off oil ASAP.

I would sell another bullet to any Arabs. They can buy the cheap Russian shit.
There’s a petroleum engineer on TikTok who is a great follow. The basic idea is that doubling United States oil production doesn’t help because we can’t refine any more.

If we don’t allow drilling on American soil why is domestic oil production skyrocketing? Why are more wells coming online every day?

There’s a petroleum engineer on TikTok who is a great follow. The basic idea is that doubling United States oil production doesn’t help because we can’t refine any more.
And refineries are more of a local issue. No one wants the health risks associated with refineries.

We need a long term strategy to getting off oil. Its the root cause of many problems.
We have one. Unfortunately, 2/3 of the country are entitled nannies that can't handle even the slightest inconvenience so the growing pains of transitioning away from oil is too much for them.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
That's what you got out of my response?o_O

I've read a post or two from you in the past criticizing unions, but part of your domestic oil pitch is that it's going to create union jobs? Hey I'm all for that in the short term. In fact it's totally possible for that to happen without changes to the law if investors want to make less money or possibly lose money so we can be energy independent.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
We have one. Unfortunately, 2/3 of the country are entitled nannies that can't handle even the slightest inconvenience so the growing pains of transitioning away from oil is too much for them.

Somehow they feel emasculated by not driving a gas guzzler.

I lump those that picked their college, major, and lifestyle and don’t want to pay for their choices right along with those that picked the giant SUV and truck.

DEAR LORD.... quit making so damn much sense. In the late 1800's motor vehicles were invented.... everyone was pretty jacked about it. You know what they didn't do..... go out and shoot all the horses. They let the natural progression happen until it worked its way into society.
Becoming a third world country is making sense? Really?

A twenty year f*ck up ended on Biden’s watch is all you had to say. W didn’t end that stupid war, Obama didn’t end that stupid war. Trump didn’t end that stupid war.
He blamed Joe on Afghanistan and I said Joe got forced into a crappy retreat. Your point is valid as there is plenty of blame to go around. I actually supported the war in Afghanistan because that's where the terrorists were at the time. I didn't support the prolonged occupation or nation building we always try to get into.

Who's telling you the power grid can't handle it. Me charging my car is like running my AC.

We are at least a few decades and hundreds of billions of dollars from that being anywhere near viable. We should work to those goals but also not try to fabricate some illusion that we can live without serious amounts of fossil fuels and to discourage producing and using them until that time comes is idiotic.
Excellent post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT