ADVERTISEMENT

Saudis send threat to the West over Bidens warning of consequences for the Kingdom

There isn't but there should be. By far the safest energy production we have. 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl along with The China Syndrome movie created a false perception that nuclear energy is unsafe.

There should be. Nuclear is a good source of energy and is pretty clean overall. It's a stop gap that is better than crude oil.
The problem with nuclear energy is not that it is inherently bad, but more so the risk if/when things go bad.

The videos mentioned by Rileyhawk shows that the people in charge had to make critical decisions that put lives in danger.

The public needs to trust that the people making those decisions are qualified and making decisions with public safety first.

So essentially, nuclear needs to be fool proof before it is widely accepted again.

Nuclear has proven to be a very, very safe method of creating energy. We need to increase Fossil Fuel production by 50%, sell the excess to our allies and work as hard as possible to continue to move towards Green Energy. It's not that hard of a freaking problem. We just have morons in charge.

You would know. Meanwhile california has a website to check your address if you are on that day's rolling brown out.
I do know ignorance when I see it and this was another example.

I have no idea wtf the rest of your post is about.

The problem with nuclear energy is not that it is inherently bad, but more so the risk if/when things go bad.

The videos mentioned by Rileyhawk shows that the people in charge had to make critical decisions that put lives in danger.

The public needs to trust that the people making those decisions are qualified and making decisions with public safety first.

So essentially, nuclear needs to be fool proof before it is widely accepted again.
Nuclear has proven to be FAR safer than other forms of energy production. The public doesn't trust it because of the overreactions to 3 Mile Island and seeing The China Syndrome.

Nuclear has proven to be FAR safer than other forms of energy production. The public doesn't trust it because of the overreactions to 3 Mile Island and seeing The China Syndrome.
There is a 1000 mile Exclusion area around chernobyl where people have not been able to live for over 30 years. What other form of energy production in use today creates that same level of impact?

We can clean up an oil spill, we can't clean up a nuclear disaster yet.

There is a 1000 mile Exclusion area around chernobyl where people have not been able to live for over 30 years. What other form of energy production in use today creates that same level of impact?

We can clean up an oil spill, we can't clean up a nuclear disaster yet.
If you do any sort of research you will learn that Chernobyl was built without safeguards that we have in the US. Even with that, the number of deaths from that disaster is far, far lower than those associated with oil and coal.

Reactions: funksouljon
I've been told we were energy independent under Trump (which is not what being a net exporter means at all). But those folks ain't wrong about the suckitude of our dependence on OPEC. We should nationalize our O&G industries from the ground all the way to the pipe and pump and institute rationing and price controls so working people can afford to fill up to get to work and American industries have reliable local source of energy while we transition away from fossil fuels.
Nationalize?? That would guarantee a massive price increase and shortages. Who runs it the government? I have worked for the federal government and can tell you they couldn't run a car wash properly.

Reactions: Finance85
Nationalize?? That would guarantee a massive price increase and shortages. Who runs it the government? I have worked for the federal government and can tell you they couldn't run a car wash properly.
I spent 5 hrs the other day (not joking) trying to get my son registered on studentaid.gov so we could submit a FAFSA, Which will be useless since we wont actually qualify for anything but I digress...

The website multiple form submission web pages were taking forever to load and there were times that it would try to load over 5 minutes and then send me an error page. I kept at this for hours because I could not submit and electronically sign the FAFSA without him having his own login.

NO business in the US would survive 10 minutes with this sort of customer service. ZERO. Can you imagine if it took even 30 minutes to submit a simple order on Amazon instead of the 1 minute it actually takes? There would be no Amazon. But since I have NO other option I had to sit there for all those hours trying to get it to accept. Absolutely awful. Inexcusable.

So, yes, I agree, nothing the government runs, runs well. No way in hell they should ever come near our healthcare.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger.1865
ADVERTISEMENT