ADVERTISEMENT

Say what you will about Iowa State...

soybean

HB King
Sep 30, 2001
...but they did what they had to do. You can't take that away from them.

You're right, Soybean. But the Hawkettes will try. Just listen.... Here they come.

Self pity is ugly.

Congrats to them.....just not sure how much more they can be playing with fire like that and keep coming back.

Originally posted by Michael1969:
Congrats to them.....just not sure how much more they can be playing with fire like that and keep coming back.
I'm sure their luck will run out sometime...but will it be this year? By now they, and their opponents, have to believe that no lead is safe from them.

Final 4 talent wise, but if they get down 15 in the tournament, it won't be as easy to pull a game out of their ass.

Originally posted by yerpHAWK:
Final 4 talent wise, but if they get down 15 in the tournament, it won't be as easy to pull a game out of their ass.
There won't be too many tougher teams to come back on in the NCAA than Kansas was tonight.

Congrats to Coach Hoiberg on his assembly of
a basketball team that never gives up. They played
in a tough conference and won their tourney against
Kansas. I believe they will be tough in NCAA.

May not agree with Hoiberg's strategy of acquiring players, but dang it produces results and that's the bottom line.

They are a fun team to watch play, I really like McKay, He brings energy and just looks like he is truly having a good time playing the game.

All of you a nothing more than filthy ISU trolls!!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

They're a blast to watch! Have never had a problem cheering for ISU when they aren't playing Iowa.. I hope they go deep!

Originally posted by soybean:
There won't be too many tougher teams to come back on in the NCAA than Kansas was tonight.
To me the most amazing aspect of tonight's game was that ISU came from 17 down in the second half against a top ten team.....and made only ONE three-pointer in the second half.

Somehow, I find nothing fun about hearing how awesome Iowa State is, but I guess I am weird. I thought the Wayne Morgan and Greg McDermott years were pretty great.

Originally posted by SotaHawk87:
They're a blast to watch! Have never had a problem cheering for ISU when they aren't playing Iowa.. I hope they go deep!
6 feet under would be about right.
laugh.r191677.gif

I have no problem rooting for the Clones when they are not playing my Hawks.....I know TON of nice ISU fans believe it or not. Really fun team to watch!!!! Hope the Hawks can get there as well!!

Really? KU got a 17 pt lead and started chucking 3's. ISU got down 17 and decided to play. Imagine if they played a full 40? Imagine if KU played a full 40?

BTW, F Transfer U. I suggest all you ISU wannabees go over to the clown board and suck their.....

Only a matter of time before the trolls crawl out from under their bridges, hijack someones computer and magically appear to spew their nonsense.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by iceland:
Somehow, I find nothing fun about hearing how awesome Iowa State is, but I guess I am weird. I thought the Wayne Morgan and Greg McDermott years were pretty great.
Have you ever been to Reykjavik? I have. You should go.

Originally posted by OldTownPepe:

I flew through Keflavik en route to Paris but now kind of regret not opening a longer layover. I assume you suggest a summer visit?

Originally posted by wyohawk:

I flew through Keflavik en route to Paris but now kind of regret not opening a longer layover. I assume you suggest a summer visit?
Summer would be best, I think. I was there in May. Eerily beautiful place that leaves a lasting impression.
I didn't care for Wayne Morgan, though.

Summer would be best, I think. I was there in May. Eerily beautiful place that leaves a lasting impression.
As a Wyomingite, I'm no stranger to the beauty of bleakness. Have always thought it may be fun to rent a car or sleeper van and drive the ring road. With constantly lowering airfares (WOWair is pretty ridic), this may just be the year to do it.

As a Wyomingite, I'm no stranger to the beauty of bleakness. Have always thought it may be fun to rent a car or sleeper van and drive the ring road. With constantly lowering airfares (WOWair is pretty ridic), this may just be the year to do it.
What part of Wyoming?

Originally posted by MTHawkeyes43:

What part of Wyoming?
Laramie. About as far from MT as possible, but I still enjoy my time up there when it (rarely) materializes. What part of MT do you harken from currently?

Any way you want to cut it, they are very entertaining to watch and are better than Iowa this year and will be even more so next year. It will be several years at least, before Iowa beats ISU again in bball........oops, just like in football.

What part of Wyoming?
Laramie. About as far from MT as possible, but I still enjoy my time up there when it (rarely) materializes. What part of MT do you harken from currently?
Flathead Valley up by Glacier National Park.

Do it wyohawk, while you can. I had a girlfriend who lived in Casper. She looked like Sophia Loren. Gorgeous.

What part of Wyoming?
Mmm...fantastic country. Just had a good friend move up to Kalispell and I've been meaning to visit her. It's just...so...far.

What part of Wyoming?
Mmm...fantastic country. Just had a good friend move up to Kalispell and I've been meaning to visit her. It's just...so...far.
My son plays tournament basketball and we practice in Kalispell so we are there daily.

Going toe to toe against the talent of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas on three consecutive nights was not a gimme title, that's for sure.

What part of Wyoming?
My son plays tournament basketball and we practice in Kalispell so we are there daily.
Very cool. Good on you mate. Enjoy the sky up there.

I promise if our paths ever cross, I won't try to get your goat like I do here. You mostly seem like a good, thoughtful dude (with sometimes overly negative, critical opinions) and I guess I believe you aren't actually a Cyclone fan... for now.

Bach-Performance-Big-arm-blueprint.jpg

...but they did what they had to do. You can't take that away from them.
Congrats TO CLONES. Reading through these threads is what separates a Clone fan from a Hawk fan. Hawk fans will acknowledge Cyclone success and compliment it. (I realize not all but a lot) Very seldom does a Clone fan acknowledge any good the Hawks do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT