ADVERTISEMENT

SC Cop drags student across the floor in class room

Well, Palm Beach County IS controlled by democrats, so maybe they ARE housing kids in trailers when there are perfectly good classrooms available....

No. You've owned nothing.

You've hid for a while.

You should've just changed your handle.
I'm to change my handle because someone might concoct a fantasy position to pretend I held a year or so ago?

I've given you the basic jist of my posts on that subject, which were nothing like your representation. You're either confusing me with someone else, making crap up, or delving into some oddly specific fantasy you've clung to go reasons that have little to do with me.

I honestly don't give a crap which it is. I stopped posting much because the level of rational debate around here doesn't rise to the level of junior high locker room. It's mostly overwrought reactionaties. A place inhabited by the type of jackass who defends grown men beating up kids without a shred of shame in order to fill some emotional void. What's the point in engaging with that, really?

Well, Palm Beach County IS controlled by democrats, so maybe they ARE housing kids in trailers when there are perfectly good classrooms available....

I'll try to make this easy for you...pay attention. Your local high schools are likely on either the seven period day or the four block. In the seven period model, the core teachers generally have two free periods for planning and meetings when their kids are at electives. In the four block, they have three 90 minute classes and then one block free for planning, meetings, and likely some remediation work with students who are behind. Those are the two most common models, at least.

During the teachers' planning times, their classrooms are usually empty...all their kids are at electives, see? Then there are times of day when all the kids will be in core classes...that's when the elective teachers have their planning and meeting times and THEIR rooms are empty. Whether you like it or not, that's how it works.

I'll try to make this easy for you...pay attention. Your local high schools are likely on either the seven period day or the four block. In the seven period model, the core teachers generally have two free periods for planning and meetings when their kids are at electives. In the four block, they have three 90 minute classes and then one block free for planning, meetings, and likely some remediation work with students who are behind. Those are the two most common models, at least.

During the teachers' planning times, their classrooms are usually empty...all their kids are at electives, see? Then there are times of day when all the kids will be in core classes...that's when the elective teachers have their planning and meeting times and THEIR rooms are empty. Whether you like it or not, that's how it works.

So, why don't they rotate the trailer students in these classrooms while the teachers are taking their smoke breaks?

I'm to change my handle because someone might concoct a fantasy position to pretend I held a year or so ago?

I've given you the basic jist of my posts on that subject, which were nothing like your representation. You're either confusing me with someone else, making crap up, or delving into some oddly specific fantasy you've clung to go reasons that have little to do with me.

I honestly don't give a crap which it is. I stopped posting much because the level of rational debate around here doesn't rise to the level of junior high locker room. It's mostly overwrought reactionaties. A place inhabited by the type of jackass who defends grown men beating up kids without a shred of shame in order to fill some emotional void. What's the point in engaging with that, really?

So, you still won't meet your personal deficiencies head on.

This doesn't surprise me.

Let's remember that were many other students in the class, who I assume at least some of them were interested in learning that day. If my child comes home from school one day and tells me about one student disrupting the whole class due to sheer stubbornness and/or lack of respect for the teacher/rules/etc...I ask myself what is the wrong with the teacher/principal/etc that they cannot manage a classroom.

The purpose of school is to teach ALL of the students...not preserve the rights of one, or few, malcontent(s). I am sure that 3 or 4 of the posters on this thread cannot grasp this...but, if you let her "win" in front of other students given all that went on leading up to the upset...you can be assured that others will copy her in the future, further eroding classroom decorum and respect for authority. I suspect that few will duplicate her insubordination in the future with the idea that they "could be next" to be drug out of class. And that's OK by me.

Note: from the video...I do think the SRO probably could have physically removed her without tipping her over and potentially injuring her...but she was warned many times prior to that and sometimes hard heads need to learn the hard way. I completely support removing her by force, provided she had been given multiple chances to get up on her own, etc, BUT...I think his specific technique was a little excessive. Then again...it's hard to be 100% sure by that video, since she was resisting his efforts to remove her.

Pretty difficult to educate kids who don't want to be there or care. Likewise hard to communicate with parents who don't care or don't want to hear about how "poor" their child is doing in school. Regardless of how hard you try, if they don't have any interest or desire to be there, you can do everything in the book and it won't work. They just simply want to do, what they want to do and could care less.

Sorry but its true, most kids do want to learn and be an active member in a classroom. There are also students who could care less and basically go to school to socialize or because the state tells them they have to. These are the kids that are the problem and ruin it for other students.

I agree that he didn't need to use that force, but if you let her "win" today, your going to have more and more kids acting like that in the future. My one question was, why didn't they just grab the phone? Just rip it out of her hands and say this is ours, until the end of the school day. Now the educator in my says, "mom will call and be upset with the school and probably make a big stink out of it." But seriously just rip the phone out of her hands, I bet then she would of followed you anywhere. Some of these kids are addicted to their phones.

Pretty difficult to educate kids who don't want to be there or care. Likewise hard to communicate with parents who don't care or don't want to hear about how "poor" their child is doing in school. Regardless of how hard you try, if they don't have any interest or desire to be there, you can do everything in the book and it won't work. They just simply want to do, what they want to do and could care less.

Sorry but its true, most kids do want to learn and be an active member in a classroom. There are also students who could care less and basically go to school to socialize or because the state tells them they have to. These are the kids that are the problem and ruin it for other students.

I agree that he didn't need to use that force, but if you let her "win" today, your going to have more and more kids acting like that in the future. My one question was, why didn't they just grab the phone? Just rip it out of her hands and say this is ours, until the end of the school day. Now the educator in my says, "mom will call and be upset with the school and probably make a big stink out of it." But seriously just rip the phone out of her hands, I bet then she would of followed you anywhere. Some of these kids are addicted to their phones.

I know multiple teachers, in multiple school districts, and if there is one common theme between all of them is that there is almost always a percentage of kids in their classes who do not, or cannot, behave themselves and they invariably disrupt the classroom and require an inordinate amount of teacher time...which takes away from the instruction of the great majority of the well behaves students. Sometimes the reason is clinical, but most times it traces right back to poor parenting and bad attitudes.

An anecdotal example from yesterday...a teacher I know well asked to speak privately to the parent of one of the habitual offenders in her classroom. The teacher begins to explain how the student does not listen, acts out, disturbs others, etc...the parent interrupts the teacher and says, "I don't know what to tell you, he doesn't listen to us either...". Conversation over. This kid is shaping up to be a teachers dream...and he is in kindergarten!

Another anecdotal example from yesterday...I stopped by a convenience store in the morning that often has kids in it getting snacks, etc, before they go to school. A young boy, probably 7 or 8, is arguing with his mother about some sugary snack that he wants for breakfast, etc, and after a little back and forth, he shouts at his mother, takes the snack out of her hand and runs out the front door. Naturally, about 5 or 6 people, myself included, look over at that time and she essentially shrugs her shoulders and walks out after him. I suspect he got his sugar before class after all and further established that he is ruling the roost with mom AND is likely another model student.

I could list dozens of examples like this...the point is...way too many parents nowadays let their kids walk all over them and set the kids up for failure...all the while, dragging down their fellow classmates and teachers, etc. Worse...some day these kids grow up to be adults and have a pretty low chance of being productive, all the while distracting from the productive efforts of others. They need to be confronted and this crap needs to end.

I know multiple teachers, in multiple school districts, and if there is one common theme between all of them is that there is almost always a percentage of kids in their classes who do not, or cannot, behave themselves and they invariably disrupt the classroom and require an inordinate amount of teacher time...which takes away from the instruction of the great majority of the well behaves students. Sometimes the reason is clinical, but most times it traces right back to poor parenting and bad attitudes.

An anecdotal example from yesterday...a teacher I know well asked to speak privately to the parent of one of the habitual offenders in her classroom. The teacher begins to explain how the student does not listen, acts out, disturbs others, etc...the parent interrupts the teacher and says, "I don't know what to tell you, he doesn't listen to us either...". Conversation over. This kid is shaping up to be a teachers dream...and he is in kindergarten!

Another anecdotal example from yesterday...I stopped by a convenience store in the morning that often has kids in it getting snacks, etc, before they go to school. A young boy, probably 7 or 8, is arguing with his mother about some sugary snack that he wants for breakfast, etc, and after a little back and forth, he shouts at his mother, takes the snack out of her hand and runs out the front door. Naturally, about 5 or 6 people, myself included, look over at that time and she essentially shrugs her shoulders and walks out after him. I suspect he got his sugar before class after all and further established that he is ruling the roost with mom AND is likely another model student.

I could list dozens of examples like this...the point is...way too many parents nowadays let their kids walk all over them and set the kids up for failure...all the while, dragging down their fellow classmates and teachers, etc. Worse...some day these kids grow up to be adults and have a pretty low chance of being productive, all the while distracting from the productive efforts of others. They need to be confronted and this crap needs to end.

Standing Ovation for this post!! You hit the nail on the head perfectly. I couldn't agree with you more. Its a sad state when parents allow their children to run the house. When I was an educator I actually heard parents say in conferences, "were trying to be their friend." We want them to feel safe with us so they can talk to us? WTF?

I don't know how many times I had to tell the parents, while yes you want them to open up to you if there is problem, you have to establish that your not their friend, your their parent and what you say is the law. There has to be discipline and consequences for certain behaviors at home, because there are consequences for certain behaviors at school as well. Otherwise your child will walk all over you and then we have an issue at home and at school with authority. Because they think what they do at home is okay to do at school.

I applaud and respect anyone who is in education now a days. People complain about teachers salaries, I say they earn every penny with what they have to put up with on a daily basis. It is a different world than when I was in school and when I was teaching. It is mind boggling all the issues that are coming up and sadly its the teachers/administrators who get blamed. When in all reality the blame should start at home and the parents/students behaviors.

So she hits the cop - that's called assault. If this is done on the street, is it assault?

At least three videos have surfaced of the violent arrest at Spring Valley High School. The sheriff said one of the videos shows the girl attacking the officer before the arrest.

151027073432-01-spring-valley-high-school-medium-plus-169.jpg

"When the officer puts his hands on her initially, she reaches up and she pops the officer with her fist," he said.

Huh - the kids that shot the video are in defense of Fields... they said it was a student that was always defiant and trouble. WOW - who'da thunk it.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/29/us/south-carolina-school-arrest-videos/index.html

So she hits the cop - that's called assault. If this is done on the street, is it assault?

At least three videos have surfaced of the violent arrest at Spring Valley High School. The sheriff said one of the videos shows the girl attacking the officer before the arrest.

"When the officer puts his hands on her initially, she reaches up and she pops the officer with her fist," he said.

Huh - the kids that shot the video are in defense of Fields... they said it was a student that was always defiant and trouble. WOW - who'da thunk it.

It doesn't matter. This is like Ferguson, once someone's mind is made up that the cop is guilty no amount of evidence will change someone's mind.

I don't think he should be fired but for the record he definitely could have handled the situation better.

my MIL does in home daycare. She has had parents who asked her why their child is so well behaved at daycare, but don't behave at home. Of course, she disciplines them if they act out of control, don't let them get away with things like throwing toys, having physical confrontations with other kids etc.

The parents pull the "if you keep doing that, I am going to do this, that and this" and the kids keep doing it and there is no follow through from the parents. Congrats, you just taught your kid that you have no consequences if they dont listen to you.

One time, I was with my boy who was probably 3 or so at the time getting stuff at the grocery store. I had a couple things in my cart and he saw something he wanted. I told him no and he started throwing a fit. I gave him to the count of ten to settle down. the ten count came, and this is where the parents would do nothing or just ignore the screaming child as they continue wandering around the store. I picked him out of the cart and put him over my shoulder with him screaming and yelling and walked out. It took me 20 minutes to get him strapped in the carseat and once i did, he kept crying that he wanted to go back. We got home, he settled down and we went back out and got what i originally came in for.

Sure it took me a little bit longer to complete the task, but he has never thrown a tantrum in a store since that moment. If I just let him carry on and didnt follow through, who knows how many times i would have to deal with that same behavior when I take him out.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
my MIL does in home daycare. She has had parents who asked her why their child is so well behaved at daycare, but don't behave at home. Of course, she disciplines them if they act out of control, don't let them get away with things like throwing toys, having physical confrontations with other kids etc...

Another anecdote, like I said, I could provide dozens of them...my wife did in home daycare for many years when our kids were younger, etc. The conversation you described above happened in some form or another multiple times over the years AND at least two times that I can recall...the parent actually requested that my wife, or I, discipline their defiant child in PLACE OF THEM.

OK, I don't mind helping someone out...BUT...if your child doesn't respect you, the parent, then no one else is really very likely to solve that base problem for you, not teachers, not the police, etc. Zoom forward a few years and now we have a nearly full grown teenager who has not been taught self control or respect for authority, etc, and the society is all too quick to jump on the person who has to deal with the out of control/defiant rebel. Things are bassackwards folks.

Another anecdote, like I said, I could provide dozens of them...my wife did in home daycare for many years when our kids were younger, etc. The conversation you described above happened in some form or another multiple times over the years AND at least two times that I can recall...the parent actually requested that my wife, or I, discipline their defiant child in PLACE OF THEM.

OK, I don't mind helping someone out...BUT...if your child doesn't respect you, the parent, then no one else is really very likely to solve that base problem for you, not teachers, not the police, etc. Zoom forward a few years and now we have a nearly full grown teenager who has not been taught self control or respect for authority, etc, and the society is all too quick to jump on the person who has to deal with the out of control/defiant rebel. Things are bassackwards folks.

hell, i was at one of those mall playgrounds when my boy was smaller (once again, maybe 2 or 3). I detested going to those things as most parents think that letting their kids run like savages in those areas alleviates them from the responsibility of actually watching their offspring. However it was early in the morning and the stores weren't open so it wasn't busy. there was a bigger kid that would just go and push right in front of him and go down the small slide. about the third time he did it, it knocked my boy down the steps.
I asked this lady, who had her nose buried in her phone if that was her kid and she confirmed. i told her that she needs to start paying attention to him. She started crying. Another parent who just got there tried playing the part of the white knight started getting into my face and threatened to get security. I told him he could quit trying to get down the lady's pants and said she should watch her kids. Apparently, telling a lady to do her job as a parent is quite taboo.

Reactions: Chuck C

Let's stop pretending that she assaulted him. She does nothing physical to him before he puts her in choke hold. At that point she naturally flails about and her hand comes near him, but it doesn't even look like it makes contact. It certainly doesn't look like an assault of any sort.

Let's also stop pretending that criticizing the cop is equivalent to giving the girl a pass. Nobody is defending the girls actions that led up to what happened. We are just not happy with the officers actions. Just because the cop needs to be disciplined, doesn't mean the girl was right, and nobody is saying that she was.

The indisputable fact is that an officer took very violent action on a kid who had taken no violent action against him and did not pose a threat. Stop trying to make straw man arguments to absolve him of that.

Reactions: moral_victory
I do agree with what his boss said about the termination. To paraphrase, he didn't have a problem with the officer forcibly removing her from the room, but when she slid across the floor he lost control of the detainee and that's the part that was unacceptable.

Doubt the union will feel that way, though.

Let's stop pretending that she assaulted him. She does nothing physical to him before he puts her in choke hold. At that point she naturally flails about and her hand comes near him, but it doesn't even look like it makes contact. It certainly doesn't look like an assault of any sort.

Let's also stop pretending that criticizing the cop is equivalent to giving the girl a pass. Nobody is defending the girls actions that led up to what happened. We are just not happy with the officers actions. Just because the cop needs to be disciplined, doesn't mean the girl was right, and nobody is saying that she was.

The indisputable fact is that an officer took very violent action on a kid who had taken no violent action against him and did not pose a threat. Stop trying to make straw man arguments to absolve him of that.
How is it pretending when they (the school and such) state that a video shows the girl punch the officer? Are you failing to read the quote from the report?

In the third video viewed by police, Lott said, it shows the girl hitting the officer in the head once he puts his hands on her: "There's no question about that."

The female student in the video as well as a second student — identified as Niya Kenny — was arrested for "contributing to the chaos," Lott added.

Kenny told NBC News on Tuesday that she saw the officer put his arm around her classmate's neck, which is when she tried to hit him.

"I don't even think her fist made contact with him — she tried to," Kenny said.

The cold hard world usually straightens out most %sshats. For some it just takes a little longer.
The inmates are running the asylum.Why would any kid that wants to learn have to put up with spoiled princess's behavior?
I wouldn't doubt some kids in that classroom are glad she got her ish handed to her.

Reactions: Chuck C
How is it pretending when they (the school and such) state that a video shows the girl punch the officer? Are you failing to read the quote from the report?

In the third video viewed by police, Lott said, it shows the girl hitting the officer in the head once he puts his hands on her: "There's no question about that."

The female student in the video as well as a second student — identified as Niya Kenny — was arrested for "contributing to the chaos," Lott added.

Kenny told NBC News on Tuesday that she saw the officer put his arm around her classmate's neck, which is when she tried to hit him.

"I don't even think her fist made contact with him — she tried to," Kenny said.
I've seen the video and at the very most she makes a weak reaction to HIS ARM AROUND HER THROAT. That is not assault. She doesn't appear to make contact at all.

People are dishonestly saying and alluding to her having hit him before he gets violent with her which is clearly and indisputably not the case in any videos that have been released.

I've seen the video and at the very most she makes a weak reaction to HIS ARM AROUND HER THROAT. That is not assault. She doesn't appear to make contact at all.

People are dishonestly saying and alluding to her having hit him before he gets violent with her which is clearly and indisputably not the case in any videos that have been released.
So you have seen the video that no one else but the cops have... Damn, you got some contacts...

Also, to your point - um this was in my prior post...

So not sure where you are getting your assertions from...

So you have seen the video that no one else but the cops have... Damn, you got some contacts...

If the girl had assaulted him maybe he would have kept his job, but she didn't.

If the girl would have started swinging on the officer before he attacked, and even made contact this wouldn't even be an issue.

Had another look. Is the officer okay? Thoughts and prayers.

fxAPFr.gif
Is this the 3rd video that no one but the cops have had eyes on? Still impressed that you and the other have access to something that noone else in the internet world does.

T&P for you as well.

Also, to your point - um this was in my prior post...

So not sure where you are getting your assertions from...
Google is your friend.

The biggest question is who filmed it and is a cell phone policy in effect if so the violator needs to be expelled. If the student had only followed the officers instructions none of this wou
The kid was being disobedient. No one doubts that. But, it did not require the actions chosen by the cop. Those actions have now made this a national story. Kids are disobedient. It happens millions of times a day, every day. Now we have the ability to see what's happening in isolated situations that we never had 20, 30, 40+ years ago. We, as a society, have allowed our conditions to get to this point.

The kid got what they deserved and the officer should get a medal.

The officer should be awarded a medal for simply trying to take out the trash. Parents should be asking for a refund on the money spent on education when their child has to share a classroom with a "bum" who has no interest in learning and their only goal is to be disruptive and make it impossible for others to learn.

Like I said give the officer a medal for attempting to take out the trash.

Interesting. About 100 students at the high school staged a walkout to show support for the fired officer.

About 100 students at a South Carolina high school walked out of class briefly Friday to show support for a school resource officer fired after video showed him throwing an uncooperative black female student across the floor, according to local media and Twitter feeds.

The students walked out of classes at Spring Valley HIgh School in Columbia, S.C., around 10 a.m. and gathered in the atrium to express their views on the firing of Deputy Ben Fields.

Some in the crowd — which included both black and white students — wore T-shirts reading "Free Fields" or "#BringBackFields."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st...red-deputy-at-sc-school/ar-BBmD3GJ?li=AAa0dzB

ADVERTISEMENT