ADVERTISEMENT

***** Schedule Reveal Thread: Sep 19, 9AM on FOX. Game #9 at UNI Dome? Nebraska on Black Friday? MSU & PSU the Crossovers? *****

Most fields are not grass like that any more. Most are the softer synthetic field turf with the rubber stuff underneath. So it is not Lambeau Field for the ice bowl.
Green Bay has a heating system under their turf. That’s what makes it safe.

Gophers also have one. It was needed when Vikings played there.

Yes, but they'd have to weigh the pros and cons of having head-to-head TV matchups with the BTCG. Any other prime time games that day would have to be Rutgers-NW or Maryland-IL, with undercards like Iowa-Mich and Minn-PSU. Ouch.
Yes I'm imagining an 8PM game in Indy on Friday night, a game at noon on Saturday, and a game at 8PM on Saturday night for the CCG. That seem totally doable and takes care of nearly half of the teams.

Then do a Friday evening, Saturday noon double header in Minneapolis and Detroit and that takes care of the rest. Saturday night is reserved for the CCG.

Reactions: MeetTheFerentz
Not sure I'd consider it a long shot if they go with this format. What other indoor options are there in the B1G footprint? The 7 listed above already includes Milwaukee, where I don't believe a football game has ever been played. The only other option that exists even close to the B1G footprint that might be superior to UNI-Dome is Fargodome.

I still like the idea of that 9th game being on campuses. Reducing travel has been at the crux of fighting this pandemic, so why have 6 teams travel that don't have to? Also, avoiding cold weather games is more about fan safety than player safety, and that factor would not exist. There are rarely days in mid-December that are dangerously cold, anyway. They could always have some indoor stadiums reserved as a back-up if outdoor games are anticipated to be a problem as the day approaches.

Is it safe for me to circle back to the giant mistake that was made by Chicago and not making Soldier Field into a retractable roof. Chicago really blew it.

Is it safe for me to circle back to the giant mistake that was made by Chicago and not making Soldier Field into a retractable roof. Chicago really blew it.
Hey, why have things in your town like the Super Bowl, the Final Four, the BTCG and the CFP Championship game when you can instead have the world's only "spaceship on top of a classic piece of architecture" stadium?

No thanks to Friday night games especially with no fans. Let HS football have Friday nights. Of course the last couple of weeks there won’t be HS football.

I am going to stick with my original prediction.

IOWA's 9 game schedule appears to be:

Division Games:

1. Wisconsin
2. Minnesota (AWAY)
3. Nebraska (their AD pushing for Black Friday)
4. Illinois (AWAY)
5. Purdue (AWAY)
6. Northwestern

Crossover Games:
7. Penn State (AWAY)
8. Michigan State (HOME)

Dec 18/19 B1G Title Game Weekend:
9. Opponent from EAST DIVISION, to be determined

How game #9 will work:
.....# 1 East vs #1 West for B1G CHAMPIONSHIP
.....# 2 East vs #2 West (unless those 2 teams played in regular season)
.....and so on....

Week 2 (Oct 30/31) includes:
N'w at Iowa
OSU at PSU
Wisc at Debbie
MN at MD
Purdue at ILL
MSU at Michigan

Little Debbie 0-2 ;)

Last edited:
If Petras steps up and gels right away, I believe this team runs through the schedule right into the championship game. The offensive weapons the Hawkeyes return are something special. Plus Iowa's defense has ample experience. I'm excited for the first game...GO HAWKS!

If Petras steps up and gels right away, I believe this team runs through the schedule right into the championship game. The offensive weapons the Hawkeyes return are something special. Plus Iowa's defense has ample experience. I'm excited for the first game...GO HAWKS!
will we see the style (and creativity) of offense that we saw in the Holiday Bowl? I sure hope so!

Reactions: rfgiowa
Week 5 (Nov 20/21) includes:
Iowa at PSU
Illinois at Debbie

Summary:
Week 1 (Oct 23/24): Iowa at Purdue
Week 2 (Oct 30/31): Northwestern at Iowa
Week 3 (Nov 6/7): Michigan State at Iowa
Week 4 (Nov 13/14): Iowa at Minnesota

Week 6 (Nov 27/28) includes:
PSU at Mich
Neb at Iowa
MN at Wisc

Summary:
Week 5 (Nov 20/21): Iowa at Penn State
Week 6 (Nov 27/28): Nebraska at Iowa

Week 7 (Dec 4/5) includes:
Iowa at Ill
Debbie at Purdue

Summary:
Week 6 (Nov 27/28): Nebraska at Iowa
Week 7 (Dec 4/5); Iowa at Illinois

Week 8 (Dec 11/12) includes:
Wisc at Iowa
Mich at OSU
MN at Debbie

IOWA'S FULL SCHEDULE:
Week 6 (Nov 27/28): Nebraska at Iowa (BLACK FRIDAY?)
Week 7 (Dec 4/5); Iowa at Illinois
Week 8 (Dec 11/12): Wisconsin at Iowa

I guess I can't complain too much with Iowa's abbreviation schedule. 2 major pluses and 1 major bummer:

Good news:
1) Iowa will not miss this year's OOC schedule. Could you imagine what it would be like if this were FINALLY the year that Iowa landed N.D. or some other high profile OOC opponent?
2) Two solid cross-over opponents. Hopefully game #9 will be against Michigan or OSU (preferably in Indy).

One bummer:
Iowa only gets to play in the Horseshoe so much. Really sucks to miss out on that this year.

Stay healthy, boys. We need the normalcy of some sort of college football season.

Did Wisconsin get the easiest schedule, again??? @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

EiSSYlDWkAcwSHo

ADVERTISEMENT