ADVERTISEMENT

FULL SCHEDULE (27 GAMES) RELEASED! Hosting MTE(Nov25). W Ill(Dec3), N Car(Dec8), ISU (Dec11) & N Ill(Dec13) @ CHA. Gonzaga(Dec19). No Gavitt Games

So, is there going to be games against the Big East and ACC this year? Franisdaman's posts are just grey rectangles with no substance....
Even with a global pandemic and schools scrambling to finalize a revised nonconfernce schedule as a result (up to 7 games, instead of 11), its pretty clear there will be a B1G/ACC Challenge based on what I have posted

What is also very clear is that your post and your mind contain no substance

Even with a global pandemic and schools scrambling to finalize a revised nonconfernce schedule as a result (up to 7 games, instead of 11), its pretty clear there will be a B1G/ACC Challenge based on what I have posted

What is also very clear is that your post and your mind contain no substance

Do you understand that when you post, all I get or for that matter who knows if anyone else gets from your posting, is a blank grey rectangle with no message or info inside. And you have the gall to complain about my post. This new format is not working if I'm supposed to see what you post.

Reactions: skydog0784
Do you understand that when you post, all I get or for that matter who knows if anyone else gets from your posting, is a blank grey rectangle with no message or info inside. And you have the gall to complain about my post. This new format is not working if I'm supposed to see what you post.
Uh, his posts have details in them.

Do you understand that when you post, all I get or for that matter who knows if anyone else gets from your posting, is a blank grey rectangle with no message or info inside. And you have the gall to complain about my post. This new format is not working if I'm supposed to see your posts.
i apologize; i thought you were making a condescending remark; my bad

i know there are issues with phones

Do you understand that when you post, all I get or for that matter who knows if anyone else gets from your posting, is a blank grey rectangle with no message or info inside. This new format is not working if I'm supposed to see what you post.
Just figured it out. My firewall was blocking it. Just got em. Thanks for the help!

@IllQChawk , see the post from @pmtdc above.

@pmtdc , can you you please explain what you did with your phone in order to see content?

Thanks!

NOTE: The first three games OF THE ORIGINAL SCHEDULE constituted an exempt multi-team event that Iowa was hosting. This home "tournament" was considered a classic; it was not a traditional tournament. Iowa, Southern, North Carolina Central and South Dakota were to all play each other. South Dakota was to host two games before playing at Iowa.

ORIGINAL Nonconference Schedule:

Game 1. Nov 10 vs Southern (17-15 last season, 13-5 in the Southwestern Athletic Conference)

Game 2. Nov 13 vs NC Central (18-13, 13-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)

Game 3. Nov 16 or Nov 20 vs South Dakota (20-12, 10-6 Summit League)

Last edited:
Couldn't find it on my McAfee firewall setting on my computer, but that's ok, it's not the end of the world. Still appreciate your insight on Iowa Basketball. Go Hawks!!!
@Blair Sanderson or @TomKakert , with the site re-design, some people are having problems seeing content. Example: instead of the actual tweet, @IllQChawk is seeing a blank grey rectangle with no message or info inside. He said this is happening on his computer. How does he fix this?

Thanks.

Wish they would come out with the schedule and whether or not fans can be present. I'd sure like to be able to drive up and spend a day where they play!
I will be thrilled if I can just watch the games on TV, and I live 10 minutes from CHA!
the way things stand now, i would be surprised if anyone other than parents is allowed at games

Good job by Drake to be involved in the K-State MTE AND get 2 nonconference games in.

And look at Illinois & how that will get a couple nonconference games in

OCTOBER 6, 2020 UPDATE:

NOTE: The first three games OF THE ORIGINAL SCHEDULE constituted an exempt multi-team event (MTE) that Iowa was hosting. This home "tournament" was considered a classic; it was not a traditional tournament. Iowa, Southern, North Carolina Central and South Dakota were to all play each other. South Dakota was to host two games before playing at Iowa.

ORIGINAL Nonconference Schedule:

Game 1. Nov 10 vs Southern (17-15 last season, 13-5 in the Southwestern Athletic Conference)

Game 2. Nov 13 vs NC Central (18-13, 13-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)

Game 3. Nov 16 or Nov 20 vs South Dakota (20-12, 10-6 Summit League)

And, the Iowa State game is still on.

Last edited:
I like all the matchup in the graphic Fran has posted. Seems pretty balanced.
Iowa will play a 27 game schedule.

Does this sound about right?

20--conference games
2--hosting a multi team event (MTE)
1--Gonzaga
1--Iowa State
1--B1G/ACC Challenge (N Carolina or Louisville?)
1--Gavitt Games (Villanova or Creighton?)
1--To Be Announced (Duke??? @Hawksfor3 ) :cool:
27 total games

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Why the hell are we playing in South Dakota?
The pentagon in Sioux Falls has had a game like this the last few years. Iowa played Colorado a few years ago. Last year Oklahoma played Minnesota. I believe Iowa State and Wisconsin have played their as well. Also of note, the battle for Atlantis was moving there for this year not sure if that tournament is still on.
this is an awesome environment. When Iowa played in Sioux Falls a few years ago it was one of the best home court advantage we had all season. A lot of Iowa fans in NW Iowa. Sucks there likely won’t be fans.

Iowa will play a 27 game schedule.

Does this sound about right?

20--conference games
2--hosting a multi team event (MTE)
1--Gonzaga
1--Iowa State
1--B1G/ACC Challenge (N Carolina or Louisville?)
1--Gavitt Games (Villanova or Creighton?)
1--To Be Announced (Duke??? @Hawksfor3 ) :cool:
27 total games

1 small thing. Don’t know if it’s official or not but I’m pretty sure the Gavitt Games are dead for the upcoming season.

• Sad
Reactions: Franisdaman
It’s probably overkill to schedule another blue blood with the 20 game B1G, but I’d love to see Kentucky on a neutral floor.

2022 is an important class. Build recruiting momentum with high profile games.

Reactions: Sheahawk
1 small thing. Don’t know if it’s official or not but I’m pretty sure the Gavitt Games are dead for the upcoming season.

Interesting that you say that because in the CBS story they don't mention the Gavitt Games.

From the story:

Iowa's schedule is much less clear at this point. The Hawkeyes are expected to play a 20-game Big Ten slate,...a home game against a high-profile ACC opponent in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and the usual rivalry game against Iowa State.

Why the hell are we playing in South Dakota?

The Zags wanted to play on a neutral court. Iowa was fine with that.

From the CBS story:

Gonzaga was able to fill this opening on its slate because, just as it did with securing Baylor for a Dec. 5 game in Indianapolis, Iowa was both a desirable, high-quality opponent and a team that was willing and wanting to play the Zags on a neutral court.

The contracts for the game have not yet been signed, sources said, but that is expected to happen soon.

Both teams really want this game. For Gonzaga, the game will replace a scheduled matchup on the same date in Phoenix against Texas Tech. For Iowa, the game replaces its Dec. 22 scheduled matchup in Sioux Falls against Oregon State.

It remains to be seen if any fans will be allowed to attend.

The Sanford Pentagon is an attractive option in part because Sanford Health is a business partner with the basketball facilities and the rapid-response testing is promised to be as robust as any neutral-site event college basketball will have this regular season.

Reactions: Fran_Man
The Zags wanted to play on a neutral court. Iowa was fine with that.

From the CBS story:

Gonzaga was able to fill this opening on its slate because, just as it did with securing Baylor for a Dec. 5 game in Indianapolis, Iowa was both a desirable, high-quality opponent and a team that was willing and wanting to play the Zags on a neutral court.

The contracts for the game have not yet been signed, sources said, but that is expected to happen soon.

Both teams really want this game. For Gonzaga, the game will replace a scheduled matchup on the same date in Phoenix against Texas Tech. For Iowa, the game replaces its Dec. 22 scheduled matchup in Sioux Falls against Oregon State.

It remains to be seen if any fans will be allowed to attend.

The Sanford Pentagon is an attractive option in part because Sanford Health is a business partner with the basketball facilities and the rapid-response testing is promised to be as robust as any neutral-site event college basketball will have this regular season.

Cause the only neutral court in teh world is in South Dakota?

ADVERTISEMENT