ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule?

I am sure in the next day or two and then it will be wait and see if fans are allowed for another 3 weeks. Held hostage again! If College or the NFL doesn't have fans in the next couple of weeks we won't for the year.

There is no way all 14 teams will make it to 8 games in 8 weeks. No freaking way. Hell other schools are continuing to postpone games. Then what happens when you have 12 teams with 8 games completed and 2 teams with 7?

All conferences will end up pushing out. That's the deal. CFP may be an end of January deal.

At the end of the day, at least football is coming back for us. I agree, games will be postponed again, perhaps canceled altogether, or teams down perhaps 10+ players due to the 21 day quarantine, but some football is better than no football.
I previously considered this a lost season.

To make it easy for B10 schedulers, go ahead and pick two East games from the following: Rutgers, Maryland, and Michigan State. Provide benefits to the original three yes vote schools.

There is no way all 14 teams will make it to 8 games in 8 weeks. No freaking way. Hell other schools are continuing to postpone games. Then what happens when you have 12 teams with 8 games completed and 2 teams with 7?
I would venture to guess maybe a third to a half of all college football players have had it?

Iowa will get @Ohio State and @Penn State as it’s cross over games.

I agree PSU as teams will probably keep their protected cross over games then will add 1. However Big 10 will set up Ohio State with 2 weak West teams to help make it easier for them to get to the CFB playoffs. One being Nebraska their cross over opponent.

It’s almost like they should have started earlier.

Yeah funny how that works. Once it became evident they would return, presidents delayed to get a 10/24 start. They have set up a schedule with no margin for rescheduled games. If Iowa gets in 5 or 6 games, I would consider it a success.

Iowa will get @Ohio State and @Penn State as it’s cross over games.

Those crossover games have always been a brainfart. They create a situation
whereby the schedule can easily have more to do with determining the division
champ than the actual games among the division members. The crossover games
should not be included in the division standings.

It’s almost like they should have started earlier.

Yea... I mean that might have helped :oops:

Hopefully Iowa City avoids and more spikes.... Apparently if the community goes over 7.5 % positivity, then practice and games are stopped for at least 7 days.

Better believe some B1G towns will encourage healthy people to get tested... Drive down that rate! I'll get tested everyday to help! Haha

Yeah funny how that works. Once it became evident they would return, presidents delayed to get a 10/24 start. They have set up a schedule with no margin for rescheduled games. If Iowa gets in 5 or 6 games, I would consider it a success.

It's almost like the goal is to have games postponed too. So they can say "we told you that we should have waited until 2021"

We could see Michigan at the end. Not out of the realm of possibilities for a game 9, although I hope we are atop the west which would probably mean Ohio State.

Yea... I mean that might have helped :oops:

Hopefully Iowa City avoids and more spikes.... Apparently if the community goes over 7.5 % positivity, then practice and games are stopped for at least 7 days.

Better believe some B1G towns will encourage healthy people to get tested... Drive down that rate! I'll get tested everyday to help! Haha
Wrong. The team has to be > 5% and population > 7.5% on 7 day average to meet requirements for 7 day suspension of activities.

I suspect that the "team" is just the athletes and the "population" is the athletes + coaches + assistants + etc., etc., etc.....

Reactions: Doodads and Hoohah
I agree PSU as teams will probably keep their protected cross over games then will add 1. However Big 10 will set up Ohio State with 2 weak West teams to help make it easier for them to get to the CFB playoffs. One being Nebraska their cross over opponent.

At this point OSU will play whoever the BIG wants to put on their schedule, I'm hoping for Wisconsin and Iowa as the West crossovers, as playing weak teams will do them no good.

I honestly think it would be a benefit for Iowa to get the hardest games possible. We don’t make the playoffs being 8-0 by beating Rutgers and/or Maryland. We need Ohio State and Penn State and to beat them both. Not likely I know. But hey, it is 2020.

At this point OSU will play whoever the BIG wants to put on their schedule, I'm hoping for Wisconsin and Iowa as the West crossovers, as playing weak teams will do them no good.

Makes sense as a Buckeye fan. Assuming you win the East odds are you'd play one of the 2 since Iowa and Wisky most are predicting 1-2 with Wisconsin the favorite so that will help your resume. Curious if Big 10 scraps the cross overs this year or still sticks to 2 of the 3. I think as long as OSU gets 9 in they'll be fine as BIG 10 West is the 2nd toughest Division in football.

Agreed, with a limited number of games on the schedule, tOSU needs to play and beat the best the BiG has to offer, and in the west that would be Wisconsin and Iowa. Maybe Minnesota if they are at the same level as last season, but other then the QB I am not sure what they have returning. .

Makes sense as a Buckeye fan. Assuming you win the East odds are you'd play one of the 2 since Iowa and Wisky most are predicting 1-2 with Wisconsin the favorite so that will help your resume. Curious if Big 10 scraps the cross overs this year or still sticks to 2 of the 3. I think as long as OSU gets 9 in they'll be fine as BIG 10 West is the 2nd toughest Division in football.

I'm just happy we get to beat up on the Skunkweasels again! :)

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Agreed, with a limited number of games on the schedule, tOSU needs to play and beat the best the BiG has to offer, and in the west that would be Wisconsin and Iowa. Maybe Minnesota if they are at the same level as last season, but other then the QB I am not sure what they have returning. .
Now, before you fall over laughing...do you think Nebraska will be fired up, now that we can actually play games? They did a lot of talking about being ready to play anyone... anywhere, could they be a factor in the West?

Now, before you fall over laughing...do you think Nebraska will be fired up, now that we can actually play games? They did a lot of talking about being ready to play anyone... anywhere, could they be a factor in the West?

Let's just say, never underestimate the Cornholers ability for talking :)

Reactions: Buck2427
I don't think bowl games are cancelled...at least not all of them...yet...

But if we make it through the season with the Big Ten, Big 12, SEC & ACC...you have to think some bowls are going to try to play their games...

Reactions: boxcar41
ADVERTISEMENT