ADVERTISEMENT

Scheduling is not brain science .

Peckerboy

Team MVP
Aug 28, 2016
I am constantly amazed that there are questions about scheduling . It’s so simple that I have serious doubts about the capacity of those so called masterminds .

The Basics

There are 14 Teams in the Big Ten. There are 7 teams in each Division.

Play 5 Non-Conference Games
Play 6 Division Games

11 Games

Winner of Each Division plays for conference championship.

Ok I can hear it now, why only 11 games, why 5 non-conference? Because that is what it would take to determine a true division champion .

Ideally expand to 16 teams . Then yiu could have 7 Division Games and 4 Non-Conference.

The current add 2 in other division is stupid because it guarantees that there is never really a true division champion .

I am constantly amazed that there are questions about scheduling . It’s so simple that I have serious doubts about the capacity of those so called masterminds .

The Basics

Play 6 Division Games

11 Games

Ok I can hear it now, why only 11 games, why 5 non-conference? Because that is what it would take to determine a true division champion .

Ideally expand to 16 teams . Then yiu could have 7 Division Games and 4 Non-Conference.

The current add 2 in other division is stupid because it guarantees that there is never really a true division champion .

Your opinion on anything sports related isn’t worth a shit. Now, back to your bubble, boy.

I’d rather watch Iowa play Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State than a bunch of Mac and Sun Belt schools.

Reactions: QChawks
The same way you schedule 4 non conference games now you just add another
B1G only plays 3 non-conference games.

Ideally, you would have 4 16-team conferences with 2 divisions each. Each team plays 7 divisional games, 2 cross over games (rotating every 2 years) and 3 non-conference games (1 from each of the other conference). Division winners play for conference championship and conference champs make playoffs. The conference championships are essentially quarterfinal round.

OP must have a degree in rocket surgery to come up with that inane plan. How awesome would it be for Iowa to literally never play OSU, MI, PSU or MSU, but have 2 extra MAC opponents every year?

This is dumb, they're in different divisions, but it's the same conference. The Penn St. series is one of the best rivals we have in conference, with Iowa taking 8 of 9 between 2000 and 2010, but Penn St. turning around to beat us in the last 6. Why would we want to completely stop the series?

B1G only plays 3 non-conference games.

Ideally, you would have 4 16-team conferences with 2 divisions each. Each team plays 7 divisional games, 2 cross over games (rotating every 2 years) and 3 non-conference games (1 from each of the other conference). Division winners play for conference championship and conference champs make playoffs. The conference championships are essentially quarterfinal round.
Dislike. Iowa already plays the east teams too rarely. I'd rather the conference get smaller, not larger.

The Basics

Play 6 Division Games

11 Games

Derp

The Basics

Play 6 Division Games

11 Games

So why not stay as is and just use division record to determine division winner rather than overall big ten record.

ADVERTISEMENT