ADVERTISEMENT

Schitts Creek

pezhawk

HR Legend
Aug 28, 2001
Has a sitcom ever swept the Emmy's in which they did (best writing, directing, actor, supporting actor, actress, supporting actress and best comedy) in one year?

Reactions: TJ8869
I'm going to have to watch this. I assume it is on Netflix.
Yes, Netflix. I’m only about halfway through the first season but I’m enjoying it very much. If you liked Arrested Development then you’ll probably like Schitt’s Creek.

And Annie Murphy (Alexis Rose on the show) is hot as hell.

schittscreek-anniemurphy-1583356884.jpg

First 5 seasons are. Last season just finished in April so probably won’t be on there for a few months.
I just had an article pop up in my phone’s newsfeed (apparently Google is monitoring us in real time) informing me that according to Dan Levy, season 6 will be on Netflix sometime next month.

Reactions: lucas80
My wife loves the show. I watched the first couple of seasons, but then lost interest. I think part of it is that when you binge it, it gets to be a little much, particularly the "flamboyance" of the son.

• Haha
Reactions: LesClaypool
The flamboyance was tough for me for the first few episodes. His character really hits after 10 or so episodes and is funny as hell now

Reactions: cigaretteman
My wife loves the show. I watched the first couple of seasons, but then lost interest. I think part of it is that when you binge it, it gets to be a little much, particularly the "flamboyance" of the son.
I agree with this in regards to many shows. I've started numerous shows in a binge format and lost interest, mostly due with watching too many shows in a row. I did like SC but only got through about a season. Will definitely start it again but maybe only watch 1-2 shows a night.

Am I the only one who cannot stand Alexis’ character. She offers nothing to the show. I cringe when she talks

I kind of agree with you. More Stevie and less Alexis would have been better. Still loved the show, though.

Reactions: runkpanole
Am I the only one who cannot stand Alexis’ character. She offers nothing to the show. I cringe when she talks
To each their own. I think she’s hilarious. Also disagree that she doesn’t add anything to the show. She actually has a good character arc and grows up quite a bit over the course of the series. But I can see where some would tire of her.

Her audition for the play is gold.

But I also agree with more Stevie.

As David would say, "I don't understand what you are saying"?

Dear God I love this show. I don't get the opinion that the show started slow. It's solid right from the start. There are some good supporting roles for SCTV folks like Robin Duke and John Hemphill. O'Hara is brilliant. If I had to quibble there is no way Mutt is the son of Jocelyn. They needed a much younger looking actor to pull off Mutt being her son.
They are not likable people when you meet them, but you learn to love them, and they love each other in their dysfunctional way.

• Love
Dear God I love this show. I don't get the opinion that the show started slow. It's solid right from the start. There are some good supporting roles for SCTV folks like Robin Duke and John Hemphill. O'Hara is brilliant. If I had to quibble there is no way Mutt is the son of Jocelyn. They needed a much younger looking actor to pull off Mutt being her son.
They are not likable people when you meet them, but you learn to love them, and they love each other in their dysfunctional way.

And one who doesn't have black hair and beard when both of his parents are blonde!

I couldn't get past the first 3-4 episodes. It was awful. I'm assuming it got better but then again it had to.
Interested to hear what shows you find funny.

Right now I'm with Bulldog, but based on this thread I'm going to watch some more. I enjoy stupid humor, but SC hasn't set the hook yet.

FWIW, Brooklyn 99 is the funniest show I've ever seen.

Reactions: ThriceHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT