ADVERTISEMENT

School's out forever: Arizona moves "to kill public education" with new universal voucher law

LOL. Run for you local school board. The schools have always been accountable. What happened in Virginia wasn't about CRT. CRT isn't taught in the schools there. It was a wedge issue that Youngkin gladly used to activate highly emotional voters.

When you make the CRT definition so broad and amorphous, you can call anything CRT.

In Indiana, a one party rules state with a super majority for the last decade, pretty much anything promulgated by the department of education here has been suggested, vetted, and approved by Republicans and their appointees. Last year the crazies called employability soft skills (being polite, showing up on time, staying off your phone, working a full shift) CRT. It is nuts.

Last year the crazies called employability soft skills (being polite, showing up on time, staying off your phone, working a full shift) CRT. It is nuts.

Do you have a link for that? Not challenging your or saying you are wrong, I'm genuinely interested in reading that. In most cases, what you describe is exactly the opposite of CRT which teaches that things like that are examples of "whiteness."

Do you have a link for that? Not challenging your or saying you are wrong, I'm genuinely interested in reading that. In most cases, what you describe is exactly the opposite of CRT which teaches that things like that are examples of "whiteness."
We don’t record our school board meetings, so no. But I witnessed this multiple times last fall.

LOL. Run for you local school board. The schools have always been accountable. What happened in Virginia wasn't about CRT. CRT isn't taught in the schools there. It was a wedge issue that Youngkin gladly used to activate highly emotional voters.
Liar

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Outwardly pious Christians I've met are nearly universally mediocre meh people like just about every one else I've ever met, a difference being how they've managed to convince themselves (in our society which they dominate) that they are THEEEEE good hard working people of the world. The salt of the earth. For this arrogance, which they cannot comprehend as "arrogance"
since in their minds arrogance is limited to a notion of a godless Ivy League elite, I find their communal personality less endearing than basically just about any group of non Christians. Cue chest-thumping part where Christians love to point out how they have a link showing others donate less money or time to "causes" like ones Christians support (which are frequently ineffectual endeavors designed primarily for using the spiritual haranguing of poor people as a reduction of tax liability).

The cherry on top with these folks is this transparent falsely modest "we're all sinners" pretense as an excuse for singling out the specific sinners their favorite bigotries won't allow them to tolerate while always LOOKING THE OTHER WAY when it comes to their own biblical sins or the sins of people just like them (because they've already been forgiven in their minds even before they sin). Again, they think they're THEEEEE good people.

Can you imagine the nerve, arrogance, and lack of consideration it takes when one of these chodes actually thinks they're saying something good/nice by going out of their way to tell a non believer that they'll pray for them? Best case scenario, they think they've just committed to a good deed instead of realizing they're being a passive aggressive insulting dickhead. Unfortunately, most of the time when they do that, it is specifically to be a passive aggressive insulting dickhead which they KNOW is okay for THEM to be (as much as their secular conscience can stand) since all their mortal sins have already been forgiven by skydaddy. No one would think a nonbeliever was being nice to them by responding with something snarky like "Thanks and I'll also do nothing for you" but the arrogance of bystanding believers will allow them to excuse the first guy and accuse the nonbeliever of being immature and insulting to the believer.

At least that's how they behave in nominally secular public school environments pre vouchers, maybe they chill out a bit after vouchers and don't instead feel empowered to carry out pogroms.

Republicans didnt have to do sh^t to erode Public Schools they have done it on their own.
If you think schools that are deliberately underfunded are failing "on their own" I guess you are right.

We as a society decided that public education was something we wanted to do. So we did. And since then, Rs have tried to subvert public schooling in multiple ways - by underfunding, by siphoning off funds for vouchers, by providing textbooks with bad science and bad history, by insinuating religion and superstition into the educational process, and more.

Outwardly pious Christians I've met are nearly universally mediocre meh people like just about every one else I've ever met, a difference being how they've managed to convince themselves (in our society which they dominate) that they are THEEEEE good hard working people of the world. The salt of the earth. For this arrogance, which they cannot comprehend as "arrogance"
since in their minds arrogance is limited to a notion of a godless Ivy League elite, I find their communal personality less endearing than basically just about any group of non Christians. Cue chest-thumping part where Christians love to point out how they have a link showing others donate less money or time to "causes" like ones Christians support (which are frequently ineffectual endeavors designed primarily for using the spiritual haranguing of poor people as a reduction of tax liability).

The cherry on top with these folks is this transparent falsely modest "we're all sinners" pretense as an excuse for singling out the specific sinners their favorite bigotries won't allow them to tolerate while always LOOKING THE OTHER WAY when it comes to their own biblical sins or the sins of people just like them (because they've already been forgiven in their minds even before they sin). Again, they think they're THEEEEE good people.

Can you imagine the nerve, arrogance, and lack of consideration it takes when one of these chodes actually thinks they're saying something good/nice by going out of their way to tell a non believer that they'll pray for them? Best case scenario, they think they've just committed to a good deed instead of realizing they're being a passive aggressive insulting dickhead. Unfortunately, most of the time when they do that, it is specifically to be a passive aggressive insulting dickhead which they KNOW is okay for THEM to be (as much as their secular conscience can stand) since all their mortal sins have already been forgiven by skydaddy. No one would think a nonbeliever was being nice to them by responding with something snarky like "Thanks and I'll also do nothing for you" but the arrogance of bystanding believers will allow them to excuse the first guy and accuse the nonbeliever of being immature and insulting to the believer.

At least that's how they behave in nominally secular public school environments pre vouchers, maybe they chill out a bit after vouchers and don't instead feel empowered to carry out pogroms.
bro you channeling @naturalmwa today? :)

It sounds like there are people that can afford it, and others who could benefit from the law.
In large part, I don't think this law is necessary.
As you can tell from my other posts, I'm not a fan of what my family has had to deal with regarding a public school. The crap we've dealt with usually makes people say, WTF.
Examples? Or just going to lie?

Public school is what you make of it. 3 boys that graduated from a suburban Kansas high school. All 3 took AP classes, played sports, went into college with multiple credit hours. There’s achievers and underachievers everywhere. It’s kind of like life in general. If some of you want to send your kids to the small Christian schools go ahead. But pay for it out of your own pocket. There’s no such thing as CRT being taught in public schools. Another scare tactic as usual by the Republicans to run on. It’s all you do.

It is important to understand that today’s GOP understands the game is all about “ power”...They would prefer to rule via the designed democracy but they are willing to “trash” the current system in order to stay in power. By attacking and questioning the institutions of democracy (and public education is certainly one of these institutions) the GOP is fulfilling its goal of remaining in power.

It is important to understand that today’s GOP understands the game is all about “ power”...They would prefer to rule via the designed democracy but they are willing to “trash” the current system in order to stay in power. By attacking and questioning the institutions of democracy (and public education is certainly one of these institutions) the GOP is fulfilling its goal of remaining in power.
This is kind of funny coming from people who think democracy will come to an end if everybody doesn't vote like they do.

This is kind of funny coming from people who think democracy will come to an end if everybody doesn't vote like they do.
Because you’re not a deep thinker. One side is telling us they want White Christian Fascism- just listen to one of your spokespersons, MTG. She tells us this straight out now. Millions of your side of the aisle agree. Our freedoms are literally being attacked. You guys cry over wearing a mask to try to save lives. Good God.

Because you’re not a deep thinker. One side is telling us they want White Christian Fascism- just listen to one of your spokespersons, MTG. She tells us this straight out now. Millions of your side of the aisle agree. Our freedoms are literally being attacked. You guys cry over wearing a mask to try to save lives. Good God.
I was calling for a mask mandate but if you want to lump every single person in to a little box in your head, I can't stop you. Hey, everyone is less intelligent than you right? That's your argument in every thread.

ADVERTISEMENT