ADVERTISEMENT

Schumer blocks school safety bill

You are wrong nearly all the time I've noticed. SAD
Lol @Moral turned me on to the idea awhile ago. Today it was confirmed by one of your threads. Take a guess which one.

You and fbnbb share an iq score as well as affection for a certain sport. Too big of a coincidence.

Reactions: Moral
Lol @Moral turned me on to the idea awhile ago. Today it was confirmed by one of your threads. Take a guess which one.

You and fbnbb share an iq score as well as affection for a certain sport. Too big of a coincidence.

I still like the theory. I had Brian sniffed out on his last handle way before he made it clear.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Ok, how's this?

Schumer is an idiot.

Now, why won't Republicans even discuss any gun control laws? Licensing? Registration? Universal background checks? Required training?

None of those would impact 2A, none of them would ban a single type of gun or accessory, all have been included in discussions regarding gun control (and with the training it wasn't even universal requirement) yet none of them get off the cutting room floor with the GOP.

Ok, how's this?

Schumer is an idiot.

Now, why won't Republicans even discuss any gun control laws? Licensing? Registration? Universal background checks? Required training?

None of those would impact 2A, none of them would ban a single type of gun or accessory, all have been included in discussions regarding gun control (and with the training it wasn't even universal requirement) yet none of them get off the cutting room floor with the GOP.
They should debate it, no argument from me

No this is standard playbook for HROT liberals. When your side looks bad all you do is deflect, blame others, or resort to personal attacks. That’s your MO. Only one person so far has addressed the subject at hand
To be fair, our side has less experience defending the undefendable. You guys are pros at it.

Reactions: joelbc1 and DFSNOLE
I will have to look into it more, but I do not trust bills that pop up this quickly after a tragedy. I also don't trust bills with shiny names.
Can we say that this bill popped up 23 years after the Columbine tragedy? How about 10 years after Sandy Hook? Is that enough time?

2 things stick out about this decision

The Dems need some new blood which is more adept at playing politics, Schumer is just not good at it and puts his party in poor positions

The Republicans and the push for unnecessary federal government programs is worrisome of ever having a "limited" government party

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Paris
“If Republicans can vote with us to get on that bill, we can have a debate on considering common-sense, strong gun safety amendments, hopefully with bipartisan support,” he said. “Let me be clear: we are going to vote on gun legislation, and the Republicans could let us start doing that as soon as tomorrow, if they simply voted yes on the motion to proceed.”

Senate Republicans have already said they will block the bill, which they characterize as an overreach of federal authority.
So faux outrage by RN. Never big picture with these people.

So faux outrage by RN. Never big picture with these people.
so this stand alone bill introduced by Republicans won't do anything to help with school safety? The past few days all I have heard is that the Republicans don't do anything, but when they do it is the democrats who block it. Oh the irony. Why is Schumer putting politics above the safety of school children?

Have one door… and have that one door, armed police officers at that door. If that had happened..
What a dumbass.

“Let me show ya something!”

b402e04fd68061b7f61a7abf64d13b06.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chishawk1425
The bill is not dead-

Schumer pledged to allow gun violence-related amendments on the domestic terrorism bill after he objected to a request by Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) for unanimous consent to advance a proposal to “harden” schools from potential attack.
To be fair to Ron Johnson, there is a lot of money to be made by contractors in hardening schools from potential attack, and many of them do or would give him a slice of that money.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Not sure why Chuck doesn't play the game. This bill would get nowhere and he could say he gave it a try and the other side wouldn't come together on a comprehensive bill... just wanted to militarize schools. Both parties are stupid. Changes here benefit us all. Those who want a rifle/shotgun could still have them, just not have big ammo clips. They could make changes to raise the age and make it harder for people to get them and keep them if they have violence or mental issues, etc. I just don't get not doing anything.

No this is standard playbook for HROT liberals. When your side looks bad all you do is deflect, blame others, or resort to personal attacks. That’s your MO. Only one person so far has addressed the subject at hand
Gun violence is just one problem, among several, that is far worse in the US than in other developed nations. We're not feeling around in the dark here; there are many other countries that have successfully prevented and/or solved problems like this, and we could model our solutions after theirs. But in each case, it's the Republicans who are convinced either that nothing can be done, or that failing to bow to the wishes of our corporate overlords will destroy our freedoms. There are also enough Democrats in bed with corporate interests that real solutions are unlikely, and the Citizens United decision (brought to you by...) makes it increasingly so.

Reactions: JWolf74 and Moral
Gun violence is just one problem, among several, that is far worse in the US than in other developed nations. We're not feeling around in the dark here; there are many other countries that have successfully prevented and/or solved problems like this, and we could model our solutions after theirs. But in each case, it's the Republicans who are convinced either that nothing can be done, or that failing to bow to the wishes of our corporate overlords will destroy our freedoms. There are also enough Democrats in bed with corporate interests that real solutions are unlikely, and the Citizens United decision (brought to you by...) makes it increasingly so.
This hits the nail on the head. This here is why both sides will get nothing done. Now, I put more blame on Rs because most will say there's nothing you can do... it's just crazy people or let's pour gas on the fire by adding more guns. That said, Ds have enough who are in bed with the special interests or want to protect their position/power so won't take action for fear of losing an election in a conservative area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT