ADVERTISEMENT

Schumer to Clinton: "Don't blame Russia or Comey...

Blame yourself."

A lot of truth to that statement despite never explicitly saying Hillary's name.

Slate.com

And yet, you were the one saying Hillary would have been the better POTUS? She sounds just like the Donald. Blaming everyone but herself for her troubles.

#****TrumpAndClinton

he knows Russia is a nothingburger

serveimage

And yet, you were the one saying Hillary would have been the better POTUS? She sounds just like the Donald. Blaming everyone but herself for her troubles.

#****TrumpAndClinton

Yes, she would still have been a better POTUS than Donald Trump. You or I would be a better POTUS than Donald Trump though so that's not really saying much.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell

#****TrumpAndClinton

Yes, she would still have been a better POTUS than Donald Trump. You or I would be a better POTUS than Donald Trump though so that's not really saying much.
That's debatable. Either way, the choices were Bevis and Butthead.

Reactions: Nat Algren
Don't be misled by the thread title - Russia and Trump collusion will only become more apparent in the future. But the Dems cannot just remain complacent and think that because Trump is a traitor and disaster, that will automatically help the Dems. The Dems have to stand for something and run better campaigns than the Clinton disaster.

Chuck has to be frustrated. Sometimes he forgets and spouts what he really thinks instead of the talking points.

Don't be misled by the thread title - Russia and Trump collusion will only become more apparent in the future. But the Dems cannot just remain complacent and think that because Trump is a traitor and disaster, that will automatically help the Dems. The Dems have to stand for something and run better campaigns than the Clinton disaster.

That means they will have to run a better candidate then Clinton. Outside of the the left, she wasn't really well liked by moderates and swing voters.

Here's the thing, both things can be true. Hillary can be a terrible candidate and Trump can collude with Russia simultaneously.
That's true. But, Trump supporters will opt for the former, ignore the latter, and feel fully justified as a result.

Reactions: IACub

#****TrumpAndClinton

She's playing the blame game for her loss. However, that means nothing with respect to her ability to govern effectively.

She still would have been a far better president than Trump.

Did you never learn the word Than? Serious question.

I've explained this before but honestly my mind does not work like that and I don't know why. I write essentially like I speak and I pronounce then and than the same. It does not come naturally to me at all.

This isn't formal writing so I don't spend a lot of time cross checking it.

I understand that then is a comparison of time and than is a comparison of nouns or something like that. I have similar problems with Where/were

Reactions: naturalmwa
Chuck Schumer knows that there is a vacuum of
leadership in the Democrat party at the present time.
He is trying to politely push Hillary off the stage as
she babbles on about her loss last November.

There needs to be a new and fresh voice that now
speaks for the Democrats. They are still looking
for that voice and hoping the public will listen.

That means they will have to run a better candidate then Clinton. Outside of the the left, she wasn't really well liked by moderates and swing voters.
Minor correction, Hill was the candidate of the moderates. She was not well liked by the left.

If she were potus we would be in 6 different wars right now and she wouldn't answer the damn phone to help the troops she put in harms way.

Minor correction, Hill was the candidate of the moderates. She was not well liked by the left.

Nat - stop trying to push HRC off on others. She was the the Democrats nomination and even after blackballing Bernie out she still couldn't win. If I recall on the ballot it said Hillary Rodham Clinton - Democrat and Donald Juge Trump - Republican. Nowhere did it say "moderate" on either.

If she were potus we would be in 6 different wars right now and she wouldn't answer the damn phone to help the troops she put in harms way.

Nat - stop trying to push HRC off on others. She was the the Democrats nomination and even after blackballing Bernie out she still couldn't win. If I recall on the ballot it said Hillary Rodham Clinton - Democrat and Donald Juge Trump - Republican. Nowhere did it say "moderate" on either.
Ds are a moderate party. The moderates sided with Hill over Bernie. Moderates out number the left in the D party which is why she got the most votes and why she won the primary. Bernie was the candidate of the left.

Ds are a moderate party. The moderates sided with Hill over Bernie. Moderates out number the left in the D party which is why she got the most votes and why she won the primary. Bernie was the candidate of the left.
Of the "Left" or the "far left" damn, can't keep all these party defections straight! Left, left moderate, alt-left, lefter then left, not as left as yesterday left, not our lefty, not left enough for me but for some...

Of the "Left" or the "far left" damn, can't keep all these party defections straight! Left, left moderate, alt-left, lefter then left, not as left as yesterday left, not our lefty, not left enough for me but for some...
Keep trying, it's not very difficult.

Chuck is right. Dems need to focus on other things.
Trump needs to stop going nuts on Twitter about the election, and Hillary. He was at it again this morning.

Hillary ran a poor campaign. She was not out on the road nearly enough. Russia intervened but she could have over come it had she run a much better campaign. She and the Dems could have competed for the blue collar vote which should not have gone the direction of Trump.
However now the bigger issue is that Liberals need a tangible message. Not just that Trump is a buffoon and he must go. The Dems should be working on a better HCare plan- one that they could pose against the Ryan dogshit bill.

The Dems should be pushing for the infrastructure bill They need to also focus on corporate and business tax reform. Get a message out that has some meaning and a plan. Right now the brand of the left is whining and crying and I don't think that will win the day in 2018.

She's playing the blame game for her loss. However, that means nothing with respect to her ability to govern effectively.

She still would have been a far better president than Trump.

She would have more experience in the Washington ways, yes. And that would equate to knowing the procedures. Doesn't mean her agenda would be any better for the other half of America.

Are you sure that it's just moderates vs. leftists?? There is a lot more to it.

First of all HRC was always a committed Democrat. Bernie is just a leftist who most often votes with Democrats. A lot of people didn't like him because he wasn't a part of the party officially.

Then I think HRC had more name recognition.

Plus I think there was a general feeling among the Dems that it was "her turn"

Then there was a lot of people who wanted her because they wanted to get a woman into the oval office.

I don't think it's quite that simple.

On top of that you are talking about leftist thought on economics only.

Keep trying, it's not very difficult.
you all keep moving and renaming, it must be easier for you when on meds to keep track.

Keep up the great work - your party (or parties) is on fire!
"A Better Deal: Better Skills, Better Jobs, Better Wages"

I agree you're disagreeable.

Do you honestly believe Clinton wouldn't be a friend to the wealthy? Her Wall Street speeches she wanted no part of releasing the transcripts? She is in bed with Big money like every other Politician that's been around for any significant period of time.

You're wishing upon a star and getting crapped on.

Talk about disagreeable.

Reactions: volknut
Schumer is just now coming to this conclusion?

In Hillary's first public event after the loss (several months later) she "accepted responsibility" for he loss and then in her next few sentences blamed it on Comey and the Russians.

THAT was the time to say something,

Do you honestly believe Clinton wouldn't be a friend to the wealthy? Her Wall Street speeches she wanted no part of releasing the transcripts? She is in bed with Big money like every other Politician that's been around for any significant period of time.

You're wishing upon a star and getting crapped on.

Talk about disagreeable.
Take a chill pill, kemosabe.

Of course, Wall Street is joined at the hip with her.

My whole point is that she would understand what it takes to govern and would be more effective in working with the other side -- if they wanted to.

Trump has all the cards and still can't do anything. That says about all you need to know about his ability to play well with others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT