ADVERTISEMENT

Scientific Mask Study: "Masks mitigate the virus transmission by an order of magnitude -- 10 times less"

You are wasting your time. Whether or not you or @joesplace are right, @joesplace will never consider any amount of new evidence that will make him wrong.

He's entrenched in large droplets being the primary source of infection, and cites fomites as the alternative, usually ignoring aerosols.

While wearing a mask certainly helps against large droplets, to dismiss aerosols is stupid given the amount of spread. Check the story yesterday from the Costco in Yakima WA.

The US is so politically invested in wearing masks that studies in the US will be slanted that way. Studies require funding, right?

@joesplace says science evolves when it suits him, and ignores evolving science when it doesn't agree with his entrenched position. He requires peer reviewed studies until he doesn't.

I wear a mask. I believe it offers some level of protection, for me and others. I don't believe it's nearly as effective as we are told, but some protection is beneficial.

I encourage you to post facts, and don't get sucked into the name calling and derision towards riley and Joe. That only makes them defensive and less open to considering new science.
So, in short, masks work and people should wear them. I agree.

“It’s either N95....OR YOU DONT HAVE PROTECTION.”
Lol - you've been corrected on this before.

Osterholm: Stop mischaracterizing my comments about face masks
The leading epidemiologist has cleared the air over his previous comments on mask wearing.

He wrote:
"At the outset, I want to make several points crystal clear:
  • I support the wearing of cloth face coverings (masks) by the general public.
  • Stop citing CIDRAP and me as grounds to not wear masks, whether mandated or not.
  • Don't, however, use the wearing of cloth face coverings as an excuse to decrease other crucial, likely more effective, protective steps, like physical distancing
  • Also, don't use poorly conducted studies to support a contention that wearing cloth face coverings will drive the pandemic into the ground. But even if they reduce infection risk somewhat, wearing them can be important."
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...ischaracterizing-my-comments-about-face-masks

Reactions: Joes Place
Again: you don't need "RCTs" for every study.
There are no RCTs for seatbelts and airbags ,bro. Look it up.
You've been dominated. No more seatbelt arguments. Your argument is done. I pounded my girl and had a great NYE. Thanks though!

You need to give as much weight to the last two bullet points as the first two bullet points. That's where you keep getting resistance. Masks aren't a magic bullet.
Certainly. They don't replace distancing, they aren't perfect but they work. That's been the point all along.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that you went to all the effort to find these snippets and they simply don't. You failed again. BWAAAHAHAHAHA. Thanks for a great laugh to start off the new year.
You've been dominated. I already made this previously so no skin off my balls. The data is there, time to shut up with your stupidity.

You've been dominated. I already made this previously so no skin off my balls. The data is there, time to shut up with your stupidity.
GFY - you've been outed as an ignorant hack. You can use the Trump tactic of stating you won when you didn't - it's fitting. The emotional maturity of a middle school girl. Lol at you.

You are wasting your time. Whether or not you or @joesplace are right, @joesplace will never consider any amount of new evidence that will make him wrong.

He's entrenched in large droplets being the primary source of infection, and cites fomites as the alternative, usually ignoring aerosols.

While wearing a mask certainly helps against large droplets, to dismiss aerosols is stupid given the amount of spread. Check the story yesterday from the Costco in Yakima WA.

The US is so politically invested in wearing masks that studies in the US will be slanted that way. Studies require funding, right?

@joesplace says science evolves when it suits him, and ignores evolving science when it doesn't agree with his entrenched position. He requires peer reviewed studies until he doesn't.

I wear a mask. I believe it offers some level of protection, for me and others. I don't believe it's nearly as effective as we are told, but some protection is beneficial.

I encourage you to post facts, and don't get sucked into the name calling and derision towards riley and Joe. That only makes them defensive and less open to considering new science.
I love calling them names because it suits them for how they've treated me in the past. But you are right they are slanted only to what they see. I provided a crap ton of science and they still sit there talking about droplets and giving analogies of stupidity claiming victory. Deep down they know in their smelly basements they don't have a leg to stand on.

GFY - you've been outed as an ignorant hack. You can use the Trump tactic of stating you won when you didn't - it's fitting. The emotional maturity of a middle school girl. Lol at you.
lol if that makes you feel better! It's obvious the arguments I provided and science provided outweigh any of the BS you and Joe put out there, so yeah you've been dominated. Go back to bed sweetie pie.

I love calling them names because it suits them for how they've treated me in the past. But you are right they are slanted only to what they see. I provided a crap ton of science and they still sit there talking about droplets and giving analogies of stupidity claiming victory. Deep down they know in their smelly basements they don't have a leg to stand on.
Yes - and even your science concludes wearing masks is a good idea. Complete self owns because you're too ignorant to understand anything beyond a headline. It's been fun watching you flail and beat your chest and go all internet macho in your hissy fits. Very entertaining.

Lol - I'll bet "she" wore it all over. Hopefully you remembered to wash "her" out and disinfect the crevices.
Don't be jealous you don't have a kinky ass hot lady in your bed with you. You can laugh it off as it's a play doll, but you know that to not be true :) Your balls must still be full. I feel bad for you.

Yes - and even your science concludes wearing masks is a good idea. Complete self owns because your too ignorant to understand anything beyond a headline. It's been fun watching you flail and beat your chest and go all internet macho in your hissy fits. Very entertaining.
No, it actually doesn't so clearly you're an idiot. Been fun watching you getting dominated

No, it actually doesn't so clearly you're an idiot. Been fun watching you getting dominated
Lol - you're just like Trump. "I won in a landslide!". "I dominated!". No one buys it, but your emotional immaturity won't let you say anything different. Coupled with your internet macho man claims demonstrate that you are a very insecure person. If you weren't such a stupid dick, I would feel sorry for you.

U mean over the course of 20 years, the legislature figured out they WERE effective?

#Science!!!
So legislatures are smart now? Doing something...ANYTHING, to make it look like you’re trying. In their defense, plexiglass is every bit as effective in stopping a virus as masks are...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT