ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Flop is a Frost!

I thought for sure Flop was a homerun hire! Hell, I said as much before he even coached a game.

No way did I ever think that Scott Flop would end up being a Frost.

You just never know in sports I guess.

I'll be honest, I thought Frost would bring Nebraska back to at least where Polini had them. Not that Nebraska can't get better under Frost, but I have yet to see any significant improvement from Frost's first year till now. Think about it, Ferentz took Iowa to the Alamo Bowl in his third year and won it. And Hayden had left the cupboard pretty bare. Frost is going to have another losing season in year three.

It's certainly possible Frosty the Closet Man will be the Jim Harbaugh of the West.

I thought for sure Flop was a homerun hire! Hell, I said as much before he even coached a game.

No way did I ever think that Scott Flop would end up being a Frost.

You just never know in sports I guess.
I said in another thread that when Flop loses to Purdue next week, he’ll be the second fastest to 20 losses in Nebber football coaching history (Bill Jennings lost number 20 in his 26th game). The only question will be whether or not they keep him around in Lincoln for two more years so he can try and eclipse Bill Glassford’s school record of 35 losses? Just so they can have a native son hold that honor?

I said in another thread that when Flop loses to Purdue next week, he’ll be the second fastest to 20 losses in Nebber football coaching history (Bill Jennings lost number 20 in his 26th game). The only question will be whether or not they keep him around in Lincoln for two more years so he can try and eclipse Bill Glassford’s school record of 35 losses? Just so they can have a native son hold that honor?
Spiderland, you’re my witness & have been there since the beginning.

You can vouch that I called Scott Flop a Frost before it was the “cool” thing to do.

Am I right??

Interestingly, during Flop's tenure at Nolledge U, Iowa has the most conference wins of any West Division team (15) and the Fuskers have the least (7). And based on what we saw last week, Illinois is significantly better than UNL.
It would not be out of line to suggest we might want to evaluate where Nebraska is as a program.

I’m by no means a brainiac on Frost, but it was my opinion back then that Frost should have taken the FSU opening. Why?
One, then and now he’s an inexperienced D1 head coach. I Also think he’s immature as a head coach.

Two, he relies on top quality players who can play Immediately and there’s a ton of talent in Fla. Or said another way, he hasn’t demonstrated an ability to “coach up” players.

Who will be the scapegoat this year?

Since day one I've been saying Duvall will not last in Lincoln.
I think the escape goat will the coordinators. Of course Fraud will show anyone under the bus and keep collecting cheques.

But they’re young and the young kids are really talented but just young. When they aren’t young anymore they’ll be better and not young. Young kids aren’t good right now while they’re young so that’s the problem. Young.

But they’re young and the young kids are really talented but just young. When they aren’t young anymore they’ll be better and not young. Young kids aren’t good right now while they’re young so that’s the problem. Young.

Wow. That sounds like Kilroy rationalization. So and so is only a RSSO, three O Line starters are just RSJRs in their first year starting, etc.
Where did that loser go?

Watching his press conference. Watch when he turns his head and down to the side, he guts his chew spit. Can't take it out for a press conference?
Terrible look, and it reinforces what a lot of outside people think about Nebraska.

The day Little Debbie State hired Scott Frost I was on here saying how happy I was that they hired Frost and did not hire Brett Bielema. Bielema would have been a better fit for the Big ten then Frost.

Agree. While I am not a fan of Bielema, he is in a different league from Frost as a coach. Frost is in completely over his head. I doubt he would be a good HS coach.

Is he worried they will get played, or praying for no more losses this year? Nebraska vs Michigan as a makeup game. Loser fired on the spot?

LankyUnsteadyAfricanjacana-small.gif

The day Little Debbie State hired Scott Frost I was on here saying how happy I was that they hired Frost and did not hire Brett Bielema. Bielema would have been a better fit for the Big ten then Frost.

Bret understands how to win in the Big Ten. Develop the line of scrimmage first, both sides and go from there.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
ADVERTISEMENT