ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost admits he was lying about the puking

If Frost weren't the golden son/former player he would have got rid of him. But put the things in place so that Nebraska will save significant $$ if he moves on from Frost this year. Forced him to turn over his staff and accept the much smaller buyout.

There are coaches, and probably good ones, who would take that job. It's not as good a job as most Nebraska fans think it is, but it's a good job for the right coach. But Frost is just plain and simply the least big-picture thinking, least self-aware person I have ever seen as a head coach of a P5 team. Absolutely no idea of how his words and actions have an impact on his team and the people he's trying to lead. His first thought is to convince people that he has his team working so hard they are throwing up constantly. An obviously idiotic statement for a head coach to make. He appears to have the emotional maturity of a 5th grader.

They have enough talent that they could probably go to a bowl and contend in the West if he just literally didn't do anything. Let Whipple coach the offense, Chinander coach the defense and just let the analytics people tell him the in-game decisions on his headset.
In the past I would have agreed with you...that the Nebraska head coaching position is a “good job for the right person”. However, due to many reasons, including: unrealistic fan expectations, low state population (contributing to future stagnant recruiting), and facilities no better than most other Big 10 schools, I don’t think coaching candidates will be lining up for that job.

If Frost weren't the golden son/former player he would have got rid of him. But put the things in place so that Nebraska will save significant $$ if he moves on from Frost this year. Forced him to turn over his staff and accept the much smaller buyout.

There are coaches, and probably good ones, who would take that job. It's not as good a job as most Nebraska fans think it is, but it's a good job for the right coach. But Frost is just plain and simply the least big-picture thinking, least self-aware person I have ever seen as a head coach of a P5 team. Absolutely no idea of how his words and actions have an impact on his team and the people he's trying to lead. His first thought is to convince people that he has his team working so hard they are throwing up constantly. An obviously idiotic statement for a head coach to make. He appears to have the emotional maturity of a 5th grader.

They have enough talent that they could probably go to a bowl and contend in the West if he just literally didn't do anything. Let Whipple coach the offense, Chinander coach the defense and just let the analytics people tell him the in-game decisions on his headset.

I would not expect a well-seasoned coach with a solid rep to take that job. The problem is that 8-9 wins is not enough to keep your job. Even after 2 decades of mediocrity, they're still in full-on "we're Nebraska...less than a NC is a failure" mode. In today's world, that's an unrealistic expectation. They might be able to make that hire if they pay an obscene amount of money with a crazy buy out. In that sense, the new media contract might bail them out....I expect them to pump a huge percentage of that money into a coach. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see their next coach be the highest paid coach in the country if they can convince a top name to take the job.

It's a great job for a up-and-comer who legitimately is a good coach. Despite all our bashing of the state of that program, the 'N' does (for reasons I can't fathom) bring in some pretty good recruits. Take the top 25 recruiting classes and a coach who can instill a winning culture and bring an understanding of what it takes to win consistently in the B1G and they should be able to achieve Wisconsin level success. Whether or not that would appease them is certainly up for debate. But for the candidate, it's clearly not hard to recruit there and while 8-9 wins might get you fired there, it is still pretty solid on a resume when you consider where they've been for 20 years.

The issue is that they think they're too big, too important, to hire an up-and-comer. They're all looking at home-run candidates that are the top tier of active coaches and they think that's what they need, deserve and should get. They need to get away from the name, the splashy hire that makes everyone gasp and just hire a good coach. But again, their heads are just too big for that. They really need to acknowledge that they're just another B1G team fighting for W's in a very tough league and make decisions accordingly. They really are a sleeping giant if they could just get out of their own way.

Reactions: IAGuy and Ronman
Bring Frost in as OC now.

Give BF a press box job complete with a new pair of binoculars.

There was lots of puking in the stands at Kinnick last Saturday. People sick of this offensive juggernaut‘s stench

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT