Scott Walker and Republicans have lost their way

wildcatdad

HR Legend
Dec 17, 2001
Get back to Republican Roots

206d460ae65396bd9fab22786d6a3e88.jpg

Reactions: blhawk
Originally posted by hawkbleeder:
Is this where I post something about JFK being for lower taxes and asking Democrats to get back to their roots?
BHO lowered taxes several times. I dare Rs to endorce JFK policies or even Ike's.

Reactions: Rudolph
Originally posted by naturalmwa:

Is this where I post something about JFK being for lower taxes and asking Democrats to get back to their roots?
BHO lowered taxes several times. I dare Rs to endorce JFK policies or even Ike's.
Really ??? Link?

Scott Walker has been protecting us from the bad guys he bragged about at CPAC meeting.

homeland_security_437535.jpg

This post was edited on 2/26 6:37 PM by wildcatdad

Originally posted by Speedway1:

Really ??? Link?
Do you refuse to use Google because you think its a liberal plot? I swear if you were a little more curious, you might find you're really a liberal too. BHO signed off on a tax cut at part of the stimulus package in 2009 and a payroll tax cut in 2011 among others.

tumblr_lxr0yrTYHZ1ql5yr7o1_r2_400.gif

Reactions: BioHawk and Rudolph
Originally posted by wildcatdad:

No, it sounds/looks like Walker/Republicans/the people/voters have found their way. Answer this question. Why is Walker so popular? Why is he supported by so many citizens?
Of course Republicans are for unions......but not unions that are out of control with their wages, political/monetary support of Democrats only, too heavy into the partison politics. Back in Teddy's day the unions needed support and they got it from Republican, but now not as much because unions become too powerful...too one party.......too expensive for our economy......too greedy....... and the people are tired of their bullying behavior. Their own behavior has gotten them in trouble, so don't blame Republicans.

Trade-Union1.jpg

This post was edited on 2/26 9:28 PM by sijoint

Originally posted by sijoint:

No, it sounds/looks like Walker/Republicans/the people/voters have found their way. Answer this question.
Why is Walker so popular? Why is he supported by so many citizens?
I'm hoping it's because they don't know him very well yet. He's one messianic little Nepolian.

No, it sounds/looks like Walker/Republicans/the people/voters have found their way. Answer this question.
Why is Walker so popular? Why is he supported by so many citizens?
I'm hoping it's because they don't know him very well yet. He's one messianic little Nepolian.

sticks-and-stones.jpg

It's Napoleon
smile.r191677.gif

images

This post was edited on 2/26 10:24 PM by sijoint

It's Napoleon
smile.r191677.gif
This post was edited on 2/26 10:24 PM by sijoint
I got nothing, I'm just going to blame spell check auto correct. It's my only refuge.

It's Napoleon
smile.r191677.gif
I got nothing, I'm just going to blame spell check auto correct. It's my only refuge.
_________

If you have the opportunity......please return the favor! I like your attitude.

This post was edited on 2/26 11:03 PM by sijoint

BHO signed off on a tax cut at part of the stimulus package in 2009 and a payroll tax cut in 2011 among others.
He also authored the largest tax increase in American history. You know, his signature piece of legislation. Obamacare.

His legacy.

I for one am hoping Walker runs. I DO NOT want any more Bush's or Clinton's. And unlike Obama , Walker actually has run something.

Teddy, Lincoln, Eisenhower are all better represented by today's D party. Rs run from their history while Ds correct theirs.
Again you are totally wrong. The POTUS's you listed would certainly be centrist republicans but they would still be well with in the ranks of Republican thought. However your party has moved so very far to the left it would be unrecognizably to Dems of 50 years ago.

If Teddy saw what unions look like today, he'd probably have a change of heart. A lot has changed since he said that.

Originally posted by flynnhicks03:
If Teddy saw what unions look like today, he'd probably have a change of heart. A lot has changed since he said that.
I really wish we had a leader like Teddy today to take care of this oligarchy.

Originally posted by 22*43*51:

BHO signed off on a tax cut at part of the stimulus package in 2009 and a payroll tax cut in 2011 among others.
He also authored the largest tax increase in American history. You know, his signature piece of legislation. Obamacare.

His legacy.
Show me the link on where this has raised taxes on you or me. Republicans keep bringing up Obamacare as a tax raiser but I'm not sure I have ever seen taxes raised because of Obamacare, but I might be wrong. Please educate me.

Originally posted by jpphawk:
Originally posted by 22*43*51:

BHO signed off on a tax cut at part of the stimulus package in 2009 and a payroll tax cut in 2011 among others.  
He also authored the largest tax increase in American history.  You know, his signature piece of legislation.  Obamacare.

His legacy.

Show me the link on where this has raised taxes on you or me.  Republicans keep bringing up Obamacare as a tax raiser but I'm not sure I have ever seen taxes raised because of Obamacare, but I might be wrong.  Please educate me.

Either you are dense or not serious. Obamacare included $500B in increased taxes over ten years. Someone is paying that bill-whether you will be a giver or a taker in this process I don't know or care. But it was a huge tax increase on individuals and businesses (and by definition then, their former employees and/or customers).
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by jpphawk:

Show me the link on where this has raised taxes on you or me. Republicans keep bringing up Obamacare as a tax raiser but I'm not sure I have ever seen taxes raised because of Obamacare, but I might be wrong. Please educate me.
ACA_Tax_Raw_Dollars.png

Originally posted by aflachawk:
Teddy, Lincoln, Eisenhower are all better represented by today's D party. Rs run from their history while Ds correct theirs.
Again you are totally wrong. The POTUS's you listed would certainly be centrist republicans but they would still be well with in the ranks of Republican thought. However your party has moved so very far to the left it would be unrecognizably to Dems of 50 years ago.
Not how I see it. IMO, both parties have been marching towards the right since 1980 on most substantive issues of public policy with the exception of a few key social issues.

The three I listed were for government regulation and wealth redistribution. I wish that represented the heart of the R party today.
This post was edited on 2/27 1:35 PM by naturalmwa

I for one am hoping Walker runs. I DO NOT want any more Bush's or Clinton's. And unlike Obama , Walker actually has run something.
He is clearly running. He is a formidable speaker, but catch him without prep and he seems to stumble with answers.
He clearly seems to be getting traction. Now he'll have to take shots from his fellow Republicans. It's easy to stand up and bash President Obama and Hillary Clinton. Taking shots from the backside is hard.

JOHN NICHOLS: I'm afraid it's not the first time that [Walker] has suggested that striking down these protests back in 2011, and continuing to try to prevent protests in the capital, trying to force protesters out, has somehow prepared him to deal with the world. And the tragedy of this is so profound on so many levels. First off, he is overestimating his own skills. Second, he is underestimating the challenges and the complexity of the threats from around the world.

But most of all, he is deeply, deeply mischaracterizing those who rose up to challenge and question his policies. These were school teachers and snow plow drivers and nurses and parents of children with autism and other challenges, seniors who were concerned about their care. This was not just a union protest in Wisconsin; it was an anti-austerity protest. And it was incredibly diverse, incredibly-and I will use the word-beautiful. You were there, Amy.

And I think to try and suggest that disrespecting peaceful protest, that literally went out of its way to stop at stoplights, you know, to let people cross, it's so wrong. And I think it raises profound questions. You know, you can get angry about all this, but I think it raises profound questions about whether Governor Walker really begins to understand what he's talking about as regards global threats, but also begins to understand how a president should look at the people he would serve.

Democracy Now

That's old thinking. Move into the future which holds NO unions. This idea of having unions nowadays is just like how the Constitution is so old and should be revised. Move along, unions are no longer needed.

The R's are too busy being the party of War to get much anything else accomplished.
You don't know history. Look up who has started a LARGE majority of wars since WW1. Obama has continued the wars but with drones.

Democrats are the party of war. History bears those facts.

Originally posted by IMCC965

That's old thinking. Move into the future which holds NO unions. This idea of having unions nowadays is just like how the Constitution is so old and should be revised. Move along, unions are no longer needed.
Did capital stop organizing? Why would you want to unilaterally disarm? Seems unwise and nieve to put it kindly.

Really ??? Link?
Ever hear of NASA? Ever hear of Interstate Highways? In affect h\these were both "jobs programs". JFK cut taxes when the maximum rate was 90+%, not 37%. Kennedy nor Obama invented "capital gains tax rate" to ensure the wealthy stay wealthy at everyone else's expense.

Originally posted by joelbc1:

Really ??? Link?
Ever hear of NASA? Ever hear of Interstate Highways? In affect h\these were both "jobs programs". JFK cut taxes when the maximum rate was 90+%, not 37%. Kennedy nor Obama invented "capital gains tax rate" to ensure the wealthy stay wealthy at everyone else's expense. 

Are you serious Clark?? NASA and Interstate highways were jobs programs? Hilarious! And by the way, it is in effect, not in affect:)
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Did capital stop organizing? Why would you want to unilaterally disarm? Seems unwise and nieve to put it kindly.
Very naive. IMCC obviously has had a bad experience with his union but to say they aren't needed is completely ridiculous.

Originally posted by Doodads and Hoohah:

Very naive. IMCC obviously has had a bad experience with his union but to say they aren't needed is completely ridiculous.
Bunch of sad-sacks that are miserable and complain about EVERYTHING work-related. The "us vs. them" mentality is pathetic and sad.

Really ??? Link?
Do you refuse to use Google because you think its a liberal plot? I swear if you were a little more curious, you might find you're really a liberal too. BHO signed off on a tax cut at part of the stimulus package in 2009 and a payroll tax cut in 2011 among others.

ec
Oh I forgot that Hawaii vacation I went on paid for by that huge and temporary tax cut. Taken from Social Security. This POTUS is a huge failure as was expected. By any clear minded person.

You are conflating two very different animals. Public employee unions and private unions. I and most con are for unions in private business. Like FDR, however, we do not think public employees should be unionized. I am glad I could clear that misunderstanding up for you

The R's are too busy being the party of War to get much anything else accomplished.
WW1...started by a Democrat.......WW2....started by a democrat.....Korea....started by a Democrat....Vietnam....Started by a Democrat....Please do not say a Republican sent in advisers...they did but really the war was started by a democrat. Certainly we have started a few but you charge, as I have proven, is way off. But I am sure that will not stop you in the future from bringing it up

The other President Roosevelt had it right on this issue:

All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management.

We have not lost our way. Unsurprisingly you have a very bad grip on history. Teddy was talking here about unions in private business not the public sector. I and most Republicans no have no issue with private sector unions ( except as to the biased NLRB setting rules that clearly put private business in an unfair position) Republicans agree with Theodore`s cousin -FDR- that public unions are a very bad idea

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT