ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Walker = pro-rape

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
I'm anxious to see how our resident GOP apologists spin this one.

Aaaaaaaaaaaan GO!

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's proposed budget-which would cut $300 million dollars out of the state's beloved public university system-has a non-fiscal bombshell tucked in between its insane pages.
Under Walker's budget, universities would no longer have to report the number of sexual assaults that take place on a campus to the Department of Justice. Under Walker's plan, university employees who witness a sexual assault would no longer have to report it.
There are no policy recommendations in Walker's budget how or what would replace these reporting mechanisms. The Governor simply instructs that they should be deleted.

FULL LINK

Reactions: cigaretteman
In the Republican primary this move probably helps him. When it comes to sex issues I think his bigger is how he's going to explain making what were essentially pro-choice ads when he ran for re-election. He literally said in the end it was up to a woman and her doctor when choosing to decide on an abortion. No heavy handed government intervention was needed. Now he'll need to swing hard right to get votes west of I-35 when Iowa kicks off the next election cycle.

Self reporting will surly save $300 million and teach those rape victims a little personal responsibility.

Originally posted by torbee:

Aaaaaaaaaaaan GO!

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's proposed budget-which would cut $300 million dollars out of the state's beloved public university system-has a non-fiscal bombshell tucked in between its insane pages.

Under Walker's budget, universities would no longer have to report the number of sexual assaults that take place on a campus to the Department of Justice. Under Walker's plan, university employees who witness a sexual assault would no longer have to report it.

There are no policy recommendations in Walker's budget how or what would replace these reporting mechanisms. The Governor simply instructs that they should be deleted.

FULL LINK
If only Bill Clinton was still a college age kid, whoaaa Wisconsin here he comes!!!

Reactions: HeathForrester
It isn't like you can get pregnant bc of rape, your body and god won't allow it, so just go ahead and enjoy the sex.

even if it is reported, if the defendant doesn't want to file charges nothing can be done about it anyway. This says a lot about our lack of common sense and the government has to hold your hand to do anything. If you see something shouldn't common sense say to report it to authorities, why do you need a law to tell you to do it? This proposed budget doesn't make it illegal nor does it forbid it, but apparently for a lot of people if their isn't a law then my common sense can't take over.

Originally posted by RNHawk:
even if it is reported, if the defendant doesn't want to file charges nothing can be done about it anyway. This says a lot about our lack of common sense and the government has to hold your hand to do anything. If you see something shouldn't common sense say to report it to authorities, why do you need a law to tell you to do it? This proposed budget doesn't make it illegal nor does it forbid it, but apparently for a lot of people if their isn't a law then my common sense can't take over.

Hey that's a good idea. When you see crime and hear pleas for help, just look the other way just in case the victim doesn't mind being victimized.
Now if we can pass a law that Social Workers and Teaches and Doctors do not have to report child abuse think of the money we could save.

This post was edited on 2/27 7:44 PM by wildcatdad

even if it is reported, if the defendant doesn't want to file charges nothing can be done about it anyway.

SO EFFING WHAT?! Many rapists strike more than once. The report alone can help investigators nail them. Just because its reported doesn't mean nothing can be done. This is a really scary statement from an RN.

If you see something shouldn't common sense say to report it to authorities, why do you need a law to tell you to do it? This proposed budget doesn't make it illegal nor does it forbid it, but apparently for a lot of people if their isn't a law then my common sense can't take over.

It's common sense to stop when involved an accident. It doesn't mean people do it.
edit to add
This post was edited on 2/27 7:53 PM by ANYCHawk

Aaaaaaaaaaaan GO!

FULL LINK
There is just no way anyone can actually believe this as reported is there? Honestly - Torbee - you don't really believe this is an accurate portrayal of what's going on do you?

This post was edited on 2/27 10:08 PM by Metuo Accipiter

Originally posted by Metuo Accipiter:

There is just no way anyone can actually believe this as reported is there? Honestly - Torbee - you don't really believe this is an accurate portrayal of what's going on do you?

Sleuth it out for us, what is the truth?

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

So do you believe it like Torbee does?

So do you believe it like Torbee does?

They reprint the budget proposal language, so that seems pretty dispositive. Why don't you believe it?

Below is the text from the budget proposal to 'delete' the requirements.

25. DELETE LANGUAGE RELATED TO SEXUAL ASSAULT INFORMATION AND REPORTING

Delete the requirement that the Board direct each institution and college campus to incorporate oral and written or electronic information on sexual assault in its orientation program for newly entering students and to supply all students enrolled in the institution or college campus with the same information in either printed or electronic form.

Delete the requirement that the Board of Regents submit an annual report to the Legislature regarding the methods used to comply with the above requirement.

Delete the requirement that any person employed at an institution who witnesses a sexual assault on campus or receives a report from a student enrolled in the institution that the student has been sexually assaulted report the assault to the dean of students. Delete the requirement that each institution report annually to the Department of Justice (DOJ) statistics on sexual assaults and on sexual assaults committed by acquaintances of the victims that occurred on the campus of that institution in the previous years, and that DOJ include those statistics in appropriate crime reports.

This post was edited on 2/27 10:31 PM by naturalmwa

They reprint the budget proposal language, so that seems pretty dispositive. Why don't you believe it?

What is it about Scott Walker that makes people like you and Torbee think he'd be "pro rape" as Torbee calls him? Seriously - do you guys even contemplate what you're saying?

I mean cripes - just because Walker is GOP you think he's a monster?

What is it about Scott Walker that makes people like you and Torbee think he'd be "pro rape" as Torbee calls him? Seriously - do you guys even contemplate what you're saying?

Are you going to answer the question on why you don't believe this policy is real or have I convinced you it's true? I don't like Walker for his policy positions and his governing style. It's a very principled stance. How much do you know about Walker? I can understand supporting his policy, but you would cry bloody murder if BHO goverened like he does.

Are you going to answer the question on why you don't believe this policy is real or have I convinced you it's true? I don't like Walker for his policy positions and his governing style. It's a very principled stance. How much do you know about Walker? I can understand supporting his policy, but you would cry bloody murder if BHO goverened like he does.
Do you believe Scott Walker is pro rape? (like Torbee does)

Are you going to answer the question on why you don't believe this policy is real or have I convinced you it's true? I don't like Walker for his policy positions and his governing style. It's a very principled stance. How much do you know about Walker? I can understand supporting his policy, but you would cry bloody murder if BHO goverened like he does. [/QUOTE]
There are 2 things abundantly clear from this thread.

Metuo is lost in a jungle of GOP butt licking.

Male nurses are idiots. Note to RN, a rape prosecution, can, and does, continue on, without the victim (even though you said defendant, I'll let it slide) cooperating. The victim doesn't press charges. Sometimes, the police need cooperation to prove their case, and sometimes they don't. But it's not up to a victim if criminal charges get brought. Also, making it a mandatory requirement for people to report will... wait for it... force people to report rape that they may have otherwise not reported.

It's pretty hilarious that Natural posts the exact language showing that Walker doesn't want people to report rape, and he's more interested in attacking the source. It's been a banner day for Metuo getting his ass owned by you on here, between this and the NN posts. I've been gone for 10 hours, and I feel like I just keep walking back into the same thread. Metuo saying something ridiculous because he's a GOP shill, you showing him the exact language or examples of what he's arguing against, followed by him trying to change the subject.

Shit, I wish I wouldn't have had the last bourbon tonight. I'd love to get in on making these jackasses look like idiots. Until tomorrow.

Originally posted by slieb85:

Male nurses are idiots. Note to RN, a rape prosecution, can, and does, continue on, without the victim (even though you said defendant, I'll let it slide) cooperating. The victim doesn't press charges. Sometimes, the police need cooperation to prove their case, and sometimes they don't. But it's not up to a victim if criminal charges get brought. Also, making it a mandatory requirement for people to report will... wait for it... force people to report rape that they may have otherwise not reported.

It's pretty hilarious that Natural posts the exact language showing that Walker doesn't want people to report rape, and he's more interested in attacking the source. It's been a banner day for Metuo getting his ass owned by you on here, between this and the NN posts. I've been gone for 10 hours, and I feel like I just keep walking back into the same thread. Metuo saying something ridiculous because he's a GOP shill, you showing him the exact language or examples of what he's arguing against, followed by him trying to change the subject.

Shit, I wish I wouldn't have had the last bourbon tonight. I'd love to get in on making these jackasses look like idiots. Until tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]

Is that so?

The Jezebel article paints the move as "the first of many boxes" Walker will check on his "CONSERVATIVE STRONG MAN" card as he eyes a 2016 presidential bid.

That section of the governor's budget is one of 33 provisions related to the UW System that the budget would delete as part of an effort to grant greater autonomy to the UW System. The move toward autonomy is coupled with a $300 million budget cut.

According to the LFB analysis, "In most cases, the UW System Authority Board of Regents would have the authority to take the actions described (in each provision) although the Board would no longer be specifically required or authorized to do so by law."

Most of the portions proposed for removal are duplicative of federal requirements the UW System already complies with and will continue to follow, said UW System spokesman Alex Hummel.

The governor's office further clarified that removing the duplicative report does not make any change to state or federal laws regarding the reporting of crimes.

"State statute changes were required to give UW System full authority status and the UW System requested the deletion of provisions of duplicative reporting requirements as part of the move to the authority," said Walker spokeswoman Laurel Patrick in an email. "In this case, UW System requested this report requirement be removed because there is already a federal reporting requirement related to sexual assault and harassment on campuses."

Patrick added that Walker's last budget increased funding for sexual assault victim services, and his 2015-17 budget proposal would increase funding to protect victims and their families.

"Throughout his time in office, Governor Walker has made protecting victims of domestic violence and sexual assault a top priority," Patrick said.
Read more:

This post was edited on 2/27 11:24 PM by Metuo Accipiter

Not intrinsicly, but he sure is willing to make fighting and preventing the crime harder. Why do you think that is? Do you believe this policy is true? Do you think this policy change will help or hinder the fight against rape?

Originally posted by Metup Accipiter
Not intrinsicly, but he sure is willing to make fighting and preventing the crime harder. Why do you think that is? Do you believe this policy is true? Do you think this policy change will help or hinder the fight against rape?
Looks like you posted this before reading the article I linked. Care to answer again?

Originally posted by Metup Accipiter
Looks like you posted this before reading the article I linked. Care to answer again?
I did. I thought your article made a good case for giving Walker the benifit of the doubt on this issue, much as I feel what I've read ought to afford the FCC that same consideration on the NN issue. Thanks for posting the new info.

Originally posted by Naturalmwa

I did. I thought your article made a good case for giving Walker the benifit of the doubt on this issue, much as I feel what I've read ought to afford the FCC that same consideration on the NN issue. Thanks for posting the new info.
Benefit of the doubt? The school asked for it to be removed because it was a duplicate requirement.

I'm sure you, torbee, slieb85 and all the other folks in this thread will retract your statements now.

Originally posted by Naturalmwa

Benefit of the doubt? The school asked for it to be removed because it was a duplicate requirement.

I'm sure you, torbee, slieb85 and all the other folks in this thread will retract your statements now.
Of course, I'm a reasonable debater. I thought my prior comment already made my capitulation clear.

Originally posted by wildcatdad:

Hey that's a good idea. When you see crime and hear pleas for help, just look the other way just in case the victim doesn't mind being victimized.
Now if we can pass a law that Social Workers and Teaches and Doctors do not have to report child abuse think of the money we could save.

This post was edited on 2/27 7:44 PM by wildcatdad
I didn't say look the other way now did I. I would still report it and guess what I don't need a law that says I have too. As far as child abuse goes that is an apples and oranges argument on so many levels and you know it.

Originally posted by ANYCHawk:

even if it is reported, if the defendant doesn't want to file charges nothing can be done about it anyway.

SO EFFING WHAT?! Many rapists strike more than once. The report alone can help investigators nail them. Just because its reported doesn't mean nothing can be done. This is a really scary statement from an RN.

If you see something shouldn't common sense say to report it to authorities, why do you need a law to tell you to do it? This proposed budget doesn't make it illegal nor does it forbid it, but apparently for a lot of people if their isn't a law then my common sense can't take over.

It's common sense to stop when involved an accident. It doesn't mean people do it.
edit to add
This post was edited on 2/27 7:53 PM by ANYCHawk
maybe we should make a law that all liberals have to report it, since they seem to be the ones that need the government to tell them what to do all the time. I for one will do it on my own

Shit, I wish I wouldn't have had the last bourbon tonight. I'd love to get in on making these jackasses look like idiots. Until tomorrow.[/QUOTE] KMA Sleib and thats after giving you the defendant mistake I made. If you do your research most prosecutors will not file rape charges without the victim's help, hence the reason for my statement. Do you realize that in a lot of states medical personal are not required to report rapes, these are the same people who treat the victim after the crime. Are the lawmakers in those states pro-rape. Why aren't you taking them to task instead of Walker who said college personal didn't have to report it. Take the case of the attorney general in Virginia who happens to be a democrat who states medical personal don't have to report statutory rape of children who are seeking abortions. Are liberals pro-rape?

The point of my argument which a lot of you seem to validate is that it should be common sense to report it or in my case offer to report it. If I was treating a rape victim and always asked if the police were contacted or would they like me to call them. If they declined I respected their wishes and didn't, because we are also bound by privacy laws in healthcare, so even if I wanted to I couldn't. Now if I wasn't working I would call the police on my own, again this is just common sense and being a decent human being. I don't once again need the government telling me to do whats right.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/abortionists-no-longer-have-to-report-most-statutory-rape-cases-in-virginia

Some take-aways from this thread -

1. Torbee posts something from a feminist website.

2. Resident libs jump all up on it.

3. Resident Cons disprove the premise.

BAU.

Reactions: Greenway12
I used to enjoy "Tuesday's with Torbee". Cannot read it going forward without thinking about how despicable it is to equate a politician with being "pro-rape. Unbelievable.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm with Scott Walker on this. Asking any public institution to report any crime statistics is an unwarranted governmental overreach and a clear violation of our God-given liberties.

Before you know it they'll be asking businesses and individuals to report earnings and income. And then they'll start collecting taxes.

We need to nip the idea that the government can do anything - anything at all - in the bud before it gets out of control.

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
I'm with Scott Walker on this. Asking any public institution to report any crime statistics is an unwarranted governmental overreach and a clear violation of our God-given liberties.

Before you know it they'll be asking businesses and individuals to report earnings and income. And then they'll start collecting taxes.

We need to nip the idea that the government can do anything - anything at all - in the bud before it gets out of control.
Reading 101...

State statute changes were required to give UW System full authority status and the UW System requested the deletion of provisions of duplicative reporting requirements as part of the move to the authority," said Walker spokeswoman Laurel Patrick in an email. "In this case, UW System requested this report requirement be removed because there is already a federal reporting requirement related to sexual assault and harassment on campuses."

Patrick added that Walker's last budget increased funding for sexual assault victim services, and his 2015-17 budget proposal would increase funding to protect victims and their families.

KMA Sleib and thats after giving you the defendant mistake I made. If you do your research most prosecutors will not file rape charges without the victim's help, hence the reason for my statement. Do you realize that in a lot of states medical personal are not required to report rapes, these are the same people who treat the victim after the crime. Are the lawmakers in those states pro-rape. Why aren't you taking them to task instead of Walker who said college personal didn't have to report it. Take the case of the attorney general in Virginia who happens to be a democrat who states medical personal don't have to report statutory rape of children who are seeking abortions. Are liberals pro-rape?

The point of my argument which a lot of you seem to validate is that it should be common sense to report it or in my case offer to report it. If I was treating a rape victim and always asked if the police were contacted or would they like me to call them. If they declined I respected their wishes and didn't, because we are also bound by privacy laws in healthcare, so even if I wanted to I couldn't. Now if I wasn't working I would call the police on my own, again this is just common sense and being a decent human being. I don't once again need the government telling me to do whats right.

[/QUOTE] The word you're looking for is "personnel."

I understand that there are privacy laws in healthcare that prevent certain medical professionals from reporting. Everyone else, should report, and it should be mandatory.

The police should be very courteous and respectful of the victims wishes. If the victim doesn't want to cooperate, it generally leaves the investigation dead. But, there are ways around it, particularly if the victim cooperates initially (testing, exams, etc) but then refuses to continue to cooperate (testifying). That should be (as much as I hate these people generally) a prosecutorial decision. Do they have enough to prosecute and convict the guy? That should be the question. And we'll get to more of those questions if we mandate reporting from people in positions of power.

That said, my apologies to Metuo. It seems Torbee's article was pretty poorly researched, and Walker isn't the bad guy on this one.

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:
Why do we need a law to force people to report a crime?

How would that be enforced?

1. It helps push people to report, who otherwise may not have. More reporting is a good thing.

2. You don't need to enforce it that strictly, because most of the people who have the obligation put on them, take it very seriously. When you hear of an incident that went un-reported, you investigate what happened and who failed to report, and you take appropriate action. My personal preference would be a slight punishment, something like unpaid leave from work or a fine.

I volunteer once a week at a local school reading to 3rd graders. We're not under any obligation to report (at least I don't think) as volunteers. The other week, my friend was reading to his kid and noticed some slashes on the kid's arm. He asked him what happened and the kid said something about falling down and how his mother instructed him not to talk about it. When my friend told me about it, both of us being aware that teachers were mandatory reporters, we decided we needed to talk to his teacher.

In that case, the fact that people are aware of the mandatory reporting requirement for teachers led to us reporting possible abuse. That is how the system should work. If we weren't so aware of the requirement, I'm guessing my friend, or myself, would have been much more likely to take the kid's story at face value.

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:
Why do we need a law to force people to report a crime?

How would that be enforced?

1. It helps push people to report, who otherwise may not have. More reporting is a good thing.

2. You don't need to enforce it that strictly, because most of the people who have the obligation put on them, take it very seriously. When you hear of an incident that went un-reported, you investigate what happened and who failed to report, and you take appropriate action. My personal preference would be a slight punishment, something like unpaid leave from work or a fine.

I volunteer once a week at a local school reading to 3rd graders. We're not under any obligation to report (at least I don't think) as volunteers. The other week, my friend was reading to his kid and noticed some slashes on the kid's arm. He asked him what happened and the kid said something about falling down and how his mother instructed him not to talk about it. When my friend told me about it, both of us being aware that teachers were mandatory reporters, we decided we needed to talk to his teacher.

In that case, the fact that people are aware of the mandatory reporting requirement for teachers led to us reporting possible abuse. That is how the system should work. If we weren't so aware of the requirement, I'm guessing my friend, or myself, would have been much more likely to take the kid's story at face value.

Aaaaaaaaaaaan GO!

FULL LINK
Yup, that article is just brimming with objectivity, balance, & credibility. Quite a leap from that to calling someone pro-rape. But I would expect nothing different from lefties---on here or anywhere else.

Originally posted by jthawk:
I used to enjoy "Tuesday's with Torbee". Cannot read it going forward without thinking about how despicable it is to equate a politician with being "pro-rape. Unbelievable.

Torbee is a hack when it comes to writing skill, HROT must have been short of filler for it's webpage to use his material.

That said, my apologies to Metuo. It seems Torbee's article was pretty poorly researched, and Walker isn't the bad guy on this one.
Mighty big of you to apologize. You'll learn not to put much faith in Torbee and natural!! But even aside from that - I don't know how anyone can read Torbee's post and not instantly say to yourself "bullshit"

Obviously the premise of the article had to be complete crap. I think you guys let your extreme hatred for conservatives cloud your judgment.

Mighty big of you to apologize. You'll learn not to put much faith in Torbee and natural!! But even aside from that - I don't know how anyone can read Torbee's post and not instantly say to yourself "bullshit"

Obviously the premise of the article had to be complete crap. I think you guys let your extreme hatred for conservatives cloud your judgment.
How am I not the honest broker here? I read an article and reacted. You provided more info and I modified my position. I think you are letting your extreme hatred cloud your judgment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT