ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Walker = pro-rape

Originally posted by naturalmwa:
How am I not the honest broker here? I read an article and reacted. You provided more info and I modified my position. I think you are letting your extreme hatred cloud your judgment.
It's admirable that you admitted your error and changed your stance. Similar to how it's admirable for a convicted criminal to apologize to the victims. You only feel regret because you got caught - not for perpetrating another fanatical hit job against Scott Walker.

The problem was you and slieb were more than willing to sell the disgusting story torbee presented without actually trying to research the truth yourself. You even tried to defend the story -- even as preposterous as it was on its face. And we both know why --- purely because Scott Walker is a member of the GOP.

I gave slieb credit for apologizing because I thought it was for his personal attack against me -- but would say he's similar to you in regard to the story itself.

Even the Daily Beast has retracted their Torbee-like hit piece and has apologized to the Governor. If they had just done a little due diligence before writing a hit piece that they desperately wanted to be true.

If only Torbee had a minimum level of standards....oh well, he can always aspire to someday be as credible as a third rate, left-wing rag, but he has a lot of ground to make up.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by jthawk:
I used to enjoy "Tuesday's with Torbee". Cannot read it going forward without thinking about how despicable it is to equate a politician with being "pro-rape. Unbelievable.

Hawkeye Report needs to pull a Brian Williams with him

The sad part is that liberals will pound this talking point during the campaign on the front page and then put the retraction on page 8.

Soooooooo...

How soon before you guys fire up that Davenport news website, Torb?

I can't wait to see how my tax dollars get spent there...

This whole thread is a waste. As the story was false. But don't let that get in the way of being scared of Scott Walker.

I see OP has not retracted his thread yet. I guess he is all for duplicate reporting and does not believe the UW System should have asked for state reporting to be eliminated. Keep up the powerful, accurate reporting OP.

Originally posted by RNHawk:

Originally posted by ANYCHawk:

Originally posted by RNHawk:
even if it is reported, if the defendant doesn't want to file charges nothing can be done about it anyway.

SO EFFING WHAT?! Many rapists strike more than once. The report alone can help investigators nail them. Just because its reported doesn't mean nothing can be done. This is a really scary statement from an RN.

If you see something shouldn't common sense say to report it to authorities, why do you need a law to tell you to do it? This proposed budget doesn't make it illegal nor does it forbid it, but apparently for a lot of people if their isn't a law then my common sense can't take over.

It's common sense to stop when involved an accident. It doesn't mean people do it.
edit to add
This post was edited on 2/27 7:53 PM by ANYCHawk
maybe we should make a law that all liberals have to report it, since they seem to be the ones that need the government to tell them what to do all the time. I for one will do it on my own
Guess we don't need those laws that say you shouldn't murder someone, you just won't do it. HONOR SYSTEM EVERYBODY!

Originally posted by Metuo Accipiter:
How am I not the honest broker here? I read an article and reacted. You provided more info and I modified my position. I think you are letting your extreme hatred cloud your judgment.
It's admirable that you admitted your error and changed your stance. Similar to how it's admirable for a convicted criminal to apologize to the victims. You only feel regret because you got caught - not for perpetrating another fanatical hit job against Scott Walker.

The problem was you and slieb were more than willing to sell the disgusting story torbee presented without actually trying to research the truth yourself. You even tried to defend the story -- even as preposterous as it was on its face. And we both know why --- purely because Scott Walker is a member of the GOP.

I gave slieb credit for apologizing because I thought it was for his personal attack against me -- but would say he's similar to you in regard to the story itself.
For the record, it was fairly late at night, after a really long/shitty week, and I had tied one on a bit and was in a mood. Normally I would have done just what you suggest and looked into it a bit, or, at the very least, prefaced my comments with a qualifier about the story being true.

Like I said, sorry for the jumping on ya. The story wasn't far from believable due to Walker's obsession with cutting government, and I should've taken a better tone.

That said, not with RN. You've shown to be intelligent and knowledgable, even if we disagree. He's ignorant and a mouthpiece for the hysterical crowd.

Originally posted by ICWestfan:
Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
I'm with Scott Walker on this. Asking any public institution to report any crime statistics is an unwarranted governmental overreach and a clear violation of our God-given liberties.

Before you know it they'll be asking businesses and individuals to report earnings and income. And then they'll start collecting taxes.

We need to nip the idea that the government can do anything - anything at all - in the bud before it gets out of control.
Reading 101...

State statute changes were required to give UW System full authority status and the UW System requested the deletion of provisions of duplicative reporting requirements as part of the move to the authority," said Walker spokeswoman Laurel Patrick in an email. "In this case, UW System requested this report requirement be removed because there is already a federal reporting requirement related to sexual assault and harassment on campuses."

Patrick added that Walker's last budget increased funding for sexual assault victim services, and his 2015-17 budget proposal would increase funding to protect victims and their families.
And this right here folks is what we call Parser getting bitch slapped. Along with every other Liberal fruitcakes that joined in before actually reading about this.

Originally posted by slieb85:

Originally posted by Metuo Accipiter:

For the record, it was fairly late at night, after a really long/shitty week, and I had tied one on a bit and was in a mood. Normally I would have done just what you suggest and looked into it a bit, or, at the very least, prefaced my comments with a qualifier about the story being true.

Like I said, sorry for the jumping on ya. The story wasn't far from believable due to Walker's obsession with cutting government, and I should've taken a better tone.

That said, not with RN. You've shown to be intelligent and knowledgable, even if we disagree. He's ignorant and a mouthpiece for the hysterical crowd.
you just admitted that you were in the wrong and should have taken a better tone, then you call me ignorant and a mouthpiece for the hysterical crowd, now thats funny. By hysterical crowd you mean the same crowd that tries to correct what is obviously wrong, well put me in the hysterical crowd all the time then.

Originally posted by pepsicock:
It nevered bothered anybody from the democratic party when Bill Clinton raped women .
Nah, they just lapped up the character assassinations that ensued. Trailer park trash deserved to be raped, right libs?

Originally posted by millhawk:

Originally posted by pepsicock:
It nevered bothered anybody from the democratic party when Bill Clinton raped women .
Nah, they just lapped up the character assassinations that ensued. Trailer park trash deserved to be raped, right libs?

Hey, Bill used state-taxpayer funded resources acquiring those women... you don't want that money going to waste.

Originally posted by jthawk:
Even the Daily Beast has retracted their Torbee-like hit piece and has apologized to the Governor. If they had just done a little due diligence before writing a hit piece that they desperately wanted to be true.

If only Torbee had a minimum level of standards....oh well, he can always aspire to someday be as credible as a third rate, left-wing rag, but he has a lot of ground to make up.
Ouch!

This is a real black mark for Torbee, and a man would own up and apologize. A liberal, on the other hand....will simply go away.

Also, I bet Torbee will continue to cite this discredited piece to those who are less informed. It is what liberals do.

What this guy said..^^^^

russell_truth_serum02.jpg

Originally posted by coffhawk:

This is a real black mark for Torbee, and a man would own up and apologize. A liberal, on the other hand....will simply go away.

Also, I bet Torbee will continue to cite this discredited piece to those who are less informed. It is what liberals do.
Lol. Because the neocons on this website are really good at conceding points.

Look at bleeder and his inability to answer a simple question, or even acknowledge that you guys' new hero Netanyahu might be a little bit of slime bucket, or even read a linked article showing just why Netanyahu is a bum.

There is no moral high ground between conservatives and liberals, when it comes to being proven wrong. (I'll argue with you all day about the other moral high grounds, see: Alabama Supreme Court, but that's not the point of this so I digress)

Originally posted by torbee:
I'm anxious to see how our resident GOP apologists spin this one.

Aaaaaaaaaaaan GO!
I won't be voting for Walker, torbee. Will you be voting for Hillary?

Hillary has a much clearer history of being pro-rape and anti-women. Will you and the democrats be voting for her in he General due to her being the "lesser of two evils"? If the other one is not Walker, then you will have to consider someone who has been extremely pro-rape for the last 25 years as someone who is less evil than someone who hasn't? Can't wait to see you spin that one.

She blamed her husband's several cases of harassment, womanizing and molestation of a young WH intern as a "vast right wing conspiracy". Can't be any more supportive of slapping down women than that. Now it seems that since he's been caught flying on Air Pedo, she will be defending his right to play touch the pee pee with minors. She'll probably use the "International air Space" defense.

Just think...millions of people will be voting for this Champion of pissing on women's rights, while proclaiming that they feel women's rights is a very important issue. Are you one of them?

You seem to care deeply about women's rights. You must despise Hillary more than any candidate out there due to it. Man...you might vote Republican this election. Good for you...I guess.

Liberals NEVER go away. They're like a fly during summer when you're eating outside. Torbee's credibility went down the crapper on this one. I'll never read another "Tuesday" article again.

If he were to own his mistake and admit all he wanted to do was discredit Walker at all costs, I might find it in my heart to forgive him.

Look at bleeder and his inability to answer a simple question, or even acknowledge that you guys' new hero Netanyahu might be a little bit of slime bucket, or even read a linked article showing just why Netanyahu is a bum.

There is no moral high ground between conservatives and liberals, when it comes to being proven wrong. (I'll argue with you all day about the other moral high grounds, see: Alabama Supreme Court, but that's not the point of this so I digress)
There are several things in your post that "aren't the point", and you did digress.

You didn't mention Scott Walker, Wisconsin, rape or Torbee once.

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:

There are several things in your post that "aren't the point", and you did digress.

You didn't mention Scott Walker, Wisconsin, rape or Torbee once.
Well, in this thread, Torbee has ducked coming back and owning up to his mistake.

Earlier in this very thread, I did just that.

In that specific post I was providing evidence for my claim that neocons are just as bad as liberals at this.

Try to keep up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT