ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS striking down Roe v Wade?

We were assured this would never happen.

If Roe is overturned, the Court will lose all of its legitimacy with the public. Any idea that SCOTUS has not morphed into a third political branch pretty much evaporates if they overrule Roe.

We were assured this would never happen.

If Roe is overturned, the Court will lose all of its legitimacy with the public. Any idea that SCOTUS has not morphed into a third political branch pretty much evaporates if they overrule Roe.
Lol. Here comes the ''world is coming to end'' hyperbole from the left.

If you don't think the SCOTUS hasnt already morphed into a third political branch you have been living under a rock for the last 50 years.

I'm personally against abortion but it's not my body or ultimate decision. I'm sick and tired of this BS. Women should have a say on their bodies or if we go down this path the mans penis responsible for said unwanted baby is hacked off instead of them being able to run away and have no responsibilities of it able to produce a similar result.

Nah. Family members? The possibility is always there that one could become necessary. And if you wonder if that could be true also for you and your family the answer is yes.

So if one of your family members has unprotected sex and doesn't want to have a baby, I would suggest this family member get tested ASAP after an unprotected sex episode and getting the abortion if wanted ASAP.

Not a single state has tried an outright ban on abortion. They just want it to happen EARLY if you're going to do that.

Lol. Here comes the ''world is coming to end'' hyperbole from the left.

If you don't think the SCOTUS hasnt already morphed into a third political branch you have been living under a rock for the last 50 years.
And if you think revisiting past decisions in this manner will allow for any sort of reasonable society, you’re wrong.

Reactions: nelly02
I am curious which other cases that have relied on a right to privacy will be challenged. At its face, do homosexuals have a right to consensual sexual relationships? Do women have the right to access birth control? If the right to privacy doesn’t exist what about those.

I don’t think contraceptives are at risk, if only because it would inconvenience white Republican men. However, homosexual acts will be criminalized within our lifetimes In at least one state.

So if one of your family members has unprotected sex and doesn't want to have a baby, I would suggest this family member get tested ASAP after an unprotected sex episode and getting the abortion if wanted ASAP.

Not a single state has tried an outright ban on abortion. They just want it to happen EARLY if you're going to do that.
You sure that’s the only reason? Might want to look into that a little more.

Early, as in before most women know

Reactions: fsu1jreed

You are completely and totally wrong. I believe that over 20 states have a total or near total ban on abortions, only held off by Roe. Missouri has passed a bill through one chamber that would allow someone to sue n individual that drives someone to another state to get an abortion.

Next up: Abortion Pill black market.

The number of abortions performed in American clinics was lower in 2017 than in any year since abortion became legal nationwide in 1973, new data showed this week. But that does not count a growing number of women who are managing their abortions themselves, without going to a medical office — often by buying pills illicitly.

These “invisible” abortions are hard to measure, so it’s unclear how much higher the true abortion rate is. But researchers say self-managed abortions have risen as abortion has become more restricted in certain states, and as more people have learned that effective pills can be ordered online or purchased across the border.

“This is happening,” said Jill E. Adams, executive director of If/When/How: Lawyering for Reproductive Justice, which provides legal assistance to women seeking abortions. “This is an irreversible part of abortion care here in the United States.”

The black market for abortion pills has changed the landscape for those lacking easy access to an abortion clinic or preferring to have an abortion in private. The pills are harder to regulate than in-clinic abortions; they can be easily hidden and shipped, and women can take them at home and appear to have had a spontaneous miscarriage.

• Sad
Reactions: BelemNole
I am curious which other cases that have relied on a right to privacy will be challenged. At its face, do homosexuals have a right to consensual sexual relationships? Do women have the right to access birth control? If the right to privacy doesn’t exist what about those.

I don’t think contraceptives are at risk, if only because it would inconvenience white Republican men. However, homosexual acts will be criminalized within our lifetimes In at least one state.
I was assured this was impossible after Barrett got on the court. But sadly gay rights will be next.

You are completely and totally wrong. I believe that over 20 states have a total or near total ban on abortions, only held off by Roe. Missouri has passed a bill through one chamber that would allow someone to sue n individual that drives someone to another state to get an abortion.

All states have many weeks before abortion is illegal.

Actual access within a particular state is a different story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT