ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS striking down Roe v Wade?

Well, any protest is meant to get someone to rethink their position, so I think it’s more whether it rises to intimidation imo.
Yes, but the intimidation talked about in this law refers to judges, jurors, etc... Not like protesting to get an owner of a business to bake cakes for gay weddings. The law is written specifically for the above.

Yes, but the intimidation talked about in this law refers to judges, jurors, etc... Not like protesting to get an owner of a business to bake cakes for gay weddings. The law is written specifically for the above.

It just seems very broad that people on the street in front of a house counts as intimidation to me. Inappropriate and not helpful to the cause, but not intimidation.

Reactions: RileyHawk
It just seems very broad that people on the street in front of a house counts as intimidation to me. Inappropriate and not helpful to the cause, but not intimidation.

I don't know. Put yourself on the receiving end of a very large, angry, and screaming crowd outside of your home with your family inside. That and seeing threats of violence via social media and other places. I'd say that's intimidating.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
I don't know. Put yourself on the receiving end of a very large, angry, and screaming crowd outside of your home with your family inside. That and seeing threats of violence via social media and other places. I'd say that's intimidating.

I guess I haven’t looked at a ton of coverage since the initial reports about this came out. It didn’t seem (pictures only mind you) that the people on the street were especially intimidating or large. Any idea how many people were estimated to have shown up at some of the residences?

Not trying to be a dick, I just haven’t watched a ton of coverage since the initial reporting. I think the people who went to the houses to protest are dumb for doing so, and just gives more fuel to the conservative media to paint all pro-choice people as hysterical.

Couldn't a very large screaming crowd objecting to your stance and being viewed on TV also be intimidating?

But that's not the point you are making. It's that there is a law that prevents anyone from protest or other activity that could be intimidating to judges.
And? That’s what the law says. I’m not going to banter back and forth whether it’s in person or on TV. Personally, I think protests are fine outside the Capital or the Court (obviously without rushing the building and acting a fool like 1/6).

And? That’s what the law says. I’m not going to banter back and forth whether it’s in person or on TV. Personally, I think protests are fine outside the Capital or the Court (obviously without rushing the building and acting a fool like 1/6).
Lol. You were the one who brought up the law and intimidation. I simply pointed out that can be taken even further than going to someone's residence. The law is far to vague.

As I've said, I don't like the protests at their residence either. I don't think it's appropriate and it's counterproductive. But unless there's a law specifically addressing it I don't consider it illegal.

Outside of this instance, major leaks from the SC are few and far between. If nothing else, there are a lot few people involved.
We have no idea who leaked the draft. But as usual, those on the right say it was a liberal judge’s staffer, and those on the left say it was a conservative judge’s staffer.

I’m throughly surprised.

Is Samuel Alito the de facto Chief Justice? If Robert’s wasn’t in agreement, and was either writing his own opinion, or siding with the Libs, my understanding is that the writing of the majority opinion goes to Clarence Thomas. He can then delegate if he chooses. Why defer to Alito? It’s been rumored that he does not get along with Roberts, and has been miffed for years that he was not made Chief Justice. It’s a powerfully written draft. Was Thomas sending a message by letting more aggressive language shine through that they want to be more muscular in driving rulings?
The first part of this is just nonsense. And the real answer is that Thomas has the second amendment case.

We have no idea who leaked the draft. But as usual, those on the right say it was a liberal judge’s staffer, and those on the left say it was a conservative judge’s staffer.

I’m throughly surprised.

Honestly it could be any of the 3 possible camps.

Reactions: Jan Itor
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT