ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU game is now sold out. 6 out of 7 games are sellouts.

No way Iowa loses to SDSU… yes, we dropped the ball a few years back against NDSU … I think this is a different Iowa team with a much better defense … 35-10
Agree. We will grind the crap out of them. I expect our D to get at least 3 TOs.

And it will likely have a lot to do with Iowa having a non-existent offense.

KF remembers the NDSU game in 2016 and knows better than to take the Jacks lightly. Iowa’s defense is borderline elite and SDSU will likely struggle on offense. However, Iowa was really, really, really bad on the other side of the ball and couldn’t shred even the weakest of defenses.

I hope Iowa can find something that works and sticks with it because I don’t want to look at the stat line Sunday morning and see that they took 54 offensive snaps for 285 offensive yards and converted 28 percent of their 3rd down opportunities, even if they won.
This game's most likely to turn out exactly this way. The only way Iowa loses this game is by losing the turnover battle. Kirk and Brian know this. Expect a low scoring closely contested affair.

This game's most likely to turn out exactly this way. The only way Iowa loses this game is by losing the turnover battle. Kirk and Brian know this. Expect a low scoring closely contested affair.
Yeah I’d love to watch a 41-10 type drubbing but I should know better than to expect that. Guessing a 24–13 type of game.

SDSU game could maybe go 2 different ways ... uncomfortably close like the '09 UNI game ... or more like the Illinois State game in 2015. They are well-coached and they have some real talent among their skill-players.

While many Iowa fans will likely be pissed off by how tough the game will be for the Hawks - I'm heartened by confidence that the match-up will force the Hawks to continue to improve. For a developmental program like ours ... that's exactly what you want.

Everyone: Iowa has clear and present issues. They can't take anyone lightly.

Literally everyone: That includes South Dakota State who is a dangerous FCS team

The media: Iowa on upset alert. They could be caught overlooking SDSU

No big deal for Nebraska. They haven't played in front of a sellout crowd in a long time.
It’s crazy how many Hawkeye fans take over Lincoln every time we play there.

It’s got to be a rush for those Nebber players to play in front of such rabid fans, even if they are wearing Hawkeye colors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT