ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU is a confident group.

WinOneThisCentury II

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2021
When you read all the press coming out of Brookins, SD these days...they expect to come in here and beat Iowa. They are a confident team...especially the QB who returns to the fold this year after missing last year. He was saying they have one of the best offenses in FBS, FCS, or whatever league you want to discuss. It doesn't matter...they are going to score on everyone.

This kid was a good runner before the injury. As we all know...our LBs/Cash like to drop in coverage quickly and historically running QBs have given us fits because often we aren't accounting for the QB, unless he starts hurting us. I think this team is going to be a really good tune up for ISU. They are going to be able to challenge our defense...of that I'm sure.

the Hawkeyes haven't had a shutout in the last 27 games...
the defense is not what it used to be..

perhaps this QB kid will come in and show Iowa fans what its like to be a real QB and run for a bunch of yards.

it'll be interesting if Iowa gives up 30 points to this team... will Phil Parker have a job next week?
You aren't huffing the laughing gas in whip cream cans are you?

When you read all the press coming out of Brookins, SD these days...they expect to come in here and beat Iowa. They are a confident team...especially the QB who returns to the fold this year after missing last year. He was saying they have one of the best offenses in FBS, FCS, or whatever league you want to discuss. It doesn't matter...they are going to score on everyone.

This kid was a good runner before the injury. As we all know...our LBs/Cash like to drop in coverage quickly and historically running QBs have given us fits because often we aren't accounting for the QB, unless he starts hurting us. I think this team is going to be a really good tune up for ISU. They are going to be able to challenge our defense...of that I'm sure.
I can see the optimism if they are playing Netra6hka but it’s Iowa and the D is really good. Good luck son, hope the Hawks don’t hurt you too bad.

QB coming off a major surgery

Phil Parker
pa79yadkfl831.png

"Everybody's got a plan til you punch them in the face".

SDSU is a program that wins a lot of games and is highly ranked this year. Of course they're confident. I'm sure they love knowing that they're playing against an offense that has had difficulty moving the ball with a QB and OL that underperformed big-time last year, lost their starting RB and now are razor-thin at WR. Iowa has a heck of a lot to prove and will have to show up and play well to win this game.

We saw that the first half of CSU last year. PP chewed ass, made adjustments, and that was the end of that. It was however another indication of the offensive struggles to come. Fifty four yards rushing for a robust 1.7 ypc.

I don't see SDSU being able to stay ahead of the chains consistently and will find themselves the majority of the time in third and long situations. I do think they will be able to make a few plays, but, they will be overmatched with size and speed on the dline as well as the overwhelming depth, so as long as Iowa plays disciplined, sound defense, which they will, they are not going to be able to line up and run the ball. I also dont seen anyone on that team that can beat the secondary over the top. 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10 are holes that offenses do not want to be in against this defense. Offensively, I think that our tight ends are going to be a really big problem for them, especially if they stack the box. But if they play straight up, I think we run the ball at will with multiple backs.

I think this game comes down to the Jimmy's and Joe's and KF will keep this one close to the vest, especially with all the WR issues. I wouldnt be surprised if we throw 15 to 18 times, mostly to tight ends and backs, regardless of the quarterback in the game. They may take 1 or 2 safe play-action throws just to open up the running game, but other than that nothing real exciting. The message here is dont do anything stupid, no pick sixes, no interceptions, no fumbles, no blocked kicks or anything like that to keep them in the game. With a lot of depth at RB, Oline and tight end, it should be all about getting these units going. Thats how I see it. Oh, and then after the game everyone will be wanting to fire BF and bench SP, because a 24 or 28 to 7 type game with under 400 yards of offense against an FCS team wont be enough.

Again ….a lot of very unintelligent fans on here. Could Iowa win easily…..sure! But probably not …..it has nothing to do with the Hawks not playing well. It has more to do with people underestimating a very good opponent. All of the players on this SD. Team years ago would have been division 1 players. They all have chips on there shoulders and the SD coaches will have them fired up. This is one reason why coaches don’t want there players on social media……the last think you want them to do is read crap like this and think they’ll be winning easily!

Again ….a lot of very unintelligent fans on here. Could Iowa win easily…..sure! But probably not …..it has nothing to do with the Hawks not playing well. It has more to do with people underestimating a very good opponent. All of the players on this SD. Team years ago would have been division 1 players. They all have chips on there shoulders and the SD coaches will have them fired up. This is one reason why coaches don’t want there players on social media……the last think you want them to do is read crap like this and think they’ll be winning easily!
It's almost as if the transfer portal didn't exist and these players are just stuck at SDSU.

I bet SDSU have been scanning team fan boy forums. God I hope they are because that means they will lose even worse than what its gonna be anyway.

perhaps this QB kid will come in and show Iowa fans what its like to be a real QB and run for a bunch of yards.

it'll be interesting if Iowa gives up 30 points to this team... will Phil Parker have a job next week?
Very nice :)

Reactions: F5n5
I don't see SDSU being able to stay ahead of the chains consistently and will find themselves the majority of the time in third and long situations. I do think they will be able to make a few plays, but, they will be overmatched with size and speed on the dline as well as the overwhelming depth, so as long as Iowa plays disciplined, sound defense, which they will, they are not going to be able to line up and run the ball. I also dont seen anyone on that team that can beat the secondary over the top. 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10 are holes that offenses do not want to be in against this defense. Offensively, I think that our tight ends are going to be a really big problem for them, especially if they stack the box. But if they play straight up, I think we run the ball at will with multiple backs.

I think this game comes down to the Jimmy's and Joe's and KF will keep this one close to the vest, especially with all the WR issues. I wouldnt be surprised if we throw 15 to 18 times, mostly to tight ends and backs, regardless of the quarterback in the game. They may take 1 or 2 safe play-action throws just to open up the running game, but other than that nothing real exciting. The message here is dont do anything stupid, no pick sixes, no interceptions, no fumbles, no blocked kicks or anything like that to keep them in the game. With a lot of depth at RB, Oline and tight end, it should be all about getting these units going. Thats how I see it. Oh, and then after the game everyone will be wanting to fire BF and bench SP, because a 24 or 28 to 7 type game with under 400 yards of offense against an FCS team wont be enough.
Exactly my take as well.

We are not kNebby.

Were any of you guys at the NDSU game jn ‘16? Coming off a west title and a rose bowl with a returning QB. I thought it would be easy too. We lost and they made us look bad in the process. I think Iowa will win but it will not be a cake walk. Close game in the 4th but some late rushing td’s and Iowa wins by 17.

Were any of you guys at the NDSU game jn ‘16? Coming off a west title and a rose bowl with a returning QB. I thought it would be easy too. We lost and they made us look bad in the process. I think Iowa will win but it will not be a cake walk. Close game in the 4th but some late rushing td’s and Iowa wins by 17.
I was. Different teams, some similarities as you point out, but that team thought it could score on anyone. This team is really intent on having their way physically and they are physically ready to do it. That team's defense wasn't anywhere near what this team's is. This team has 3 great linebackers, an All-American cornerback, and a deep and talented defensive line. This is the year for perhaps Parker's greatest defense.

I was. Different teams, some similarities as you point out, but that team thought it could score on anyone. This team is really intent on having their way physically and they are physically ready to do it. That team's defense wasn't anywhere near what this team's is. This team has 3 great linebackers, an All-American cornerback, and a deep and talented defensive line. This is the year for perhaps Parker's greatest defense.
Not the defense that worries me.

ADVERTISEMENT