ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU is better than most think

TheGuy9

HR All-State
Mar 25, 2016
This is a team that has been in the top 4 teams in their division the last 2 seasons. Their two wide outs, running back and QB are all thought to have NFL potential. They allowed less than 20 points per game last season on Defense.
Also, the Iowa offense was missing 2 starting wides and their starting running back. The offense will be better.

Their D MIGHT be top 40 in FBS, maybe. Regardless iowa's going to have a game (maybe more than one) where they finish with under 100 total yards of offense.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
SDSt is a strong FCS team but they were undisciplined and nearly as impotent on offense as we were. Yeah our defense was a rock, but they also got bailed out a few times with flags.

Iowa was lucky that it wasn’t NDSU that came to town today. They don’t beat themselves up with that many miscues.

This is a team that has been in the top 4 teams in their division the last 2 seasons. Their two wide outs, running back and QB are all thought to have NFL potential. They allowed less than 20 points per game last season on Defense.
Also, the Iowa offense was missing 2 starting wides and their starting running back. The offense will be better.
Stop it.

SDSt is a strong FCS team but they were undisciplined and nearly as impotent on offense as we were. Yeah our defense was a rock, but they also got bailed out a few times with flags.

Iowa was lucky that it wasn’t NDSU that came to town today. They don’t beat themselves up with that many miscues.
The flags were mostly superfluous false starts when SDSU was already in terrible field position, not game changers that wiped out big plays.

Reactions: 24 so far
I think their tight end is ranked top five in the country also. Unfortunate he got injured early.

And that means zero. Wins a win, but the O took a step back, and it doesn’t bode well- at all

Ahhh. You do know that this team beat NDSU to win their conference last year. They went to the Championship game last spring and the semi-finals last year.

If comparing to last year, they were easily better than Indiana, Illinois, Colorado State. They are decent. But let's not make them out to be more than they are. The TE's may both get drafted and/or in camps, but the QB, RB and wideouts are not getting a sniff of the NFL.

I know you’re trying to make us feel better, which I appreciate, but it probably just makes SDSU fans feel shittier about the fact they didn’t leave Kinnick with a win.

No doubt, they are a very good FCS team. They will be a playoff team. But Iowa came in as defending BIG-10 West Champs with far more resources than the Jackrabbits. We simply could not move the football against them. I don’t care how good our defense and special teams are, unless the stars are in alignment we will have a very small window in nearly every game, especially in league play.

Yup. They're good.

BUT, Iowa had great-not decent- great field position all day and scored 3 points. That's why I'm disappointed. No team should be able to stop another from scoring 3 points with the field position we had today.

Yeah maybe. I'm not holding my breath. I'm too old.

Lipstick on a pig.
more like lipstick on a blobfish
blobfish.jpg

Quit making excuses. We played an FCS school. Man up make plays. This post is exactly why we are in this mess. Pathetic fans accepting horrible results and making excuses for it.

They are not NDSU level. NDSU would have beat Iowa today.

the last decade has proven NDSU is a different level.

UNI should have beaten SDSU several more times than they have but Farley can’t coach anymore.

Iowa might have played in close to the vest today but he didn’t tell the QB to purposely overthrow and under throw receivers all day.

Ummm…. SDSU Finished 5-3 / 11-4 in the MVC. We scored three offensive points.

Nebraska (who sucks) just beat the 2021 Missouri Valley Conference champs (7-1 / 14-1) 38-17.

let’s not get this twisted…Our office is dismal.
Our offense is dismal, not going to argue that. You almost have to TRY to only have 3 points in a game that was essentially played between our 35 and their goal line.

But Nebraska beat ND (5-6 in 2021), not NDSU (who did, as you stated, go 14-1 last season).

FCS. If SDSU had to navigate a B1G regular season schedule they'd be .500 at best.

Our offense is dismal, not going to argue that. You almost have to TRY to only have 3 points in a game that was essentially played between our 35 and their goal line.

But Nebraska beat ND (5-6 in 2021), not NDSU (who did, as you stated, go 14-1 last season).

Sorry, my bad…You are correct.

Just checked… SDSU beat ND by 3 last year 24-21.

Point is still apt.

Reactions: hawkfan2679
These guys gave up about 20 pts/game in MVFC play last year. I'll bet it's similar this year. There is just no way to paint a pretty picture here - Iowa's offense has sunk to historically bad status.

I’m not at all mad about not covering the spread. This is definitely a team legit P5-level talent scattered around the roster……what I’m frustrated about was the complete ineptness of the offense, especially a QB that couldn’t complete even the most basic of throws to open receivers.

Exactly. They played North Dakota, not NDSU. not even close to the same program, and for the record North Dakota had the ball with 8 minutes to go in the 4th, and a chance to tie or take the lead. It was 24-17 at that point..

ADVERTISEMENT