ADVERTISEMENT

*****SE Mo St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

Good time for this type of game. Need to jump start Sandfort asap. Get Josh O and Mulvey some minutes and this might be the game somebody like Dix has a breakout game. Hoping Ulis might play coming off the injury also.

Bowen gets a start tonight against a softer team. I hope he gets to make a mistake here or there and not get yanked. He needs the experience and once he gets there, the team will be better off for it. Break out game for Sanfort tonight!
Bowen started the last game and played 20 minutes. And it's Sandfort.

Big decision watch my Bills play or watch my Hawks play!

why-not-both-why-not.gif

;)

I am actually pretty excited about tonight's game. I think we definitely need a tune up and a chance to work out some kinks. I would like to see us get our transition game going as I don't think we have exploited that as much as we can the last few games. Hopefully Ahron is back and we can shut these guys down on defense. We sure destroyed ISU and I would like to see that same effort and destroy these guys the way we should. Everybody plays? Will Kingsbury continue to get minutes? I predict a big game from Bowen. Let's Go!

Last edited:
Bowen gets a start tonight against a softer team. I hope he gets to make a mistake here or there and not get yanked. He needs the experience and once he gets there, the team will be better off for it. Break out game for Sanfort tonight!

Luckily we have a couple cupcakes to get players right. Hopefully everyone is close to (or 100%) healthy by Dec 29th, when B1G play starts up again.

The next 5 games, including IU at home, are very winnable. Hopefully Kris is part of the fun!

Next 5 games:

Sat Dec 17 vs SE Missouri State
Wed Dec 21 vs Eastern Illinois

Thur Dec 29 at Nebraska
Sun Jan 1 at Penn State
Thur Jan 5 vs Indiana

Reactions: 1911_Bandit
Good time for this type of game. Need to jump start Sandfort asap. Get Josh O and Mulvey some minutes and this might be the game somebody like Dix has a breakout game. Hoping Ulis might play coming off the injury also.

The Ogundele & Mulvey minutes will be interesting to watch over the next couple games. Riley has yet to play much at all, even against previous cupcakes & during mop up time.

I would love to see Dix with more minutes tonight. Get Dasonte & him some experience.

I am actually pretty excited about tonight's game. I think we definitely need a tune up and a chance to work out some kinks. SEMO has some size so they will provide a good test. I would like to see us get our transition game going as I don't think we have exploited that as much as we can the last few games. Hopefully Ahron is back and we can shut these guys down on defense. We sure destroyed ISU and I would like to see that same effort and destroy these guys the way we should. Everybody plays? Will Kingsbury continue to get minutes? I predict a big game from Bowen. Let's Go!

Finals week ended yesterday. I wish they'd let students in for free because I am sure a lot of them have left campus already.

Would love to see Kingsbury with some minutes again tonight.

Luckily we have a couple cupcakes to get players right. Hopefully everyone is close to (or 100%) healthy by Dec 29th, when B1G play starts up again.

The next 5 games, including IU at home, are very winnable. Hopefully Kris is part of the fun!

Next 5 games:

Sat Dec 17 vs SE Missouri State
Wed Dec 21 vs Eastern Illinois

Thur Dec 29 at Nebraska
Sun Jan 1 at Penn State
Thur Jan 5 vs Indiana
If Iowa doesn't get things right with the return of Kris and Ahron or Payton continues to play dead there's a real chance that Iowa could end up 0 and 4 after the Indiana game. That would not be good for chances of getting an NCAA bid.

Reactions: BDinIC
If Iowa doesn't get things right with the return of Kris and Ahron or Payton continues to play dead there's a real chance that Iowa could end up 0 and 4 after the Indiana game. That would not be good for chances of getting an NCAA bid.
I think the goal is to get Kris back by the Indiana game. Nebby and Penn State are winnable without him. Not guaranteed, of course, but Iowa should be favored.

I think the goal is to get Kris back by the Indiana game. Nebby and Penn State are winnable without him. Not guaranteed, of course, but Iowa should be favored.
Iowa w/o KM would not be favored at PSU ....and probably a pickem at Neb.
PSU just hammered the Illini at Champaign and Neb took PU to ot in Lincoln.
If Hawks can go 3-2 these next 5 they will be lucky.

Finals week ended yesterday. I wish they'd let students in for free because I am sure a lot of them have left campus already.

Would love to see Kingsbury with some minutes again tonight.
They really should give the students free tickets to this one to celebrate the end of finals before they go home. Kegger before and after the game as well. Those seats will be empty today anyway.

Iowa w/o KM would not be favored at PSU ....and probably a pickem at Neb.
PSU just hammered the Illini at Champaign and Neb took PU to ot in Lincoln.
If Hawks can go 3-2 these next 5 they will be lucky.
Both those teams are up and down. I doubt PSU or Nebby will be favored.

They really should give the students free tickets to this one to celebrate the end of finals before they go home. Kegger before and after the game as well. Those seats will be empty today anyway.

i have been begging for the administration to get pizza & beverage sponsors for a while now.

FREE pizza and a bottle of water for all students who show up. Hell, throw in a voucher for a cone while you are at it. And during game breaks, pick students out of the crowd where no matter what they win something of value. Example: You make the half court shot? you win a big prize. Miss? you still get something.

2 free options to listen to today's game:

(1) YouTube Link:

Go to YouTube.com

Under Search, type Iowa Hawkeyes; hit enter

Click on Iowa Hawkeyes

Look for the "LIVE" in red & "MBB: Iowa vs SE Missouri State." Click on this link & listen to the pregame show that starts at 6:30 pm CT.

(2) Varsity Network app:

For any Learfield game broadcast, you can listen to the pregame show (starts at 6:30 pm CT), the game (7:30 pm CT tip) & the postgame show for free.

The steps:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* Under Upcoming streams you will see links for the games.

* If Learfield is broadcasting the show or game (football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, Hawk Talk with Kirk, Fran, or Lisa, etc), you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out. The latest podcasts are Hawk Talk with Fran (Dec 14) and Hawk Talk with Lisa (Dec 14).

Last edited:
i have been begging for the administration to get pizza & beverage sponsors for a while now.

FREE pizza and a bottle of water for all students who show up. Hell, throw in a voucher for a cone while you are at it. And during game breaks, pick students out of the crowd where no matter what they win something of value. Example: You make the half court shot? you win a big prize. Miss? you still get something.
I think Iowa could fire most of the Athletic staff and let Brad H put together a new organization. The new organization would actually understand marketing and how to treat customers(including students)

And during game breaks, pick students out of the crowd where no matter what they win something of value. Example: You make the half court shot? you win a big prize. Miss? you still get something.
This has literally been happening for over 10 years...

2 free options to listen to today's game:

(1) YouTube Link:

Go to YouTube.com

Under Search, type Iowa Hawkeyes; hit enter

Click on Iowa Hawkeyes

Look for the "LIVE" in red & "MBB: Iowa vs SE Missouri State." Click on this link & listen to the pregame show that starts at 6:30 pm CT.

(2) Varsity Network app:

For any Learfield game broadcast, you can listen to the pregame show (starts at 6:30 pm CT), the game (7:30 pm CT tip) & the postgame show for free.

The steps:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* Under Upcoming streams you will see links for the games.

* If Learfield is broadcasting the show or game (football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, Hawk Talk with Kirk, Fran, or Lisa, etc), you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out. The latest podcasts are Hawk Talk with Fran (Dec 14) and Hawk Talk with Lisa (Dec 14).

Listen now:

This has literally been happening for over 10 years...

every student chosen for a game wins a prize, no matter what? that's the first i heard of it.

and feeding them pizza, a cone and a bottle of water has been happening for every home game for over 10 years, too? first i heard of it.

Sorry boys, I’ve got to pull for SEMO on this one.

Loyalties are torn, but I’ve got to cheer for the alma mater.

I suppose if I thought this would be a more competitive game, I might feel differently. But given the likely outcome, I think the Redhawks need my support tonight

Go SEMO! Beat Iowa!

😉❤️🖤

• Angry
Reactions: hooper56
every student chosen for a game wins a prize, no matter what? that's the first i heard of it.

and feeding them pizza, a cone and a bottle of water has been happening for every home game for over 10 years, too? first i heard of it.
Not what I said.

ADVERTISEMENT