ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Combs Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Music Producer

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Sean Combs was sued on Monday by a music producer who accused the hip-hop mogul of making unwanted sexual contact and of forcing him to hire prostitutes and participate in sex acts with them.
The latest misconduct allegation against Mr. Combs was filed in Federal District Court in Manhattan by Rodney Jones Jr., also known as Lil Rod. In 2022 and 2023, Mr. Jones says in his suit, he worked on what became “The Love Album: Off the Grid,” the latest album by Mr. Combs, the hip-hop and R&B impresario who has variously been known as Puff Daddy and P. Diddy. Mr. Jones says he served as a producer on nine of the album’s tracks and lived with Mr. Combs for months at a time.
While working on “The Love Album,” Mr. Jones says in his complaint that Mr. Combs grabbed his genitals without consent, and that he also tried to “groom” Mr. Jones into having sex with another man, telling him it was “a normal practice in the music industry.”
In a statement, Shawn Holley, a lawyer for Mr. Combs, said: “Lil Rod is nothing more than a liar who filed a $30 million lawsuit shamelessly looking for an undeserved payday. His reckless name-dropping about events that are pure fiction and simply did not happen is nothing more than a transparent attempt to garner headlines. We have overwhelming, indisputable proof that his claims are complete lies.”
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

When the suit was filed, the court’s system originally said that Mr. Jones’s demand was for $30 billion. His lawyer, Tyrone A. Blackburn, said that was an error, and that it would be corrected to reflect a demand of $30 million. Ms. Holley’s statement originally reflected a response to $30 billion.

According to Mr. Jones’s complaint, at a listening party in July 2023 at Mr. Combs’s home in California, he was forced to drink shots of tequila laced with drugs, though the legal papers do not specify who offered him the shots or how he was forced. In the suit, Mr. Jones says that after he had the drink, he passed out and awoke “at 4 a.m. the following morning naked with a sex worker sleeping next to him.”
According to the suit, Mr. Combs also forced Mr. Jones to “solicit sex workers and perform sex acts to the pleasure of Mr. Combs.” To induce him, Mr. Jones says, Mr. Combs offered him money and also threatened him with violence.
The 73-page lawsuit is filled with graphic details and photographs, and in addition to Mr. Combs, names as defendants the Universal Music Group — the giant music company that Mr. Combs briefly partnered with before releasing “The Love Album” — as well as some of its top executives. The lawsuit said Mr. Combs maintained control over Mr. Jones by dangling promises of accolades and access to high-level record executives.
A representative of Universal Music did not immediately have a comment.
In his suit, Mr. Jones says he was not properly paid for his work as a producer on “The Love Album,” and earlier this month he began a crowdfunding campaign online with a statement reading, “Help Me Sue Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs.” (As of Monday, it had raised less than $1,500 of a stated goal of $50,000.)

The suit by Mr. Jones is the latest in a series of explosive allegations against Mr. Combs, one of the primary figures who transformed hip-hop into a major global pop movement in the 1990s, working with stars like Mary J. Blige and the Notorious B.I.G.
In November, Casandra Ventura, who was Mr. Combs’s longtime girlfriend, and was signed to his Bad Boy label under the name Cassie, accused him of rape and years of physical and sexual abuse in a detailed lawsuit that made headlines around the world. That suit was settled in just one day, with both parties saying it had been resolved “amicably,” and a lawyer for Mr. Combs saying he denied the accusations.
Three other cases followed in quick succession, each alleging sexual assault. Mr. Combs has denied those, saying: “Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday. Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.”
Lawyers for Mr. Combs have been fighting the remaining lawsuits in court, arguing in a filing last week that a claim from a woman who says that Mr. Combs gang-raped her in 2003, when she was 17, is too old to bring in court despite the plaintiff’s argument that it was revived by an amendment to a New York City law that established a window for expired claims to be filed. The lawyers said the claim “irreparably damaged” Mr. Combs’s reputation based on “rank, uncorroborated allegations.”

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
I'm guessing there was a kernel of truth in the allegations, but I seriously doubt Jones was forced into anything.

I'm guessing there was a kernel of truth in the allegations, but I seriously doubt Jones was forced into anything.
If this was the only lawsuit alleging these types of things, I might agree with you. But when you have 4-5 lawsuits from different people spanning over multiple decades...you probably did a lot of what's being said.

Ol Puffy is a true piece of shit. Back w/ the West Coast vs East Coast rap feud, Suge Knight took most of the heat for being a piece of shit thug (and it was deserved) and Puffy played the "good guy" role but it appears Puffy may have been an even bigger POS.

Reactions: lucas80 and GOHOX69
4ca5573a-9a44-4e86-bbb6-7fd8e5e0b260_text.gif

Sean 'Diddy' Combs accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old in the early 1990s​

Diana Dasrath and Minyvonne Burke and Nicole Childers
Tue, March 12, 2024 at 9:05 PM CDT·6 min read

Sean “Diddy” Combs is being accused of sexual assault by another woman, who alleged in a lawsuit that the music mogul and the R&B singer Aaron Hall assaulted her and her friend at Hall’s apartment in 1990 or 1991.
The alleged assault happened following an event at the offices of MCA Records, according to a lawsuit filed in November in New York Supreme Court, one day before the expiration of the New York Adult Survivors Act, which allows adult sexual assault survivors one year to sue regardless of when the original statute of limitations expired. An amended suit was filed March 12.
After the initial suit was filed, a spokesperson for Combs told NBC News: “The claims involving alleged misconduct against Mr. Combs from over 30 years ago and filed at the last minute are all completely denied and rejected by him. He recognizes this as a money grab. Because of Mr. Combs’ fame and success, he is an easy target for accusers who will falsify the truth, without conscience or consequence, for financial benefit. The New York Legislature surely did not intend or expect the Adult Survivors Act to be exploited for improper purposes. The public should be skeptical and not rush to accept these unsubstantiated allegations.”
Hall could not immediately be reached for comment.

Woman says she was 'shocked and traumatized'​

The woman, identified in the complaint as Liza Gardner, said she and a friend met Combs and Hall, who was a member of the R&B group Guy, at the record label’s offices for an event MCA was hosting. The friend is not named as a plaintiff in the lawsuit.
The suit alleges that Combs and Hall were “very flirtatious and handsy with Liza Gardner and her friend” and offered them drinks throughout the event. Toward the end of the night, Combs and Hall invited Gardner and her friend back to Hall’s apartment for an after-party, according to the lawsuit.
“While at Hall’s apartment, Liza Gardner was offered more drinks and was coerced into having sex with Combs,” the suit says. “After Combs finished doing his business, Liza Gardner laid in bed, shocked and traumatized.”
While she was trying to get dressed, Hall allegedly “barged into the room, pinned her down, and forced Liza Gardner to have sex with him,” the suit says.
Following the alleged assaults, she got dressed and ran from the home, according to the lawsuit.
The lawsuit accuses both men of sexually assaulting Gardner’s friend that same evening at Hall’s home.
“Upon information and belief, when Combs finished with Liza Gardner, he and Hall switched, and they commenced assaulting Liza Gardner’s friend,” the lawsuit alleges.
Days later, Combs went to the home where Gardner and her friend were staying, became “irate” and allegedly assaulted and choked Gardner until she passed out, according to the suit. It says that Combs was allegedly looking for the friend because he feared she would tell the “girl he was with at the time.”

An amended complaint, filed by Gardner on Tuesday and obtained exclusively by NBC News, said she was 16 at the time and too young to consume alcohol legally or consent to sex. It says that Gardner had been invited to New York and introduced to Combs by close friends who were members of the group Jodeci. The new filing indicates that Gardner was wearing a black skirt with a button-up blouse.
Representatives and attorneys for Combs did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the amended complaint.
In addition to Combs and Hall, the lawsuit names MCA Music Entertainment Group and Geffen Records as defendants. NBC News reached out to Universal Music Group, the owner of Geffen and now defunct MCA. A spokesperson there did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
When reached for comment after the initial suit was filed, Tyrone Blackburn, an attorney for Gardner, said his client is in the “process of securing her medical documents, and witness statements.”

Other lawsuits accuse Combs of sexual abuse​

Combs and some of his companies have been at the center of sexual abuse lawsuits in the past week. Another accuser, Joie Dickerson-Neal, filed a separate lawsuit Thursday alleging that Combs drugged her and sexually assaulted her in 1991 while she was a college student at Syracuse University. Dickerson-Neal, who said she “reluctantly” had dinner with Combs at a New York City restaurant and then accompanied him as he ran errands, also accused Combs of recording the assault without her knowledge and sharing that video with other people.
"I am so thankful for the bravery of the other women that came forward, the Adult Survivors Act which opened up the filing window to seek justice, and the unwavering support from my attorneys," Dickerson-Neal said in a statement Friday. "For 32 years, the only people I have been able to confide in were my close friends and therapists. I’m feeling as if the darkness has been lifted and I can freely move forward in achieving my full potential.”
A spokesperson for Combs denied the allegations, saying the claims are “not credible” and “this is purely a money grab.”
“This last-minute lawsuit is an example of how a well-intentioned law can be turned on its head,” a spokesperson for Combs said. “Ms. Dickerson’s 32-year-old story is made up and not credible. Mr. Combs never assaulted her, and she implicates companies that did not exist. This is purely a money grab and nothing more.”
During the time span mentioned in the lawsuit, when Dickerson-Neal alleges a sexual assault took place, Combs worked for Uptown Records and had not yet formed his companies.
Dickerson-Neal said she decided to file a lawsuit after Combs’ former girlfriend, singer and actor Cassie, filed a federal lawsuit alleging he raped, sex-trafficked and abused her. Cassie’s lawsuit was settled one day later for an undisclosed amount of money.

Cassie, whose full name is Casandra Ventura, said she “decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control.” Ben Brafman, a lawyer for Combs, said the mogul’s decision to settle was “in no way an admission of wrongdoing.”
“Mr. Combs’ decision to settle the lawsuit does not in any way undermine his flat-out denial of the claims,” Brafman said.
Douglas Wigdor, an attorney for Cassie, has not directly commented on Jane Doe or Dickerson-Neal’s lawsuits but said Friday, “In my experience handling sexual assault cases it is not uncommon for other victims to come forward once the first brave survivor makes public allegations concerning a high-profile perpetrator.”
Another lawsuit was filed Tuesday accusing Harve Pierre, the ex-president of Bad Boy Entertainment and Bad Boy Records, of sexually assaulting an unnamed former assistant. Combs’ companies were also named in the lawsuit on one count of gender-motivated violence and two counts of negligence.
Pierre did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the allegations. A spokesperson for Bad Boy Entertainment said Wednesday that the company was aware of the lawsuit and is “now investigating the allegations.”

• Sad
Reactions: GOHOX69
Sean Combs was sued on Monday by a music producer who accused the hip-hop mogul of making unwanted sexual contact and of forcing him to hire prostitutes and participate in sex acts with them.
The latest misconduct allegation against Mr. Combs was filed in Federal District Court in Manhattan by Rodney Jones Jr., also known as Lil Rod. In 2022 and 2023, Mr. Jones says in his suit, he worked on what became “The Love Album: Off the Grid,” the latest album by Mr. Combs, the hip-hop and R&B impresario who has variously been known as Puff Daddy and P. Diddy. Mr. Jones says he served as a producer on nine of the album’s tracks and lived with Mr. Combs for months at a time.
While working on “The Love Album,” Mr. Jones says in his complaint that Mr. Combs grabbed his genitals without consent, and that he also tried to “groom” Mr. Jones into having sex with another man, telling him it was “a normal practice in the music industry.”
In a statement, Shawn Holley, a lawyer for Mr. Combs, said: “Lil Rod is nothing more than a liar who filed a $30 million lawsuit shamelessly looking for an undeserved payday. His reckless name-dropping about events that are pure fiction and simply did not happen is nothing more than a transparent attempt to garner headlines. We have overwhelming, indisputable proof that his claims are complete lies.”
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

When the suit was filed, the court’s system originally said that Mr. Jones’s demand was for $30 billion. His lawyer, Tyrone A. Blackburn, said that was an error, and that it would be corrected to reflect a demand of $30 million. Ms. Holley’s statement originally reflected a response to $30 billion.

According to Mr. Jones’s complaint, at a listening party in July 2023 at Mr. Combs’s home in California, he was forced to drink shots of tequila laced with drugs, though the legal papers do not specify who offered him the shots or how he was forced. In the suit, Mr. Jones says that after he had the drink, he passed out and awoke “at 4 a.m. the following morning naked with a sex worker sleeping next to him.”
According to the suit, Mr. Combs also forced Mr. Jones to “solicit sex workers and perform sex acts to the pleasure of Mr. Combs.” To induce him, Mr. Jones says, Mr. Combs offered him money and also threatened him with violence.
The 73-page lawsuit is filled with graphic details and photographs, and in addition to Mr. Combs, names as defendants the Universal Music Group — the giant music company that Mr. Combs briefly partnered with before releasing “The Love Album” — as well as some of its top executives. The lawsuit said Mr. Combs maintained control over Mr. Jones by dangling promises of accolades and access to high-level record executives.
A representative of Universal Music did not immediately have a comment.
In his suit, Mr. Jones says he was not properly paid for his work as a producer on “The Love Album,” and earlier this month he began a crowdfunding campaign online with a statement reading, “Help Me Sue Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs.” (As of Monday, it had raised less than $1,500 of a stated goal of $50,000.)

The suit by Mr. Jones is the latest in a series of explosive allegations against Mr. Combs, one of the primary figures who transformed hip-hop into a major global pop movement in the 1990s, working with stars like Mary J. Blige and the Notorious B.I.G.
In November, Casandra Ventura, who was Mr. Combs’s longtime girlfriend, and was signed to his Bad Boy label under the name Cassie, accused him of rape and years of physical and sexual abuse in a detailed lawsuit that made headlines around the world. That suit was settled in just one day, with both parties saying it had been resolved “amicably,” and a lawyer for Mr. Combs saying he denied the accusations.
Three other cases followed in quick succession, each alleging sexual assault. Mr. Combs has denied those, saying: “Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday. Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.”
Lawyers for Mr. Combs have been fighting the remaining lawsuits in court, arguing in a filing last week that a claim from a woman who says that Mr. Combs gang-raped her in 2003, when she was 17, is too old to bring in court despite the plaintiff’s argument that it was revived by an amendment to a New York City law that established a window for expired claims to be filed. The lawyers said the claim “irreparably damaged” Mr. Combs’s reputation based on “rank, uncorroborated allegations.”

or as we like to say here in Manhattan, "Monday".

Why do people who have it all thrown away everything?
From the lawsuits, it seems he's been doing this stuff for multiple decades, even before he "had it all." I'm guessing he was just really freaking good at hiding the fact he was a gigantic piece of shit. And the richer he got, the easier it got to hide until folks starting speaking up.

Just as long as Mase is not involved, everything will be right as rain.
I loved Mase back in the day, but I always had a weird feeling listening to the song I Need to Be. And now looking at the lyrics, it's kinda ****ing creepy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT