ADVERTISEMENT

Season 2: Last Chance U (Netflix)

Rustys Dad

HR Heisman
Jun 19, 2015
Des Moines
I think this is a great show. I just started episode 2 of the second season. Man, I shake my head wondering how some of these players even stay eligible at the juco level let alone D1 level ... How some of these kids got into Div 1 programs is beyond me ...

Nonetheless, a great show ... It's well done ... Thoughts? You watch it?

I finally gave Season 1 a shot a few weeks ago and finished it quickly. Was happy to see that Season 2 dropped and I'll probably start it tonight after finishing Billions last night.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
I finally gave Season 1 a shot a few weeks ago and finished it quickly. Was happy to see that Season 2 dropped and I'll probably start it tonight after finishing Billions last night.
I think Season 2 is even better ... Just like the photography ... the interviews ... It's really well done of mixing in the human element alongside football ...

Reactions: hawkifann
Amazing show. Once again the academics advisor comes off as a saint. I read that she got a job with a big time program after last year.

Amazing show. Once again the academics advisor comes off as a saint. I read that she got a job with a big time program after last year.
An article I read said she took a job in Birmingham to manage catering sales and marketing for a food chain based in Mississippi ,,, and after that didn't pan out she is now starting her own company "10 thousand pencils" ... purpose to offer academic counseling to to school and athletes across the country ... The article said she was tired of living in a town of 700 residents and she wanted more for her daughter ... and it sounds like she didn't see eye to eye with the coach ...

Anywho ... definitely an interesting show. Cheers!

Excited to see this season. Too bad it's the last one with the advisor (milftastic btw). The fight between the coach and ref last season was funny.

From what I remember of her in the 1st season it made me slightly concerned. She was a fairly attractive woman dealing with in her profession a bunch of football players who had failed at traditional D1 universities because of off the field problems. Now some of them where fine people they where just not very good in the class room. But if I remember there where some who had some run-ins with the law.

It just didn't seem like a very safe situation to me.

From what I remember of her in the 1st season it made me slightly concerned. She was a fairly attractive woman dealing with in her profession a bunch of football players who had failed at traditional D1 universities because of off the field problems. Now some of them where fine people they where just not very good in the class room. But if I remember there where some who had some run-ins with the law.

This is some damn subtle racism.

Sorry Hoosier, but why did you need this descriptor on here?

Starting Season 2. Still seems like they take no accountability for what happened last year. Listening to the schools VP say that the 2 game suspension was a bit much speaks to how out of whack their priorities are.

That MILF isn't very bright. Her business will fail. In a bigger place she might find a guy to take care of her.

She only looks hot bc everyone else in the show is so ugly. She's solid 6.5/10
Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-2.08.02-AM.png

wagner.jpg

brittany-wagner-arrives-for-the-screening-of-netflixs-last-chance-u-picture-id542903896

I've only gotten thru the first episode. No spoilers please but it feels like Buddy is just barely holding on to his composure and is likely to be back to his normal self by season's end. I'd rather the characters show their real selves anyway.

Just got through the 2nd to last episode this weekend.

I was fairly neutral about this guy as a head football coach before, but now I just don't like him. Guy looks for any excuse he can find to blow up on someone. His players, his assistants. Anything.

**SPOILERS TO FOLLOW**

He doesn't seem to be at all interested in his player's lives or well-being. I particularly don't like how he treats his RB. The guy's GF has a miscarriage and it's emotionally upsetting him, but his FB coach doesn't know. Now granted he never offered up that information but it's pretty telling to me that he doesn't feel close enough to anyone there to talk about it.

Further guy has a hurt ankle and he basically just says that he's faking it cause he doesn't want to practice. Then they put him in the game and the kid can't make a cut due to his ankle and the guy is surprised and pissed off about it. If the kid where saying he has a hurt ankle during practice but was rushing for 150 yards or something and juking defenders I would say, "yeah he's faking it." But to me it's clear he's not.

Then whenever a player gets hurt and screams in pain or something like that he gets pissed off because the "player showed weakness on the field" In Buddy Steven's world if you get broken in half during a game you are just suppose to crawl off the field with a straight face like you are the terminator or something.

He's never happy about how they are practicing. At one point they are practicing and all the assistant coaches are fine with what's going on. (And it's not like the assistants are soft on these guys.) and out strolls Buddy Stevens flipping out because they arn't practicing hard enough or something.

And not to mention that this guy loses it because a mother in the stands starts shouting out accusing the team of not watching enough film and he tries to have her kicked out of the game. Now don't get me wrong the mother was annoying but this guy wants to see himself as a big time coach and he's so thin skinned that when a fan is shouting something annoying during the game he demands to have her removed???

At another point the man is steaming mad, kicking the cameras away from him because his team is only ahead 28 to 0 at the half.

Look I know FB coaches are suppose to be tough but there is a big difference between toughness and someone who's impossible to please and he's bordering on impossible to please.

Guy pretty much gives off the feeling that it's all about him and his next JuCo national championship.

This is some damn subtle racism.

I admit you could call it that, but I'm looking at their records. There are some kids there that just don't seem to want to go to class, I'm not worried about that.

But they have a kid there who was convicted of armed robbery for example. And her job is to take and annoy these kids and bug them until they go to class. Feels like a matter of time before one loses it with her.

Oddly enough the one guy who actually had violence against women in his past I have the least concern about. Mostly because the woman he hit swung at him first (so I really freaking hate it that she gets to go on TV and play innocent victim and the media treats her like some innocent victim) and secondly because he's one of the most emotionally stable and responsible guys in the show.

always funny when they need to use subtitles when they are speaking English. My 8 year old son would do better on their homework.

I know these guys have few options but why they choose to play for that slimeball coach is beyond me. I would never send my son to play for that guy. He is the most tactless coach I have ever seen. he get unhinged over everything.

I've only gotten thru the first episode. No spoilers please but it feels like Buddy is just barely holding on to his composure and is likely to be back to his normal self by season's end. I'd rather the characters show their real selves anyway.
Amen ... He just wants to explode...

always funny when they need to use subtitles when they are speaking English. My 8 year old son would do better on their homework.

I know these guys have few options but why they choose to play for that slimeball coach is beyond me. I would never send my son to play for that guy. He is the most tactless coach I have ever seen. he get unhinged over everything.
Okay ... I thought the same thing. I had to stop and say to myself: Did i turn on sub titles? Nope, just some of the players talking

Amen ... He just wants to explode...

When they take an upset loss, he basically coaches them there. He's the anti-Ferentz.

I think it's a really interesting topic and Buddy certainly does run a football mill, but I do hope this is either the last season of the show or the last season with this team. Season 1 was an interesting immersion, but you can see in Season 2 where the show itself becomes part of the story and beyond that, the show will absolutely become a recruiting advantage.

Let me introduce you to one Bo Pelini.

Reactions: hawkifann
When they take an upset loss, he basically coaches them there. He's the anti-Ferentz.

I think it's a really interesting topic and Buddy certainly does run a football mill, but I do hope this is either the last season of the show or the last season with this team. Season 1 was an interesting immersion, but you can see in Season 2 where the show itself becomes part of the story and beyond that, the show will absolutely become a recruiting advantage.
Agree ... And good point ... I don't think a decision has been made on Season 3 but I do know Netflix announced in June it may start paring down it's streaming slate ... So who knows ... Interesting show nonetheless ...

Just finished up season two. Buddy Stephens is a steaming, fat, piece of shit. His OC has been there as long as he has and dumpyBuddy treats him like a punk in their consolation bowl.

It's funny how three of these guys (two players and the QB coach) have moved on to play for FAU. When Lane Kiffin is a bastion of sanity compared to the situation in Scooba, it's time to reexamine a few things.

Pretty good show. Worth watching.

I was surprised by the OC's (head coach in waiting) decision at the end of season 2. Even after their consolation bowl game exchange.

Pretty good show. Worth watching.

I was surprised by the OC's (head coach in waiting) decision at the end of season 2. Even after their consolation bowl game exchange.
I sure as hell wouldn't want to keep coaching under a guy I'd served for a decade after his head "walk with God" coach's fatass decided to treat me like a punk in front of everyone. He's obviously one of the stable few at that nuthouse.

The D-line coach, Williams, is another guy who ought to be snatched up by a decent program.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to keep coaching under a guy I'd served for a decade after his head "walk with God" coach's fatass decided to treat me like a punk in front of everyone. He's obviously one of the stable few at that nuthouse.

The D-line coach, Williams, is another guy who ought to be snatched up by a decent program.

I just imagine Ferentz in these situations. I think it would be like KF and half a team of DJK personalities.

Pretty sure the two players who went to FAU were out of eligibility and had no other/better offers. The coach is from Florida and FAU is a step up from JUCO. Lane Kiffin or not.

It does a very good job of depicting life at JUCO.

Lots of kids with a ton of talent but lack the maturity to do the minimum amount of work needed in the classroom.

Still I'm always happy when I hear that they have moved on to a D1 program.

I'm in the middle of Season 2, and has anyone else noticed the school logo that has been seen many times above Brittany's head on her office wall? Best shot I could find online, it's the gold card above Indiana and Tennessee...

maxresdefault.jpg

...it's only in Season 2, so it looks like Campbell cast his net down to Scoobee, MS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT