ADVERTISEMENT

Sebastian Castro is Highest Graded Returning B1G Cornerback

He’s Good!

good-boy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AckHawk80
I am very excited about another season of Higgs and Castro—which, BTW, sounds like the makings of a great action TV show, does it not?

Reactions: pink shizzle
CMC is a stud. Hope for a big year (Cuban Missile Crisis) not good but throwing it out there

I suspect Cooper DeJean was rated on top last year.
Maybe Xaiver next year?
Phil has an incredible run going of developing top-line dbacks.

Reactions: dadster
Kind of funny since he's more of a safety/lb....
I'm not going to hate (completely) on PFF because it tends to rank Michigan guys pretty high...so for chest pounding reasons I like it...but also know it is basically based on formulas that don't always reflect actual circumstances...

For example...the 5th ranked guy, on that list, is a Michigan player. Anyone wondering why you've never heard about this Hall guy? It's because he is a portal transfer that came in from Albany. He was a first team AA in the FCS and his actual stats are quite good...but if someone tried to argue he was a top 5 corner in the B10 they should not be allowed to procreate...he will play at Michigan but he wouldn't be a starter if the season started today.

On the other hand: Will Johnson is not on that list. You guys have heard of him because he is an All American candidate (iirc he was 1st team Walter Camp this past year) and was 1st team all B10 in both the coaches and media polls. Oddly enough, he was ranked by PFF as the #1 cover corner (statistically) the year prior when he only started the last 3 games of his freshman year.

So take the PFF rankings for what they are worth...with that said..anyone with eyeballs and a brain (who has seen him play) can tell Castro is a great player... he's just not a pure CB

castro reminds me of bob sanders. been a while since we (or anyone else for that matter) had near that caliber of an enforcer. great recognition but not sure he’s a true cb.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyes4sandusky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT