ADVERTISEMENT

SEC players in portal….

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
Thought some may be interested in a consolidated list…. No agenda, other than, it would have to be hard to handle the comings and going’s as a coaching staff…

On one hand it is kind of exciting, on the other hand sad, when you lose a player you really liked. I mean us as fans!

Players to Enter the Transfer Portal per SEC School:
1) Texas A&M:25
2) Florida: 19
3) Arkansas: 18
3) Mississippi: 18
5) Alabama: 15
6) LSU: 13
7) Miss St: 12
7) Vanderbilt: 12
9) Kentucky: 10
9) Auburn: 10
11) Missouri: 9
11) South Carolina: 9
13) Tennessee: 7
14) Georgia: 1

Last edited:
Revolving Door Corruption GIF by Transparency International

Those are crazy numbers. The NCAA limits football roster size to 105 with a minimum of 85. So, if you have a roster size of 100 players and lose 15 to the portal and another 10 to graduation/early entry into the NFL draft you are looking at turning over 25% of your roster annually. That's pretty wild.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Then they don't have to go. It's pretty simple. Nobody is forcing these kids either way to stay or go.
Once they enter the portal their scholarship is done. The school can hold it for them if they really want them back, but the school is under no obligation to do so. As soon as the players enters the portal the school needs to recruit their position.

Way Way out of control! How many players dont find a new home next year and wishing they never left.
A lot of them don't end up in a better situation:

According to the NCAA Transfer Portal Database, 1,427 FBS players entered the portal in calendar year 2021. Forty-two percent of those did not find a new home and 4% withdrew from the portal. Of the 54% that did manage to find a new home, 13% wound up below the FBS or even the FCS.

According to the NCAA Transfer Portal Database, 1,427 FBS players entered the portal in calendar year 2021. Forty-two percent of those did not find a new home and 4% withdrew from the portal. Of the 54% that did manage to find a new home, 13% wound up below the FBS or even the FCS.

Wow, if I’m reading that right, those are horrific numbers.

Reactions: RCHdude
Money would be better spent buying portal players.

I expect to hear Fred Hoiberger will be hosting seminars in the south very soon.

Those are crazy numbers. The NCAA limits football roster size to 105 with a minimum of 85. So, if you have a roster size of 100 players and lose 15 to the portal and another 10 to graduation/early entry into the NFL draft you are looking at turning over 25% of your roster annually. That's pretty wild.
How different is that than before though? Even with 5 years to play 4 - schools should be seeing at least 20% of their roster be done with eligibility each year.

How different is that than before though? Even with 5 years to play 4 - schools should be seeing at least 20% of their roster be done with eligibility each year.

That’s accurate, but in the case of the above schools, those are transfer outs and not counting Sr’s or early entries. That would be on top of that, right?

I expect to see a bunch of over-promising and empty promises over the next few years.

There is going to have to be some rules put in place or this is going to get even more insane than it already is.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Saw an article (no link) that some coaches are using a ‘third party’ to reach out to Mississippi Stats players to see if they want to transfer since Coach Mike L’s death.

This reminds me of a shirt that I bought the other day. It's half cotton, half polyester, and half linen.

ADVERTISEMENT