ADVERTISEMENT

See ya HORT, I don't need you peasants anymore

Funky Bunch

HR Legend
Mar 30, 2011
This is legit baby. I'm just going to travel the word

HELLO DEAR FRIEND,

MY NAME IS WARREN EDWARD BUFFETT, AN AMERICAN BUSINESS MAGNATE,
INVESTOR, AND PHILANTHROPIST. CHAIR AND CEO OF BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY.
BEEN CONSIDERED ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL INVESTORS IN THE WORD WITH
A NET WORTH OF OVER $100.6 BILLION AS OF APRIL 2021. I BELIEVE
STRONGLY IN ‘GIVING WHILE LIVING’ I HAVE ONE IDEA

THAT NEVER CHANGES IN MY MIND THAT YOU SHOULD USE YOUR WORTH TO HELP
PEOPLE AROUND THE WORD AND I HAVE DECIDED TO DONATE THIS AMOUNT
THROUGH OUR SUNSHINE
LADY HUMANITARIAN GRANTS PROGRAM TO GIVE OUT $5,500,000.00 FIVE
MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED DOLLARS, TO RANDOMLY SELECTED
INDIVIDUALS WORLDWIDE. ON
RECEIPT OF THIS EMAIL, YOU SHOULD COUNT YOURSELF AS ONE OF THE LUCKY
INDIVIDUALITY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN SELECTED ONLINE WHILE SEARCHING
AT RANDOM.

KINDLY GET BACK TO ME AT SUITABLE TIME

RECEIVER’S NAME
COUNTRY
HOME ADDRESS
PHONE NUMBER

REGARDS,
WARREN EDWARD BUFFETT

What makes it legitimate is THE ALL CAPS!
So ~20 years or so ago I worked for a year or so in an office of a BIG engineering firm....that my dad was the president of at the time. The people in the office knew I was his son but the last name threw off people visiting from other offices. One day a VP from one of the divisions was visiting us and took notice of my last name. He asked if there was any relation and I told him there was. There was a long pause...and then he asked me "hey...so when your dad sends me emails in all caps, is he yelling at me, or does he just not know email etiquette?" I looked back at him and told him the truth "Both."

So ~20 years or so ago I worked for a year or so in an office of a BIG engineering firm....that my dad was the president of at the time. The people in the office knew I was his son but the last name threw off people visiting from other offices. One day a VP from one of the divisions was visiting us and took notice of my last name. He asked if there was any relation and I told him there was. There was a long pause...and then he asked me "hey...so when your dad sends me emails in all caps, is he yelling at me, or does he just not know email etiquette?" I looked back at him and told him the truth "Both."
Nice!

I'm stepping aside on this one to let someone else enjoy good fortune. I'm currently awaiting my inheritance from the British mining engineer in Nigeria who I never knew. My check for the processing has already cleared, so any day now 🥳🥳🥳.

Reactions: ping72 and lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT