ADVERTISEMENT

Seeing what Penn State is doing in the Granddaddy of them all..

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Makes me jealous at 50 years old will I ever witness a f’ing Hawkeye Rose Bowl win? Or is this a lifetime curse? If we have any year to do it it’s coming up IMHO… in 2023… not saying it will happen but the pieces of the puzzle are coming into place slowly but surely… if we can shore up that offensive line I will feel much better along with the influx of the new receivers coming in. Should be a very interesting 2023 and I would think Iowa is a clear favorite in the BTW coming this season.

Either way GO HAWKS!

The Rose Bowl really won't be the same anymore once the playoffs expand in 2 years, since it'll always be one of the quarterfinal or semifinal games each year.

Well if the Rose Bowl is played around Dec 19th as a quarterfinal game or just around christmas as a semifinal game then the Rose Bowl could still be the Rose Bowl for high level conference finishers around new years day.

Make no mistake the people that run the Rose Bowl would love to pack that stadium twice in 1 to 2 weeks

Reactions: Bishop1971
Well if the Rose Bowl is played around Dec 19th as a quarterfinal game or just around christmas as a semifinal game then the Rose Bowl could still be the Rose Bowl for high level conference finishers around new years day.

Make no mistake the people that run the Rose Bowl would love to pack that stadium twice in 1 to 2 weeks

From the College Football Playoff website:

The first round of the playoff in 2024 will take place the week ending Saturday, December 21, at either the home field of the higher-seeded team or at another site designated by the higher-seeded institution. (No. 12 at No. 5, No. 11 at No. 6, No. 10 at No. 7, and No. 9 at No. 8.) The specific game dates, likely late in that week, will be announced later.

For the 2024 and 2025 seasons, the four quarterfinal games and two Playoff Semifinal games will be played in bowls on a rotating basis. The 2024 quarterfinals will take place in the Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl, while the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl will host the Playoff Semifinals. The 2025 quarterfinals will take place in the Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl, while the Fiesta Bowl and Peach Bowl will host the Playoff Semifinals.

From the College Football Playoff website:

The first round of the playoff in 2024 will take place the week ending Saturday, December 21, at either the home field of the higher-seeded team or at another site designated by the higher-seeded institution. (No. 12 at No. 5, No. 11 at No. 6, No. 10 at No. 7, and No. 9 at No. 8.) The specific game dates, likely late in that week, will be announced later.

For the 2024 and 2025 seasons, the four quarterfinal games and two Playoff Semifinal games will be played in bowls on a rotating basis. The 2024 quarterfinals will take place in the Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl, while the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl will host the Playoff Semifinals. The 2025 quarterfinals will take place in the Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl, while the Fiesta Bowl and Peach Bowl will host the Playoff Semifinals.
Can't wait, so much more fun than what the current system is.

Let me correct myself. The years the Rose Bowl has the semifinals in the expanded playoffs (which would be much later than January 1), and the Rose Bowl is contractually obligated to have a game on January 1, those seasons they might have a traditional Rose Bowl game.

Um, Rose Bowl is a CFP semifinal next season. Iowa isn’t playing in that game unless the ‘97 Broncos OL walks out of a time machine and enrolls at Iowa through the portal, and even that might not be enough depending on what our offensive coaches might do to them in 8 months and if we have any P-5 wide receivers on the roster…

Um, Rose Bowl is a CFP semifinal next season. Iowa isn’t playing in that game unless the ‘97 Broncos OL walks out of a time machine and enrolls at Iowa through the portal, and even that might not be enough depending on what our offensive coaches might do to them in 8 months and if we have any P-5 wide receivers on the roster…
But other than that.

They not only beat, they destroyed the Utes. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the stars all align sooner than later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT