ADVERTISEMENT

Seems like pretty lazy reporting to me

Hawksfinal4

HR MVP
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2020
Home & Away – Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, Purdue
Home Only – Indiana, Michigan State, Northwestern
Away Only – Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

Although expected, it was still bad news when Joe Wieskamp and Luka Garza decided to go play in the NBA. While this schedule was always a possibility, it was not expected, but now that it is a reality, it is also bad news. The ones who will suffer the most will not be the players on the court, but for anybody who watches the televised games as they will be constantly inundated with the rhetoric of how badly the Hawkeyes miss 2020-21 Player of the Year Luka Garza.

The reason for the constant reminder will be the result of playing Kofi Cockburn, Hunter Dickinson, Trevion Williams and Qudus Wahab as the Hawkeyes play Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, and Maryland twice each. For a team that will be starting 6’8, 215-pound Keegan Murray at center – thanks to the transfer of Jack Nunge- these are eight losses you can write down in ink.

Coach McCaffery has at most six guys who will contribute while on the court, which limits his creativity if he chooses to play Filip Rebraca at center. Rebraca can take the bigger defenders off the dribble, but as a non-threat from beyond the arc, defenders can spare some space.

The teams in which they will be competitive against are; Rutgers and Wisconsin, but as luck would have hit they hit the road to play both of them. The teams they play only at home are Ohio State and Michigan State – which are losses wherever played, and Northwestern who they should beat regardless.

The only saving grace of this schedule that prevented them from being higher on the ‘loser list’ is they will face arguably the three teams who are the least talented in the conference, and they do so twice when they play Minnesota, Penn State, and Nebraska

Home & Away – Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, Purdue

Although expected, it was still bad news when Joe Wieskamp and Luka Garza decided to go play in the NBA. While this schedule was always a possibility, it was not expected, but now that it is a reality, it is also bad news. The ones who will suffer the most will not be the players on the court, but for anybody who watches the televised games as they will be constantly inundated with the rhetoric of how badly the Hawkeyes miss 2020-21 Player of the Year Luka Garza.

The reason for the constant reminder will be the result of playing Kofi Cockburn, Hunter Dickinson, Trevion Williams and Qudus Wahab as the Hawkeyes play Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, and Maryland twice each. For a team that will be starting 6’8, 215-pound Keegan Murray at center – thanks to the transfer of Jack Nunge- these are eight losses you can write down in ink.

Coach McCaffery has at most six guys who will contribute while on the court, which limits his creativity if he chooses to play Filip Rebraca at center. Rebraca can take the bigger defenders off the dribble, but as a non-threat from beyond the arc, defenders can spare some space.

The teams in which they will be competitive against are; Rutgers and Wisconsin, but as luck would have hit they hit the road to play both of them. The teams they play only at home are Ohio State and Michigan State – which are losses wherever played, and Northwestern who they should beat regardless.

The only saving grace of this schedule that prevented them from being higher on the ‘loser list’ is they will face arguably the three teams who are the least talented in the conference, and they do so twice when they play Minnesota, Penn State, and Nebraska
Lol

Fan sided take on Iowa basketball season
[/QUOTE
Did a lazy job of reading and don’t know what the hell you are talking about.
Sorry for any confusion, I thought it was pretty self evident that I took this from an article I had read, ( my bad)
The whole article can be read at “Fan Sided”. I just took out the part that pertained to Iowa Basketball. The story contains how the author figures the Big Ten to go. Since he stated Keegan was the center and Fran only had 6 players that could contribute. I decided to basically disregard what the author has done is little to no research on The Hawks.
That’s all !

Fan sided take on Iowa basketball season
[/QUOTE
Did a lazy job of reading and don’t know what the hell you are talking about.
Sorry for any confusion, I thought it was pretty self evident that I took this from an article I had read, ( my bad)
The whole article can be read at “Fan Sided”. I just took out the part that pertained to Iowa Basketball. The story contains how the author figures the Big Ten to go. Since he stated Keegan was the center and Fran only had 6 players that could contribute. I decided to basically disregard what the author has done is little to no research on The Hawks.
That’s all !

I’ll try this one more time
I read an article today at “ Fan sided”
Are you with me so far ?
In the article this was the take about the Hawkeyes.” That Keegan Murray was going to be Iowa’s center.
The article went on to say that Fran only had 6 players that could contribute.
The article also had other teams evaluations but since it seemed to me lazy not mentioning Joh O . Or Mulvey and only 1 sentence about Rebraca I felt it was a lazy writer’s opinion. The article is at Fan Sided in case anyone wishes to read further

Reactions: Slim45 and CO_hawk
Are you with me so far ?
In the article this was the take about the Hawkeyes.” That Keegan Murray was going to be Iowa’s center.
The article also had other teams evaluations but since it seemed to me lazy not mentioning Joh O . Or Mulvey and only 1 sentence about Rebraca I felt it was a lazy writer’s opinion. The article is at Fan Sided in case anyone wishes to read further
It will be an interesting season. We fans who follow all these players closely think there is upside. Those who watch from the outside have a lot of questions about Iowa.
No, Iowa is not likely to play much Keegan Murray at center. It is not surprising for an outside person to not mention Josh Ogundele or Mulvey. Any good play Iowa gets out of either of those players this year would be a pleasant surprise. We Iowa fans would say the same if evaluating another team we knew nothing about.
Of course Iowa will have more than 6 players who could contribute. There is a question mark as to whether Iowa has more than 6 guys who will play well. That really is the question that the season will answer.

The group that has some level of play already established:
Bohannon, Keegan Murray, Patrick McCaffery, Connor McCaffery, Toussaint, Rebraca. And among that group some of the established level of play isn't all that good (Connor Mc and Toussaint specifically). Rebraca has played well at the Division I level, but he is going up in competition this year.
Then there is a bunch of guys with some upside, who just haven't done it yet:
Kris Murray, Ulis, Perkins, Ogundele, Mulvey.

I am not a negative nelly about this team. I would say there is a better than even chance the team will be better than most predict. But it doesn't mean external media hate Iowa if they don't pick the Hawks to finish in the Top 4 of the league.

I just went to Fan sided to look for it, the newest Iowa Basketball article I could find is 25 weeks old. Could you link the article?

Reactions: sydhawk
Are you with me so far ?
So your entire post was sarcasm? Seems like a long way to make a point.

Are you with me so far ?

So you read something really dumb and wanted to share it with this board, but in doing so made yourself look like a complete moron, do I have that right?

Are you with me so far ?
That clarification would have been very informative at the start.

Oh for f sake I’m saying the writer is short sighted and the Hawkeyes will finish top 4 in the B1G.
Now if that’s moronic so be it

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
giphy.gif

Let’s just cancel the season, huh? I think Iowa can surprise some of those teams, Lets go Hawks!!

Reactions: perryhawk
It will be an interesting season. We fans who follow all these players closely think there is upside. Those who watch from the outside have a lot of questions about Iowa.
No, Iowa is not likely to play much Keegan Murray at center. It is not surprising for an outside person to not mention Josh Ogundele or Mulvey. Any good play Iowa gets out of either of those players this year would be a pleasant surprise. We Iowa fans would say the same if evaluating another team we knew nothing about.
Of course Iowa will have more than 6 players who could contribute. There is a question mark as to whether Iowa has more than 6 guys who will play well. That really is the question that the season will answer.

The group that has some level of play already established:
Bohannon, Keegan Murray, Patrick McCaffery, Connor McCaffery, Toussaint, Rebraca. And among that group some of the established level of play isn't all that good (Connor Mc and Toussaint specifically). Rebraca has played well at the Division I level, but he is going up in competition this year.
Then there is a bunch of guys with some upside, who just haven't done it yet:
Kris Murray, Ulis, Perkins, Ogundele, Mulvey.

I am not a negative nelly about this team. I would say there is a better than even chance the team will be better than most predict. But it doesn't mean external media hate Iowa if they don't pick the Hawks to finish in the Top 4 of the league.

It does not mean the media hate us. The disregard us. After all we're just Iowa.

According to this graph, there are only four decent teams battling it out for the top echelon of the league and about seven of us at the bottom. I guess the trick for McCaffery and the team is to be the best of that seven and slip into the middle echelon. Given our losses in personnel, that could be quite the feat, but it wouldn't totally surprise me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT