ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT. Hulu + live tv >>>>>>> YouTube TV

I have used both and I have to agree, Hulu is far superior.

A) YouTube TV downgraded their streaming rate so 1080pi HD is not possible anymore. (pandemic related)
B) Original programming on Hulu is better.
C) Marquee network is on Hulu, not on YouTube TV.
D) And the real kicker, Hulu is $10/month cheaper than YouTube TV.

The only thing YouTube TV does better is they have unlimited DVR capabilities.

Hulu blows, I pay for no commercials and am still forced to watch commercials??? Wtf!!!
I'll try to ff through them and it'll take me back like 30 minutes, limited DVR and so on. Yttv is far superior imo and easier to use.

Ill be going back to yttv or getting cable after baseball us done.

Hulu blows, I pay for no commercials and am still forced to watch commercials??? Wtf!!!
I'll try to ff through them and it'll take me back like 30 minutes, limited DVR and so on. Yttv is far superior imo and easier to use.

I think if you want a cable service with no ads/ commercials youll end paying for that right. Seems counter productive at that point

I think if you want a cable service with no ads/ commercials youll end paying for that right. Seems counter productive at that point
My point is the continued rising prices make it almost pointless.

if YouTube hadn't gone up i would 100% be going back there after baseball.

Hulu with the DVR that is even close to YouTube makes it the same price...and it doesn't have MLB network or AMC. I'll stick to YTTV even though the pricing is getting similar to the services I left.

This is irritating, especially on their original content. But ultimately, the price tag is the issue. If I'm going to be subscribing to multiple streaming services, then I don't want to spend over $100 for TV, most of which I don't watch anyway. I'd be right there with you if YouTube TV were still cheaper.

I had to call customer service and the rep told me to stop paying for no commercials because it only applies to Hulu original content. The issue taking you back is something we had and it was solved by resetting our router. Sorry you have had a bad experience - I agree with the OP

Streaming services aren't any cheaper then satellite or cable anymore.
Sign up for the promotional pricing and switch when the price goes up. Dish/DirecTV/local cable company. Promotional pricing isn't any higher than YouTube or Hulu.

Streaming services aren't any cheaper then satellite or cable anymore.
Sign up for the promotional pricing and switch when the price goes up. Dish/DirecTV/local cable company. Promotional pricing isn't any higher than YouTube or Hulu.
The cost is getting closer I agree. The 2 year promotional satellite contract pricing can change whenever they want. I've waited a week for a tech to come out and whenever I would contact them for an issue...the full blown lying would start. Just not having to deal with them and have a contract will keep me from ever going back.

Reactions: blhawk and JJ13579
The 2-year contract is a big deal. No thanks. I loved YouTube TV until they failed to pick up the Cubs' Marquee Network . . . and, at the same time, added several useless channels and upped the price $15 a month. No thanks.

So I switched to Hulu+Live TV. But it's true that the streaming services are looking--and costing--more like cable and satellite every day. But at least with no contract you can switch services at will without paying an exorbitant fee. I would definitely consider going back to satellite if they didn't require the contract. That alone is a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: Hawkeyes19
I have used both and I have to agree, Hulu is far superior.

A) YouTube TV downgraded their streaming rate so 1080pi HD is not possible anymore. (pandemic related)
B) Original programming on Hulu is better.
C) Marquee network is on Hulu, not on YouTube TV.
D) And the real kicker, Hulu is $10/month cheaper than YouTube TV.

The only thing YouTube TV does better is they have unlimited DVR capabilities.

exactly. Original programming on Hulu us much better and rivals Netflix.

Just switched from YTTV to Hulu due to price hike. I agree with Bio....YTTV’s picture quality is not as good as it was. Hulu appears about the same.

I decided to test the IPTV waters. Here is my impression so far on the IPTV service I selected:

PROS:

Price. $9/mo, no contract, one device. Additional devices cost more, but not much.

Entertainment channels. Pretty much every US channel there is. Most in HD.

Sports channels. Again, pretty much everything. The ESPN’s. NFL Sunday Ticket. MLB. NBA. NHL. Soccer. Fox Sports. All HD.

Locals. Hundreds of local stations from across the US. Pretty much all in HD.

Movies and PPV.

24/7 channels of current and classic tv series that run on a continuous loop.

Canadian and UK entertainment, sports, movie channels etc. Also channels from around the world.

Picture quality. The HD channels are close to what YTTV and Hulu have. So far I have experienced very little buffering. Most channels start up right away. The majority of my buffering issues occur on 24/7 channels, particularly classic series.

CONS:

DVR. Doesn’t really have it. Technically can record, but since I am using a fire stick I can’t.

Picture quality. SD channels (and supposed HD channels like MeTV that are showing old SD shows/movies), and 24/7 channels that have older pre-digital programs, do NOT translate well to larger tv screens. These look terrible on my 65”, but are perfectly fine on the 32” in the bedroom. The HD sports, locals, and entertainment channels are fine.

The 24/7 channels run continuously. No option to pick a particular season or episode.

VERDICT:

Definitely worth the money. My wife and I watch very little tv, and what we do watch is primarily network programming. I have an outdoor antenna and a ChannelMaster DVR, so I’ve got those covered. I have Hulu (and previously YTTV) mainly for sports. I am probably going to cancel Hulu and just pay $9/mo for college/NFL football and college basketball.

Just switched from YTTV to Hulu due to price hike. I agree with Bio....YTTV’s picture quality is not as good as it was. Hulu appears about the same.

I decided to test the IPTV waters. Here is my impression so far on the IPTV service I selected:

PROS:

Price. $9/mo, no contract, one device. Additional devices cost more, but not much.

Entertainment channels. Pretty much every US channel there is. Most in HD.

Sports channels. Again, pretty much everything. The ESPN’s. NFL Sunday Ticket. MLB. NBA. NHL. Soccer. Fox Sports. All HD.

Locals. Hundreds of local stations from across the US. Pretty much all in HD.

Movies and PPV.

24/7 channels of current and classic tv series that run on a continuous loop.

Canadian and UK entertainment, sports, movie channels etc. Also channels from around the world.

Picture quality. The HD channels are close to what YTTV and Hulu have. So far I have experienced very little buffering. Most channels start up right away. The majority of my buffering issues occur on 24/7 channels, particularly classic series.

CONS:

DVR. Doesn’t really have it. Technically can record, but since I am using a fire stick I can’t.

Picture quality. SD channels (and supposed HD channels like MeTV that are showing old SD shows/movies), and 24/7 channels that have older pre-digital programs, do NOT translate well to larger tv screens. These look terrible on my 65”, but are perfectly fine on the 32” in the bedroom. The HD sports, locals, and entertainment channels are fine.

The 24/7 channels run continuously. No option to pick a particular season or episode.

VERDICT:

Definitely worth the money. My wife and I watch very little tv, and what we do watch is primarily network programming. I have an outdoor antenna and a ChannelMaster DVR, so I’ve got those covered. I have Hulu (and previously YTTV) mainly for sports. I am probably going to cancel Hulu and just pay $9/mo for college/NFL football and college basketball.

which IPTV service provider do you use?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT