ADVERTISEMENT

Senator claims bipartisan gun deal

Again, Democrats have large majorities of the public on their side on this issue but absolutely refuse to even attempt to do anything other than the bare minimum they can get Republicans to go along with.

Losers.
Ignorance, pure and simple. The majority of the public does not translate to 60 votes in the Senate.

These people must’ve been something as kids.
I don’t want a small ice cream cone I only want the big one!!!!
Oh sure, you were done with me until you thought Riley had given you an out.
Again, the problem with this bill is that it's the end, it's not a start.

Democrats, who control the Congress and the Presidency are telling the vast majority of Americans that support much tougher gun control laws that this thin gruel of nothing is the best that they can do. It's horrible, horrible substantively and horrible messaging. Vote for us, and this is the best you're gonna get. It's the start "potentially" of incremental change, they're such lame losers.

Democrats obviously have no plans at all to build on this because since Uvalde they have shown none of the fire, ruthlessness, relentlessness, energy and urgency that will be necessary to enact real change. The only passion I've seen from a Democrat was Chris Murphy telling Joe Biden to stay out of this so he could manufacture with his Republican pals this bullshit bill. Imagine what the Democrats might be able to accomplish if they brought the same level of ruthlessness to issues like gun control that the Republicans do with complete bullshit like CRT?

It's infuriating. Again, what would make anyone think that this bill is the start of any kind of change? And why with the public supporting the Dems with huge majorities on these issues are we talking about incremental change anyway? Again, losers. Fight.

It sucks I have to look to Republicans (whether Lynn Cheney or guys like this) for examples of political courage and will these days. Dems are looking to give up without even attempting to fight.

I think you'll be surprised by the Republican support.

Says the guy arguing the semantics of the gun used in the most recent shooting, a day or two after the incident.

Quick observation from my end. I find it very interesting your softer stance on transgender people, than most others here. I assume because your child is one? It's funny how people can change their outlook on something when it hits them really close to home.

I hope you never have to face the reality of the parents in Sandy Hook and Uvalde school shootings, have to face every day. I bet your ass if you did, you wouldn't be on here arguing about a semi-automatic vs an automatic shooting style. Support is a relative term I guess

Reactions: jasonrann
Says the guy arguing the semantics of the gun used in the most recent shooting, a day or two after the incident.

Quick observation from my end. I find it very interesting your softer stance on transgender people, than most others here. I assume because your child is one? It's funny how people can change their outlook on something when it hits them really close to home.

I hope you never have to face the reality of the parents in Sandy Hook and Uvalde school shootings, have to face every day. I bet your ass if you did, you wouldn't be on here arguing about a semi-automatic vs an automatic shooting style. Support is a relative term I guess
Fred I hope no one ever has to face that reality ever again, but I'm not arguing semantics, I'm suggesting that we don't waist all of our time on pointless regulations. I'm sure the people of New York were convinced they were doing the right thing by redefining assault rifles and banning them. The problem was, there was no change to the function of the rifle. It fires the same round at the same rate, it's not going to be safer. It' not going to affect the outcome.

Question. Would this bill have prevented Sandy Hook? The shooter had a history of mental illness but I believe his mom bought the guns for him as a hobby.

Question. Would this bill have prevented Sandy Hook? The shooter had a history of mental illness but I believe his mom bought the guns for him as a hobby.
This is why passing these red flag laws and expanded background checks is very very important

We already have penalties for straw purchases. I have no clue why we aren't using them. That's something I've never understood.

On of the biggest problems we have right now is selective enforcement of current law,.. very troublesome.

Reactions: Gimmered
thanks I didn’t realize that. what are the penalties, or does it vary from state to state?
It's actually prosecuted so little I can't tell you. It's crazy we have laws to discourage this but they are so ignored people will brag about it on social media. It shows the punishment is 10 years in jail and a $250,000 fine.
I remember one case where a Son used his law enforcement discount to buy a gun cheaper for his Dad, we enforced that one. Girlfriends buying guns for their gangbanger boyfriends? Not so much.

Hopefully we end up with automatic federal charges for this.

Nothing says completely broken political system more than this type of "compromise" bill that does next to nothing to prevent another Uvalde .
This would have stopped Uvalde from happening. He bight the gun and went to the school on its last day. With this law he would have had to wait and school would have ended for the summer by the time he got it. Seems like that would have been a good thing. No?

This is why passing these red flag laws and expanded background checks is very very important
I guess my real question does the new bill try to prevent parents from buying guns for their kids (or kids from using their parents guns)? The Sandy Hook shooter's mom bought him the guns as a hobby. He had mental health issues so he probably wouldn't have been able to buy the guns himself (under this current bill).

Last edited:
I guess my real question does the new bill try to prevent parents from buying guns for their kids (or kids from using their parents guns)? The Sandy Hook shooter's mom bought him the guns as a hobby. He had mental health issues so he probably wouldn't have been able to buy the guns himself (under this current bill).
I’m not sure, I would need to read the bill in full but I would assume no. Now let’s say they did then the parent should get what’s coming to them imo. You buy it and give it as a present to your kid who should have been flagged then you should also get a heavy penalty.

Reactions: RileyHawk and hwk23
This would have stopped Uvalde from happening. He bight the gun and went to the school on its last day. With this law he would have had to wait and school would have ended for the summer by the time he got it. Seems like that would have been a good thing. No?
He would have bought the gun a few days sooner. He still would have been there. Making 21 legal age for him to purchase might have stopped him.
This bill sucks. It’s designed to do nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT