ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Nationals!

So I guess that leaves just the guys with Eligibility left which doesn’t explain why Eierman is competing and no one else. Would think the guys would want all the freestyle Experience they can get.

I’d think someone like Marinelli or Cassiopi would want a shot at an Olympic redshirt. Maybe they use it, maybe not. But with all the uncertainty in life right now I’d like to have one in my pocket just in case.

I’ve said multiple times the card is fantastic. But they missed on 57kg match.

Actually...i haven't seen anywhere that you've posted the card is fantastic. In fact, you don't mention anything about the card, just specifically a comment about Lugo's match being easy, and your disappointment in Tom Brands and the HWC. You throw out some big names as potential opponents but lack the comprehension of reciprocity angle that they have to accept the match also. I don't see where you have called out any of those athletes for ducking Lee, who is the #1 and they should want to wrestle him.

HWC Thread:

Easy win for Lugo.
What a damn let down....They had every opportunity to take this card from good to amazing 🔥🔥🔥 How'd I know Brands would screw this up somehow.
We didn’t have high expectations. We have high expectations and f Lee and the Hawks. This is a joke. It’s Brands protecting his boy again. This is what will keep Lee from being great. He doesn’t let Spencer go to the biggest tournaments. He doesn’t let him wrestle the biggest competition.
Not at all. Since then he hasn’t let the Lee free and you know it! It’s ridiculous. He had so many options and he chose this slouch? GTFOH
This pisses me off. It’s a joke of a match. Hell Clark vs. Lee would have been better! Here come the, “Brands ducks competition” birds! I’m sick of it.
Ahhhh. I was hoping someone would bring this up. Yes, he wrestled senior nationals with literally none of the top 57kg guys there. You’re right though that’s what we want for Lee!
He could have had RBY, Miccic, Colon, Gillman, Gross, or Vito again. Any of those would have been better than this no name. What a joke. Gillman is laughing right now.
Lee was one of the last to sign up. Bet Brands scoped the competition.
It’s nice to know everyone on this forum Is a cupcake, just like this matchup. You can all dish out disses lickety split, but can’t take a little bit of truth from a true fan, who only wants best for the Hawkeye wrestlers.
I’m not throwing a tantrum. I’m letting my disappointment be known and defending myself against the losers on this forum. Big difference.
Tom Brands is a party pooper in this scenario.
As I’ve stated, neither do you clown. What would they gain?! Are you joking?! They would have an opportunity to take out the best! I am grateful to watch Spence, but I guarantee he ain’t doin backflips or cartwheels with this announcement. Everyone’s laughing at this announcement. it ain’t just me, bud.
Okay clown, I never said I wasn’t buying the event or going to support the HWC. I’m disappointed in the match up for Spencer. It could have been much better is all I’m saying. And I’m willing to bet the Hawks don’t sign up for Senior Nationals.
Do you know how to read?? I’m not saying I had any knowledge of who they were looking at and neither do you. This could have been there #1 choice for all that you know with your big ol brain.
I have every right to state my ideas and thoughts just like all of you. I would like to see proof from you? I’ve already stated I have no proof. Just an observation. That has happened before.
Exactly and you wanna say Sanders has a chance against Lee?! You’re the joke, just like this match. Sanders won’t last 2 minutes with Lee. Yeah, there were NCAA champs in the bracket, but he wrestled two one time Champs. 🙄 Big whoop. And no Tom is the one ducking guys he runs that program not Lee. And no Lee didn’t “Have to” *wrestle senior nationals* to qualify, because at that time there were still NCAA’s. It’s good to know you think so little of Lee to think this will even be remotely competitive.

SR Nationals Thread:

Ridiculous, and in our own back yard too...
Lol okay Novak, give me his number?
These were two different topics. And I do have every right to criticize and be disappointed with any decision made by Tom Brands and the Hawkeye wrestling club. “You keep saying trust them this is why we’re on top.” Well ya know how you stay on top Novak? By wrestling and putting our kids on the mat. You’re the guy who’s in charge of this club and you can’t take some criticism?? I’m disappointed in you most of all. What a joke.

Hijacker: hi·jack·er
a person who takes over an organization or activity and uses it for a different purpose.

51399748-one-of-the-two-heavy-armed-lebanese-chiite-moslem-gunmen.jpg.CROP.promo-large2.jpg

Reactions: Grip220
I was kinda surprised that Moody wasn’t seeded. He won the 2018 UWW Junior Nationals. I’m not sure about the freestyle credentials of some of these others.

Actually...i haven't seen anywhere that you've posted the card is fantastic. In fact, you don't mention anything about the card, just specifically a comment about Lugo's match being easy, and your disappointment in Tom Brands and the HWC. You throw out some big names as potential opponents but lack the comprehension of reciprocity angle that they have to accept the match also. I don't see where you have called out any of those athletes for ducking Lee, who is the #1 and they should want to wrestle him.

HWC Thread:

SR Nationals Thread:
I literally started my post with, “The card is good????”

I was kinda surprised that Moody wasn’t seeded. He won the 2018 UWW Junior Nationals. I’m not sure about the freestyle credentials of some of these others.
2018 Junior Open was too long ago, and it isn't considered a senior level event so anyone winning juniors (but not Junior trials) is not going to get much credit, deserved or not. After looking at the seeds there isn't anyone that shouldn't be seeded ahead of Moody.

Reactions: PrairieHawk24
2018 Junior Open was too long ago, and it isn't considered a senior level event so anyone winning juniors (but not Junior trials) is not going to get much credit, deserved or not. After looking at the seeds there isn't anyone that shouldn't be seeded ahead of Moody.
I get what you’re saying, but they 100% took age-level results into account for seeding. Kollin Moore hasn’t wrestled freestyle since 2017 and is the 3-seed over Gadson.
I believe it’s been since 2018 since Hidlay has wrestled freestyle as well.

Last edited:
I get what you’re saying, but they 100% took age-level results into account for seeding. Kollin Moore hasn’t wrestled freestyle since 2017 and is the 3-seed over Gadson.

Moore beat Gadson at last years US Open in the semis.

Reactions: PrairieHawk24

In 2018 Moore was a Silver medalist at the U23 World Championships. He also competed in the World Team Trials Challenge Tournament in May of 2019 (Ft. Worth Senior Nationals last December already mentioned). Both Hidlays were actively competing in age level freestyle WTT etc. and Senior WTT.

Information that would have been helpful a week and a half ago to use senior nationals as out WTT and get more guys there.

Reactions: honkey69
Don't get too excited. Just because they hold the tournament, doesn't mean we're going to send a team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT