ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Nationals!

Normally, Iowa guys wait until right before but it sure would suck to have this in our backyard and only a few go. The problem with the tourney is that there is nothing in it for them...last year it was a qualifier.
Nothing in it for them? A chance to compete against quality competition, a chance to be a US Senior National Champ, for some a chance to qualify for an Olympic redshirt. I believe there is more than plenty in it for them. Not many other events happening this year to have a chance to go out and compete and improve yourself.

Nothing in it for them? A chance to compete against quality competition, a chance to be a US Senior National Champ, for some a chance to qualify for an Olympic redshirt. I believe there is more than plenty in it for them. Not many other events happening this year to have a chance to go out and compete and improve yourself.

Other than I don't believe it is a qualifier for a Trials spot (O Redshirt), I agree. I have tickets...I want them all to show up along with all the elite guys from other colleges. Just saying, we might not see even the level of brackets from U.S. Nationals last year. Hope I am very wrong.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
Sure hope we get to see some of the guys from the club we donate to every month. Especially since it’s in our backyard!

sounds like today's the last day for registration... I really hope there's a lot more folks in and out of the HWC planning on entering. As of right now, I still don't plan on using my tickets.

Snyder is wrestling at least. I’ll take what I can get it’s been a long off season lol

Such a shame to have this in our backyard with a bunch of Hawk fans buying tickets to the event only to have the home team not show up. I’m sure they have their reasons, but from a fans perspective, this sucks.
Agreed we keep supportin them with donations and then the no shows when we get a chance to watch is frustrating holding on to a slim hope that there will be some late registrations.

Reactions: pumpdog20
sounds like today's the last day for registration... I really hope there's a lot more folks in and out of the HWC planning on entering. As of right now, I still don't plan on using my tickets.
Last day to register for seeding. It looks like you can register up until 7:00 PM Friday for men's free.

Last day to register for seeding. It looks like you can register up until 7:00 PM Friday for men's free.
Article out on Hawkeye sports that Eierman and Moody will be competing this weekend.So I don't expect any late additions

Guys/Gals,

Lots of thought, meetings, conversations etc. Go into this.

I can agree with disappointment. .. but to say you donate $$ with an expectation is tough for me.

These coaches do what they think is best...and it's not a one sided conversation. Please trust our staff.

A couple of our guys had opportunity com e up for several matches that pay them very well and truly test them against great competition.

Others might not be in great health or dinged up

The fact is coaches know WAY more then we do...

The staff has worked hard and smart to get us back on top .I trust their judgement. I hope you do as well.

Thanks for your support.. #gohawks

Vml.gif

<<Ridiculous, and in our own back yard too... >>

I would love for you to tell this to Brands--
Come on dude. It's a fan forum. He has every right to be disappointed in the turnout. When you host something like this, it's implied that you show up for it. This is beneath you.

Reactions: VansontheMoon44
<<Come on dude. It's a fan forum. He has every right to be disappointed in the turnout. When you host something like this, it's implied that you show up for it. This is beneath you. >>

I am 100% fine with anyone saying they are disappointed-- He goes way past that.. But you are probably correct--I shouldnt respond at all. And wont on this subject anymore.

"Ridiculous"-- in regards to Sr Nationals

"What a damn let down....They had every opportunity to take this card from good to amazing 🔥🔥🔥 How'd I know Brands would screw this up somehow. "--in Regards to Spencer matchup.

"This is a joke. It’s Brands protecting his boy again. This is what will keep Lee from being great. He doesn’t let Spencer go to the biggest tournaments. He doesn’t let him wrestle the biggest competition."

"he hasn’t let the Lee free and you know it! It’s ridiculous. He had so many options and he chose this slouch? GTFOH "

"This pisses me off. It’s a joke of a match. Hell Clark vs. Lee would have been better! Here come the, “Brands ducks competition” birds! I’m sick of it. "

"He could have had RBY, Miccic, Colon, Gillman, Gross, or Vito again. Any of those would have been better than this no name. What a joke. Gillman is laughing right now "

"Lee was one of the last to sign up. Bet Brands scoped the competition "--in regards to last year SR nationals

"Yeah he’s fine getting competition for everyone else, but “his boy.” And Lugo is definitely favored over Kolodzik. "

<<Come on dude. It's a fan forum. He has every right to be disappointed in the turnout. When you host something like this, it's implied that you show up for it. This is beneath you. >>

I am 100% fine with anyone saying they are disappointed-- He goes way past that.. But you are probably correct--I shouldnt respond at all. And wont on this subject anymore.

"Ridiculous"-- in regards to Sr Nationals

"What a damn let down....They had every opportunity to take this card from good to amazing 🔥🔥🔥 How'd I know Brands would screw this up somehow. "--in Regards to Spencer matchup.

"This is a joke. It’s Brands protecting his boy again. This is what will keep Lee from being great. He doesn’t let Spencer go to the biggest tournaments. He doesn’t let him wrestle the biggest competition."

"he hasn’t let the Lee free and you know it! It’s ridiculous. He had so many options and he chose this slouch? GTFOH "

"This pisses me off. It’s a joke of a match. Hell Clark vs. Lee would have been better! Here come the, “Brands ducks competition” birds! I’m sick of it. "

"He could have had RBY, Miccic, Colon, Gillman, Gross, or Vito again. Any of those would have been better than this no name. What a joke. Gillman is laughing right now "

"Lee was one of the last to sign up. Bet Brands scoped the competition "--in regards to last year SR nationals

"Yeah he’s fine getting competition for everyone else, but “his boy.” And Lugo is definitely favored over Kolodzik. "
These were two different topics. And I do have every right to criticize and be disappointed with any decision made by Tom Brands and the Hawkeye wrestling club. “You keep saying trust them this is why we’re on top.” Well ya know how you stay on top Novak? By wrestling and putting our kids on the mat. You’re the guy who’s in charge of this club and you can’t take some criticism?? I’m disappointed in you most of all. What a joke.

These were two different topics. And I do have every right to criticize and be disappointed with any decision made by Tom Brands and the Hawkeye wrestling club. “You keep saying trust them this is why we’re on top.” Well ya know how you stay on top Novak? By wrestling and putting our kids on the mat. You’re the guy who’s in charge of this club and you can’t take some criticism?? I’m disappointed in you most of all. What a joke.
Easy to criticize and complain nonstop when you have zero skin in the game. you have zero responsibility or fallout for any of this and you are calling someone else a disppointment? HWC just put together a spectacular event and all you do is bitch.

Novakht,

Any idea why no fans at the HWC event and yet they are going to allow the same arena to be half full for Senior Nationals? I am assuming it has to do with some governing body over the HWC not allowing fans. Or was this a more local decision?

I’m not being critical - just wondering. No fans seems excessive. Half full 3 day indoor event seems semi-reckless.

<<Any idea why no fans at the HWC event and yet they are going to allow the same arena to be half full for Senior Nationals? I am assuming it has to do with some governing body over the HWC not allowing fans. Or was this a more local decision? >>

Senior Nationals is a USA Wrestling event--they call the shots and worked with Coralville hard to make sure fans were allowed.

The HWC Showdown is an HWC event-- but we had to work VERY closely with the University to be able to have collegiate athletes be able to compete-- and strict rules like this were agreed to.

Novakht,

Any idea why no fans at the HWC event and yet they are going to allow the same arena to be half full for Senior Nationals? I am assuming it has to do with some governing body over the HWC not allowing fans. Or was this a more local decision?

I’m not being critical - just wondering. No fans seems excessive. Half full 3 day indoor event seems semi-reckless.

Brands also talked about this topic in his interview with Klingman.(edited video starts with that same question)

Reactions: Jackhawk87
A couple of our guys had opportunity com e up for several matches that pay them very well and truly test them against great competition.
Agreed assuming we talking Brooks and Lugo. Although other participants on those same cards are competing in Senior Nationals also

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT