ADVERTISEMENT

OCT 14 VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY OF THE "Official" 1ST Practice. Check out the Sep 23 Practice Photos. Nunge is FULLY CLEARED & Practiced on Oct 14

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
OCT 14 UPDATE:

Check this out & watch:

Here is a 1st Practice photo gallery.

LINK:

ORIGINAL POST:

Here are Sep 23 Practice Photos.

Do you like my...I mean, do you like Fran's face covering? ;)

Other than the fact that we look extremely FAST, what stands out to you as you look at the full photo gallery, which is here:

A couple of those pictures:

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMDkvZDc1MDJlZDEtMjAyMDA5MjNfaW93YW1lbnNiYXNrZXRiYWxscHJhY3RpY2UwMTMuanBn.png

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMDkvZDJiMzVkZjYtMjAyMDA5MjNfaW93YW1lbnNiYXNrZXRiYWxscHJhY3RpY2UwMDMuanBn.png

Last edited:
Reactions: H4wkfan4life
General speculation/thoughts.....The recovery of JBO-PMac-Jack N are a few of the keys to this early point in the season. If those guys are all full speed that's a big deal.

When Josh O get's in shape and has some time to find his groove the coaches will be able to see if he can contribute this season in some relief minutes.

I think that the high expectations should and will contribute to the intensity in practice and for preparation in general.....they know that other teams will be aiming for them and that, as talented and experienced as they are, they will have to play at peak efficiency to achieve what they want to achieve this season.

Fran was speculating in the recent podcast that the schedule outside of the B10 was going to be pretty tough...though he did say they might still hold their own tournament.

This will be an exciting next couple of months.

Joe is ripped, Patrick and Joe are more filled out and Nunge looks stronger. Perkins looks ready physically to play in the BIG. Will be an interesting year for sure.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
[QUOTE="perryhawk, post: 8116835, member: 9706"
Fran was speculating in the recent podcast that the schedule outside of the B10 was going to be pretty tough...though he did say they might still hold their own tournament.
[/QUOTE]

Interesting. When will they release the schedule?

[QUOTE="perryhawk, post: 8116835, member: 9706"

Interesting. When will they release the schedule?
[/QUOTE]

I don't know and he didn't say.....I'm guessing that they are working feverishly to see what they can put together and that there are several things in the works that won't allow them to release a schedule for a while yet.

Can someone name these players for me? I know the starters from last year, but subs and new guys - not. Thanks.
I went to the Hawk roster and there are no pics.

from L to R:

Perkins, Pat, Murray (not sure which one), JT, Baer?, Ulis, Ogundele, Frederick, JBo, Garza, Joe, Ash?, 2nd Murray, Nunge

Reactions: r448chlpo
from L to R:

Perkins, Pat, Murray (not sure which one), JT, Baer?, Ulis, Ogundele, Frederick, JBo, Garza, Joe, Ash?, 2nd Murray, Nunge
It's going to be difficult to discern the two Murray boys. One is a lefty, the other righty. That's all I know.

Reactions: iamia

Other than the fact that we look extremely FAST, what stands out to you as you look at the full photo gallery, which is here:

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMDkvZDc1MDJlZDEtMjAyMDA5MjNfaW93YW1lbnNiYXNrZXRiYWxscHJhY3RpY2UwMTMuanBn.png

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMDkvZDJiMzVkZjYtMjAyMDA5MjNfaW93YW1lbnNiYXNrZXRiYWxscHJhY3RpY2UwMDMuanBn.png

Is Jack Nunge back to full participation again? He looks like a beast out there. We'll need him to take over for Garza next year, but we also need him to take a big step forward this year with development.

Reactions: perryhawk
pretty sure he is cleared for all activities

Any reports on the freshmen? I know it's early. Most of the focus is on the upperclassmen this year, but haven't heard much about the new guys. Hopefully, they'll embrace the opportunity of this season and be ready to lead the program forward next year.

Jack is now in his 4th year here at Iowa. And has 3 years of eligibility right now (redshirt year and then a medical redshirt last year). So if this is a covid year that doesn't actually count? Then could he still have 3 more years of eligibility and end up a 7th year senior? He could be here longer than Jess Settles!

Can you say free med school?

Jack is now in his 4th year here at Iowa. And has 3 years of eligibility right now (redshirt year and then a medical redshirt last year). So if this is a covid year that doesn't actually count? Then could he still have 3 more years of eligibility and end up a 7th year senior? He could be here longer than Jess Settles!

Please god no.

Reactions: Bee93

That would be awesome....a guy with his size and ability having that much experience and physical maturity would be a tremendous benefit to this team. Add in the fact that he’s a great student AND citizen.....no brainer.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Here are Sep 23 Practice Photos.

These dudes can play b-ball with a mask but many people can't sit still with a mask on,?

Hmmm :)

Why do you think he will be a stud?
Age, size, good shooting, facing Garza in practice. After a year off he started slow but had a double double right before tearing up his knee. And he had to have practiced good because after a year off Fran thought enough of him to start. I just think if he gets the rust off, stays healthy he could be really good.

ADVERTISEMENT