ADVERTISEMENT

Series recommendations needed

artradley

HR Legend
Apr 26, 2013
Just finished The Americans, and now we’re looking another series where either a)each season stands alone (ie: Fargo) or the entire show is complete (ie: Breaking Bad.)

Thoughts?

Justified
The Killing
The Shield
The Wire
Homeland
True Detective
The West Wing
Silicon Valley
Game of Thrones

All of these. Sopranos.

Obviously Breaking Bad if you haven't... let's see what else:

Mad Men
Hell on Wheels
Veep
The Leftovers
Entourage (it's better than you think it should be)

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
Ted Lasso is perhaps my favorite show ever made. It’s perfect. I enjoyed it just as much as Breaking Bad, but I wasn’t exhausted after each episode

Reactions: LesClaypool
Ted Lasso is perhaps my favorite show ever made. It’s perfect. I enjoyed it just as much as Breaking Bad, but I wasn’t exhausted after each episode
I can’t believe that a fake commercial could launch such a fantastic series. But I’m with you. It’s absolutely great!

Just finished The Americans, and now we’re looking another series where either a)each season stands alone (ie: Fargo) or the entire show is complete (ie: Breaking Bad.)

Thoughts?

Patriot is the best series ever. 2 seasons.

• Love
Reactions: ping72
Ted Lasso (on Apple TV)

It’s so good.

Ted Lasso, Dave, Always Sunny, Barry, You’re the Worst, Kim’s Convenience and Schitt’s Creek are the best comedies on tv at the moment. Mythic Quest also on Apple is just outside of that grouping.

I'm watching Homeland now. It's similar to, but not as good as, the Americans.

Everything involving Carrie’s mental disease and her kid are a 1/10. Everything involving literally anything other than those two things are a 10/10. So it’s a tough series to recommend. The highs are really great but the lows in the series are terrible.

Thoughts?

Definitely check out Banshee. The show finished up but it was great while it was on. Great acting, amazing fight and gun battle sequences, high grade T&A and the writing was excellent. It is a really underappreciated show just like Spartacus which similarly hit all four key areas strong.

Reactions: GES4
Ted Lasso, Dave, Always Sunny, Barry, You’re the Worst, Kim’s Convenience and Schitt’s Creek are the best comedies on tv at the moment. Mythic Quest also on Apple is just outside of that grouping.
As an aside, I finally caught Greyhound on AppleTV. I remembered your rec and also really liked it. Normally that much CGI bothers me but it was well done and actually worked well.

Reactions: FSUTribe76

Thoughts?

Here are the top 13 I always recommend. If you haven’t seen them, go in order.

Breaking Bad
Deadwood
Goliath
Sneaky Pete
Tin Star
Handmaidens Tale
Better Call Saul
The Boys
Bosch
The Last Kingdom
The Outsider
Ozark
Patriot

Everything involving Carrie’s mental disease and her kid are a 1/10. Everything involving literally anything other than those two things are a 10/10. So it’s a tough series to recommend. The highs are really great but the lows in the series are terrible.

Homeland would have been so much better if she didn't have a kid and her only mental illness was liking meaningless sex with strangers.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Yellowstone is the best series since Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul. Mindhunter is right there too.

Edit to add True Detective season 1. Season 3 was solid too. I’d recommend skipping season 2.

ADVERTISEMENT