ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Party Potatoes Question

No. At least stop at Hy-Vee and get the 7 layer dip and tortilla chips.
I'd get meat if I was stopping by Hy Vee for something. But I'd hate to put out any effort that encouraged potlucks. When I invite people over, I take care of them. I expect the same when you invite me. If I have to both drive and cook I might as well stay home. When you throw a gathering, provide.

That stuff isn't too bad actually. Occasionally it'll show up at our work potlucks. I usually partake in a little bit.

It's good, but of course homemade is better (and it's easy to make). It's certainly better than a jar of salsa.

Sure did, and it was gone in about 5 minutes. I know what my co-workers like.
You see McLovin that is my point. You were a nice guy and then got shit on. Next time, bring enough breakfast pizza for yourself and chips for party potatoes girl. ;)

Chip guy is totally redeemed if he brings something good like a bag of these:

ruffles-all-dressed-300.jpg

Alright, so I'm a big fan of party potatoes. Love em. For about the last week, we've been planning to have a potluck sort of thing at work today. One girl (no pic) was bragging about her party potatoes all week. How delicious they are, and how everyone that has ever had them, love them. So I'm thinking I'm going to get some fantastic party potatoes today.

Wellllll, said girl brings them in, so I go and get a couple scoops. She basically made instant mashed potatoes, and melted cheddar cheese on top. That was it. I'm talking about the kind of potatoes you make by mixing friggin water with it. Now when I think of party potatoes, I think of hashbrowns (Or dice potatoes) mixed with some sort of cheddar, sour cream, sauce type stuff. I know a lot of people will use cream of chicken or cream of mushroom with it. That's fantastic.

So the question to the board is, can what she made be considered party potatoes? Or anything with mashed potatoes be considered party potatoes? I feel like she's just trying to jazz up a BS instant potato dish that you'd make for a child. Anyways, I feel cheated/rant.
You live in Iowa? I have seen party potatoes that had mashed in them, but instant?!? NO WAY!

Reactions: unIowa
There are potluck support groups out there man. Get some help. Its damned foolish to think you can just "get over it" Im sorry to use that language but I care. Remember..Healing doesnt mean the damage never existed. It just means the damage no longer controls our lives.
#McLovinStrong

Reactions: hawkedoff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT