ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question for the desecrations…

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
First off, if you opened this thread, congratulations on a big first step toward self awareness.

Second, as I sit on the porcelain throne taking my good morning dump, a thought occurred to me that I think is…meritorious.

Suppose it had been Hillary Clinton’s crib that had been raided by the FBI yesterday. Would that still be outrageous, Gestapo-like, and a giant leap toward a banana republic, or would it be a long-overdue, well-reasoned and judicious use of law enforcement?

Okay, Trump chumps. What say you? 🤔

It’s gonna be crickets, BGB.
Unprecedented. Trump’s presidency. TWICE impeached and now for the first time, he has his home “searched” for documents showing he broke the law. Never before....but there has always been talk here about the Clinton crime family...seems that America really does have a REAL crime family headquartered in south Florida. My President’s response.....”Lock and load.”

First off, if you opened this thread, congratulations on a big first step toward self awareness.

Second, as I sit on the porcelain throne taking my good morning dump, a thought occurred to me that I think is…meritorious.

Suppose it had been Hillary Clinton’s crib that had been raided by the FBI yesterday. Would that still be outrageous, Gestapo-like, and a giant leap toward a banana republic, or would it be a long-overdue, well-reasoned and judicious use of law enforcement?

This is what I think....

If Hillary's residence was searched by the FBI the D's would be screaming about over reach, unchecked power and fascism. R's would be saying it was a long-overdue, well-reasoned and judicious use of law enforcement.

Basically the inverse of what we're seeing now.....just where we're at unfortunately.

Hopefully the FBI found what they're looking for or things will get much worse.....Biden's residence will be searched for Hunter Biden documents in 2025......

This is what I think....

If Hillary's residence was searched by the FBI the D's would be screaming about over reach, unchecked power and fascism. R's would be saying it was a long-overdue, well-reasoned and judicious use of law enforcement.

Basically the inverse of what we're seeing now.....just where we're at unfortunately.

Hopefully the FBI found what they're looking for or things will get much worse.....Biden's residence will be searched for Hunter Biden documents in 2025......

TBH, if, during the FBI investigation of Hillary (which actually happened) they found evidence which lead them to believe that her office/residence still contained incriminating material/documents, I would think it a dereliction of duty if the DIDN'T request and execute a search warrant. They didn't.

I the case of Trump, we know for a fact he and/or his staff removed documents that shouldn't have been removed and that they had been taken to MAL. Given Trump's honesty his entire life, it can be assumed then when they turned those over, that they weren't forthcoming in turning "everything" over, which was likely discovered in the review and tracking of the returned documents. In addition, we know he doesn't really understand or care about proper handling of classified material.

That's what likely lead to the search warrant, which means the cult's complaints would be completely unjustified.

TBH, if, during the FBI investigation of Hillary (which actually happened) they found evidence which lead them to believe that her office/residence still contained incriminating material/documents, I would think it a dereliction of duty if the DIDN'T request and execute a search warrant. They didn't.

I the case of Trump, we know for a fact he and/or his staff removed documents that shouldn't have been removed and that they had been taken to MAL. Given Trump's honesty his entire life, it can be assumed then when they turned those over, that they weren't forthcoming in turning "everything" over, which was likely discovered in the review and tracking of the returned documents. In addition, we know he doesn't really understand or care about proper handling of classified material.

That's what likely lead to the search warrant, which means the cult's complaints would be completely unjustified.

Shhhh with your logic. @binsfeldcyhawk2 is mostly a, "both sides" guy.

Clinton Foundation is next, yo.... 😉

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder

Didn't turn everything over.
Hid stuff.

So, what info was in the documents he hid pertaining to?
Saudis, and "loans"/investments made to Kushner, perhaps?

Russia, Russia, Russia?

Reactions: ericram and Torg
I do not identify myself as an R or a D. I'm an independent voter that tries to vote for the best candidate. Lately, I have been holding my nose a lot when I vote.

I am still surprised that more people don't feel the way I do. Why do so many people rush to defend a person just because they are affiliated with a certain party or because you voted for them? Especially after sooooo many elected officials have let us down by committing crimes or walked right up to the edge of a crime? I don't get it.

I also don't believe in the Deep State. It's absurd to think there is some sort of shadow government that actually runs the country from behind the scenes.

Most of these politicians are scheming douche bags - even the ones that are "clean".

I have much more faith in the Justice Department than I do in any politician or political party. If they think they need to do something to investigate a crime, I am MUCH more likely to believe it is justified than I would defend the howling politicians that think it's a "witch hunt".

Donald Trump is a criminal. Even if you support the turd, how can you deny that? I don't want him to be investigated, tried and convicted because he is a Republican - I hope they tear his life apart because he is a criminal.

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

LOOK OVER THERE! HUNTER BIDEN!

I do not identify myself as an R or a D. I'm an independent voter that tries to vote for the best candidate. Lately, I have been holding my nose a lot when I vote.

I am still surprised that more people don't feel the way I do. Why do so many people rush to defend a person just because they are affiliated with a certain party or because you voted for them? Especially after sooooo many elected officials have let us down by committing crimes or walked right up to the edge of a crime? I don't get it.

I also don't believe in the Deep State. It's absurd to think there is some sort of shadow government that actually runs the country from behind the scenes.

Most of these politicians are scheming douche bags - even the ones that are "clean".

I have much more faith in the Justice Department than I do in any politician or political party. If they think they need to do something to investigate a crime, I am MUCH more likely to believe it is justified than I would defend the howling politicians that think it's a "witch hunt".

Donald Trump is a criminal. Even if you support the turd, how can you deny that? I don't want him to be investigated, tried and convicted because he is a Republican - I hope they tear his life apart because he is a criminal.

This 100%.

The only question... "Why the hell would Trump take this stuff to his residence in the first place"?

What's he hiding, or trying to hide?
Well, he kept clogging the plumbing by trying to flush the papers down the toilet so he needed to take them someplace else he thought he could keep other people's eyes off them. I'm guessing he also needed them intact because otherwise he should have had a big burn party down in Mar-a-lago. Makes me wonder if it did have to do with dealings with the Saudis and other despots.

Last edited:
To the OPs question, the reaction would be exactly flipped from what it is. Lefties would be beside themselves and righties would be celebratory. I think most realize that.

It's apples and oranges (no pun intended), since Hillary was never president. There's An angle here that could have been the same had Trump’s justice dept. Done this to Hillary, and that's the issue of raiding a potential future opponent.

Hillary could have run again, just as Trump could. In that regard, I understand the loose comparison to Watergate.

I do think the emphasis on the word raid vs. Search by each side is hilarious. Very entertaining.

Because the libs call them stupid and it hurts their feelings. They will never admit they were wrong because then the smug elitist libs win.

On the flip side (but to a lesser extent IMO), the Dems will never admit they were wrong because then the uneducated, redneck MAGATs win.

We need a viable third party in the worst way.

To the OPs question, the reaction would be exactly flipped from what it is. Lefties would be beside themselves and righties would be celebratory. I think most realize that.

It's apples and oranges (no pun intended), since Hillary was never president. There's An angle here that could have been the same had Trump’s justice dept. Done this to Hillary, and that's the issue of raiding a potential future opponent.

Hillary could have run again, just as Trump could. In that regard, I understand the loose comparison to Watergate.

I do think the emphasis on the word raid vs. Search by each side is hilarious. Very entertaining.
I don't know. The right would obviously be cheering, but the left would be wondering why they waited so long to do it. However, eventually most people on the left would accept the raid. There will be some on the right that accept this as well, but Trump's base never will.

On the other hand, in a similar situation, Clinton would NEVER have allowed it to get to the point that they had to raid one of her residences or office to get whatever they were looking for. It's probably the biggest reason this comparison doesn't make very much sense because Clinton is smart enough to not allow this situation to get to this point in the first place.

So, can we expect impeachment trials because a sitting President meddled in the legal affairs of his potential political opponent?
Biden didn't meddle.

That's just what Radical Right media wants some to think.

Between the abortion issue, the current crap, and immigration...Republicans realize they're in trouble ahead of the midterms.

The "red wave" that some predicted doesn't appear to be materializing.

It sure would be except it would be a whole different group of people screaming it.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Biden didn't meddle.

That's just what Radical Right media wants some to think.

Between the abortion issue, the current crap, and immigration...Republicans realize they're in trouble ahead of the midterms.

The "red wave" that some predicted doesn't appear to be materializing.
Hopefully there enough Biden voters like me out there who rejected Trump with everything in his/her being, who will vote against Trump lackeys and want of bees. I am not a "democrat" but there really aren't a lot of viable voting options for independents that are not democrats. Not all democrats or republicans, but unfortunately, there is a process of elimination to end up with who to vote for, imho.

I am still surprised that more people don't feel the way I do. Why do so many people rush to defend a person just because they are affiliated with a certain party or because you voted for them?

Right?

I remember how Democrats propped up Al Franken's position in the Senate for years and years and years, after photos of fake-boob-grabbing showed up.

Totally equivalent.

Well, he kept clogging the plumbing by trying to flush the papers down the toilet so he needed to take them someplace else he thought he could keep other people's eyes off them. I'm guessing he also needed them intact because otherwise he should have had a big burn party down in Mar-a-lago. Makes me wonder if it did have to do with dealings with the Saudis and other despots.

I think it came from a place of "holding people accountable" for their actions.
Which Republicans quit doing years and years ago.
giphy.gif

So, can we expect impeachment trials because a sitting President meddled in the legal affairs of his potential political opponent?
No. Not even if the pubs take over.

The judge that signed the warrant worked in the prosecutor’s office re: Epstein case. He resigned and immediately began representing some of Epstein’s employees. Joined the bench in 2018.

It would be a reasonable guess to assume that people are covering tracks here, Trump included as he and Epstein had been pals.

DC is cesspool.

It sure would be except it would be a whole different group of people screaming it.
Again, with the false equivalency. I would agree if one party was anywhere near as corrupt as the other. The 2 parties are far apart. One is democratic. One isn’t. It’s very easy to see. Just look at the defund the police crap. Take MTG vs AOC. One lies every day to push lunacy and protect the cult leader. One helps raise a million dollars for people in Texas while Texas’ own Senators do nothing. You think McConnell and Paul are doing anything to help people hurting in Kentucky?

At this point, Republicans far and away corner the horrible humans market.

I’m NOT in favor of Trump getting on any ballot anywhere, even for Palm Beach dog catcher-but I REALLY hope that the AG/DOJ comes out very very soon with info on what was found.

I think y’all saw the same fanatics I did on the news of Trumpies in pickup trucks waving flags and screaming about banana republics. It’s riled up these people and I think it’s risky to get enough “fence sitters” to buy into the story being peddled about the “magistrate judge” (if it wasn’t legal to have him approve the warrant someone in the DOJ is just beyond stupid) and all the wailing about gestapo and bananas and on and on.
Tell America what you were looking for and if you found it and let the facts speak for themselves.
The crap going on is beyond disturbing.

Bottom line is there's obviously some serious shit being investigated for the DOJ to be involved.

So to those that are upset with the FBI in MaL, I imagine this is the end result after Trump refused to voluntarily turn over whatever documents that were requested.

Reactions: HawkNester
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT