ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question here how far are we talent wise ...

losangeleshawkeye

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2014
Mission Viejo , California
I was curious to see what other Hawkeye fans have to think on a few different scenarios that relate to a few BigTen teams in particular

MSU
WISCONSIN

First I wanted to point off right away I don't believe there's any gap between IOWA and Wisconsin- but their recent success is super hard to ignore with them being in the BTCG every year it seems.. I know we go head to head in some heated battles on the recruiting trail and they (Wisconsin) haven't been burning up the field with 4-5 star talent and big studs waiting in the wings. However, I do find us falling behind to a team we actually mirrored for the best part of the previous 25 years of BigTenbfootball. I think right now MSU is just a few more elite recruiting classes from pulling within some serious competition, not only in the BigTen but on the national stage as well.. But they're clearly not with the likes of OSU yet and probably never will- a matter of fact I don't see any team that can exchange blows with OSU besides Alabama and LSU.

Anyways back to my thoughts before I derail everyone on this board who's reading this - I guess my question is who would you rather model your team to playing wise (definitely not coaching) ? And why?

Also when do you think (if ever) Iowa might get close to the likes of MSU and their caliber of talent? For some reason I truly think we are on the right path- keep winning and all the other things will go hand in hand together in due time..

Peace and ON IOWA AND GO HAWKS! POUND THE PANTHERS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News