ADVERTISEMENT

Serious questions, mainly for the left-leaning...

Nole Lou

HR Heisman
Apr 5, 2002
Why haven't you gotten your latest biavalent booster? The CDC recommends you should get if you're two months out from the last vaccination.

However, only 4% of eligible people have gotten the booster. The government bought millions that will go to waste?

What has happened that you no longer abide by the CDC's recommendations? At what point did you decide their recommendations should be dismissed?

At what point did people questioning or dismissing the CDC's claims go from incredibly stupid (when it was other people) to reasonable (now that it is you)? Was there a certain rubicon that they crossed?

And what to make of the fact that it's passed the point of being a Democrat/Republican issue or a conspiracy theorist issue, and that NOBODY is buying their recommendations any more. Is there any chance to restore credibility as an authority?

* I'm using left leaning as a substitute. I know there were a few posters like @artradley who are lefties but were COVID realists/COVID policy skeptics, but for the most part the left leaning posters on this board fully embraced every single claim and recommendation and policy out of the CDC, Fauci, teachers unions, for the first two years of the pandemic.

I'm 32 and five months from infection. Based on my understanding of the circumstances, there's no need to rush.

Got mine last week. Had to postpone a week because the Moderna shipment didn’t come in in time. Don’t know if that’s a one off or a more general problem.

Reactions: Nole Lou
Why haven't you gotten your latest biavalent booster? The CDC recommends you should get if you're two months out from the last vaccination.

However, only 4% of eligible people have gotten the booster. The government bought millions that will go to waste?

What has happened that you no longer abide by the CDC's recommendations? At what point did you decide their recommendations should be dismissed?

At what point did people questioning or dismissing the CDC's claims go from incredibly stupid (when it was other people) to reasonable (now that it is you)? Was there a certain rubicon that they crossed?

And what to make of the fact that it's passed the point of being a Democrat/Republican issue or a conspiracy theorist issue, and that NOBODY is buying their recommendations any more. Is there any chance to restore credibility as an authority?

* I'm using left leaning as a substitute. I know there were a few posters like @artradley who are lefties but were COVID realists/COVID policy skeptics, but for the most part the left leaning posters on this board fully embraced every single claim and recommendation and policy out of the CDC, Fauci, teachers unions, for the first two years of the pandemic.

Just got one last week. why haven't you gotten one?

Reactions: Nole Lou

Bc in my check-up a couple months ago my dr said i didn't need it yet.

Not really left leaning but I believe in vaccines.

Actually I'm planning on getting it this month. Have to visit the doctor anyways to get refills on my seizure meds. Planning on getting COVID booster and flu shot while there.

I got boosted on August 29 since I had a planned flight to my company HQ two weeks later and didn't want to wait for the bivalent.

Unfortunately I tested positive for Covid the very next week (2nd time in my life) and had to cancel the trip.

Got one. Why haven't you?
I haven't had a poke since Apr 2021. Got my first round of COVID in June 2022. It wasn't bad at all, so since I'm not immune compromised, I've opted to not get any boosters (mostly because I'm lazy). My MIL, though, she gets all the boosters (her health is chit) and the two times she's had COVID haven't been bad at all. I'm thankful for the vaccines.

Last edited:
Only left leaning get boosters?

Not at all. I got the first booster.

But it doesn't seem necessary to ask why the right leaning are ignoring the CDC. We'll all have a long list...I already know those reasons. I'm wondering why the left leaning are not following the CDC.

Reactions: seminoleed
Not really left leaning but I believe in vaccines.

Actually I'm planning on getting it this month. Have to visit the doctor anyways to get refills on my seizure meds. Planning on getting COVID booster and flu shot while there.

I believe in vaccines too. Vaccinated the first day eligible and got a booster.

Pretty remarkable that 4% of the population has gotten it, but every Democrat on the board has gotten it or is about to.

Your understanding is actually correct.

But the CDC is still saying two months.

I clicked the link in the tweet and the CDC seems to be recommending three months.

Getting Vaccines If You Had or Currently Have COVID-19​

If you recently had COVID-19, you may consider delaying your next vaccine dose (whether a primary dose or booster) by 3 months from when your symptoms started or, if you had no symptoms, when you first received a positive test.
Reinfection is less likely in the weeks to months after infection. However, certain factors, such as personal risk of severe disease, or risk of disease in a loved one or close contact, local COVID-19 Community Level, and the most common COVID-19 variant currently causing illness, could be reasons to get a vaccine sooner rather than later.

I clicked the link in the tweet and the CDC seems to be recommending three months.

Getting Vaccines If You Had or Currently Have COVID-19​

If you recently had COVID-19, you may consider delaying your next vaccine dose (whether a primary dose or booster) by 3 months from when your symptoms started or, if you had no symptoms, when you first received a positive test.
Reinfection is less likely in the weeks to months after infection. However, certain factors, such as personal risk of severe disease, or risk of disease in a loved one or close contact, local COVID-19 Community Level, and the most common COVID-19 variant currently causing illness, could be reasons to get a vaccine sooner rather than later.

You may consider three months, yes. But you should get it after two months, per the CDC tweet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT