ADVERTISEMENT

Serious questions, mainly for the left-leaning...

Never pictured OP as an anti vaxxer.

LOL...yep, and antivaxxer that got the vaccine on the first day I was eligible.

Have never told anyone not to get the vaccine.

I'm just curious how people went from calling the 35% of people who didn't get vaccinated right away murderers, idiots and animals still feel that way about 96% of the country, and where the line of change was, since statistically it should include plenty of people on this board.

Obviously, my premise is wrong, because 100% of the Democrats on this board are in the 4%. So in that sense, no, there's no insight to be found here.

Obviously, it's a problem when half the country blows off the CDC, but at least it can be written off as a function of our political landscape. When 90%+ of the country blows them off, it's not political anymore, something is broken.

Two reasons.

1. My pharmacy didn't have them available last time I asked about it.
2. Covid isn't killing people who are healthy like it once was. So while I'll still get it once it is available, just like I do the flu shot every year, I'm not desperately searching for it like I once was. My goal before was to help prevent the pandemic from overwhelming hospitals and to hopefully not die if I did get sick. There doesn't seem to be a major concern of someone in my age/health category of needing hospitalization if I get Covid again.

Thanks for the type of answer I expected more of or hoped for. Thanks very much.

To me, this is kind of what I expect. Not really expecting (or wanting) people to say "I used to love the CDC and now I hate them." Just at what point when it came to vaccinating young children and latest booster that the CDC becomes a data point but they also decided it was ok to use their own judgment about it.

LOL...yep, and antivaxxer that got the vaccine on the first day I was eligible.

Have never told anyone not to get the vaccine.

I'm just curious how people went from calling the 35% of people who didn't get vaccinated right away murderers, idiots and animals still feel that way about 96% of the country, and where the line of change was, since statistically it should include plenty of people on this board.

Obviously, my premise is wrong, because 100% of the Democrats on this board are in the 4%. So in that sense, no, there's no insight to be found here.

Obviously, it's a problem when half the country blows off the CDC, but at least it can be written off as a function of our political landscape. When 90%+ of the country blows them off, it's not political anymore, something is broken.

In spite of the typical leftwing responses that this thread has produced, solid work by you here.

Thanks for the type of answer I expected more of or hoped for. Thanks very much.

To me, this is kind of what I expect. Not really expecting (or wanting) people to say "I used to love the CDC and now I hate them." Just at what point when it came to vaccinating young children and latest booster that the CDC becomes a data point but they also decided it was ok to use their own judgment about it.
Both of my children have vaccinations and my wife and I are both vaccinated with the initial booster. We all caught this most recent wave of Covid last time around and while it sucked for a few days it was about like the flu. IF we get back to a Covid wave that is stretching resources and hospitals thin or killing people in my health situation then we'll definitely look for any vaccines that could protect us and thereby protect others.

I think there’s a difference between exercising one’s “judgment” two years into COVID vs doing it from Day 1.

I got the initial shots as soon as possible and the first booster thereafter. I have not gotten another booster yet because I was waiting for them to figure things out in terms of variants, and also wanted to wait closer to winter. I’ve adapted as we’ve gained more knowledge and acknowledge that as we’ve learned more certain actions first thought necessary have turned out to have mixed effectiveness. I also think a lot of this early stuff was to try to make it to the vaccine, and then people started feeling freer to make their own judgments about risk mitigation.

My SIL is a family COVID denier, anti-masker, never got any shots, tries to push ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine and other nonsense on anyone she can, and thinks CDC is incompetent and Fauci is the devil. All this is based on her own “research,” despite the fact that she never went to college and has never had regular employment.

So, yeah we’re both in the large majority who haven’t gotten the latest booster but I don’t consider us in the same bucket.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
a upcomimg meeting at a vendor site had to get moved to my company coz their policy requires both vaccine and booster (taken at least 14 days prior) — i lack the latter. my workplace only requires vaccine.

tbh after getting vaccinated in 2021 and catching covid in july this year, i wasn’t in any hurry to get boosted. but i’ll get around to it when i can swt aside a couple recovery days (just in case)

ADVERTISEMENT