ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Two-part Question For The Experts

Hondo_11

HR All-State
Mar 15, 2022
If the purveyors of social media can quickly identify and ban/block/cancel anyone having the audacity to simply Tweet, "0boma sucks," why can't they alert LE to the well documented intentions of assholes like the Buffalo Dipshit and Salvador Psycho? It was all there...as plain as the noses on your faces in both cases. Instead, it's guns, guns, guns, guns.... No matter how many laws you make, the guns--legal and otherwise--will still be there and obtainable; see the war on drugs and prohibition. Even if you imagine Martians dropping in and dissolving every firearm in America, how difficult do you think it would be for Sal to drive 100 miles west to Mexico, and obtain whatever weapon his evil, black heart desired? Do you think if possessing a firearm in America was punishable by death, either of these idiots would have been deterred or stood down??

I do think this is a reasonable question to ask.

I'm not knee-jerk against gun control measures. If something will help a little, I'm open to it. But almost none of the favored laws would prevent acts of terror like this. You would need a mass banning and confiscation of the majority of guns, something that is not politically viable in any form, or remotely practical. How exactly would you seize guns from millions and millions of people, in a practical sense?

There's got to be questions asked in addition to gun control measures.

- I think its reasonable to ask how the national surveillance state we assembled post 9/11 to direct as Muslims is not triggering any flags on these folks despite the majority of them showing signs.

- Why someone can still literally walk into a school like this. Ever notice that these almost never happen at the inner city schools that are equipped with security, metal detectors, cops, etc? We want to treat this like a common occurrence for political reasons, but then we don't act like its a common occurrence at all when it comes to security.

- Why the cops continuously show zero ability to deal with this and are so incredibly ineffective. If we're putting kids through active shooter drills, are the cops drilling for these situations? What are our expectations from law enforcement when this happens, because it damn well hasn't shown itself to be very stellar. The cops love to talk about how they put their lives in danger every day for us, but when the time comes once in a 100 officers' careers for them to actually do it, they hide behind their patrol cars.

weapons detection and enhanced security at schools does not gel with me as the way forward. in a different thread, there were posters describing the setup at schools they are familiar with that involve metal detectors, bulletproof glass, and security personnel at schools in suburbia and they were actually bemoaning how that is not enough. it enrages me that we are thinking of converting schools into full blown prison setups. i recall a time when boarding airplanes was no different than boarding a grey hound. we now farking get scanned and felt up and undergo the shittiest experiences to fly. if that isn;t bad enough, converting schools into something as bad or worse is under consideration? whatever the way forward, i absolutely know this is not it.

Assault weapons
High capacity magazines
Universal background checks

Sensible gun regulations that a clear majority of Americans want. Pass them now.

Reactions: runkpanole
ADVERTISEMENT