ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall @ Clowns

That was a hard half of basketball to watch. Goodness. Everybody wants to shoot 3s, it's beyond stupid. Oh and Haliburton flexing? Lol. Get out of here with his rail thin ass. Like he could whip anyone.

Reactions: D-Ram
If the Clowns win it's a tainted victory. Seton Hall is without their 2nd best player

That was a hard half of basketball to watch. Goodness. Everybody wants to shoot 3s, it's beyond stupid. Oh and Haliburton flexing? Lol. Get out of here with his rail thin ass. Like he could whip anyone.

Haliburton pounding his chest against a depleted Seton Hall is laugh out loud funny. Most of my high school kids could kick his ass. Embarrassing.

Seton Hall better hope Sandro isn't out for an extended period.

That fall looked bad. They have no post offense without him.

Holy cow these officials are horrible. Have bailed out Iowa State multiple times here in the second half.

33 FTs for clones vs. 12 FTs for Seton Hall. A terrible 3 point foul call (against Seton Hall) and absolutely criminal foul called against Seton Hall on a clone turnover in last minute. Oh and Seton Hall's best player fouled out. Hilton magic is alive and well.

Also, there is now no doubt in my mind that clones will shoot 30+ free throws against Iowa and Garza will foul out later this week.

Reactions: taHawkeyes
Haliburton pounding his chest against a depleted Seton Hall is laugh out loud funny. Most of my high school kids could kick his ass. Embarrassing.
Marquee victory alert!

Good win for the clones. But marquee victory? Like the Texas win in football this year, Clones need to learn to pump the brakes on the chest thumping until we know whether an opponent is good or not.

Oh boy, Carver could be one of the worst venues in college basketball. You can actually go there to study when a game is going on.

33 FTs for clones vs. 12 FTs for Seton Hall. A terrible 3 point foul call (against Seton Hall) and absolutely criminal foul called against Seton Hall on a clone turnover in last minute. Oh and Seton Hall's best player fouled out. Hilton magic is alive and well.

Also, there is now no doubt in my mind that clones will shoot 30+ free throws against Iowa and Garza will foul out later this week.

We are 33rd in free throws attempted, ISU is 160th; ironic to be complaining about free throw disparity, no?

Reactions: Ollie4ISU
I watched the game as well. The officiating wasnt great, but also didnt affect the game. A lot of the FT disparity was because Seton Hall was fouling a lot the final 3 min of the game to try to extend it.

If Iowa St shoots 30 ft's vs Iowa on Thursday, it's because ISU gave up on shooting 3's and drove the lane. The key for Iowa is to make ISU shoot jump shots.

I watched the game as well. The officiating wasnt great, but also didnt affect the game. A lot of the FT disparity was because Seton Hall was fouling a lot the final 3 min of the game to try to extend it.

If Iowa St shoots 30 ft's vs Iowa on Thursday, it's because ISU gave up on shooting 3's and drove the lane. The key for Iowa is to make ISU shoot jump shots.
I agree with Iowa making the clones shoot jump shots, but the free throw disparity impacted this game well before the final three minutes. Additionally, the phantom foul on the three pointer (within last three minutes) and bogus foul call when clones turned the ball over (in the final minute) definitely impacted momentum. To top it off Seton Hall's best player fouled out....I wonder how many games he will foul out (total) rest of the year? I am going to go with between 0 and 1. It's the same old 'Hilton Magic,' and I stand by my prediction of clones shooting 30+ free throws and both Garza and Connor fouling out.

All I know is that Iowa better make sure Haliburton does not have the ball in his hands for a final shot. I can't stand the guy's cocky attitude and over-baked NBA antics, but he is a clutch shooter. Joe T. vs. Haliburton, Pemsl vs. Jacobson....should see at least one technical.

I thought it was the worst officiated game I've seen in several years. They screwed up multiple times on calls that went both ways. What affected the game was the absence of the big Georgian after 5 minutes. Seton Hall is the biggest team in America, but losing a strong 6-11 starter is not a good thing.

You are right about ISU's outside shooting. It hasn't been even average in any game at Hilton this year. It was excellent against Alabama at Nassau and decent against Seton Hall in the first game, but it's sucked big-time in every home game thus far.

They are 30-122 from beyond the arc in home games, and the best was 13-35.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtdew_fever
Marquee victory alert!

Good win for the clones. But marquee victory? Like the Texas win in football this year, Clones need to learn to pump the brakes on the chest thumping until we know whether an opponent is good or not.

They were 17 in early Kenpom rankings. But without their best player, that ranking is much lower.

Hawks need to play some D!

So ISU probably won't miss a single 3 point shot against the Hawks....per the odds.
I realize you are being sarcastic, but you actually have a point. All but one of the major ISU players are shooting well below their career averages.

Good win for Iowa State. If at some point they start knocking down their open threes they could be a really good team. Should be a fun game on Thursday.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
So.....you think the officials will be protecting him, as usual? It's a possibility.

Yep. I fully expect officiating of a mens' basketball game at Hilton Coliseum to protect an opposing player. Rolling my eyes . . .

Hard to blame the officials though. When you have 14,000+ rabid ISU fans screaming in protest against any foul called against an ISU player or calling for fouls when an opponent gets close enough to breathe on an ISU player . . . it has to influence the officials' psyche.

Yep. I fully expect officiating of a mens' basketball game at Hilton Coliseum to protect an opposing player. Rolling my eyes . . .

Hard to blame the officials though. When you have 14,000+ rabid ISU fans screaming in protest against any foul called against an ISU player or calling for fouls when an opponent gets close enough to breathe on an ISU player . . . it has to influence the officials' psyche.
Mouthbreathers they are.

I thought it was the worst officiated game I've seen in several years. They screwed up multiple times on calls that went both ways. What affected the game was the absence of the big Georgian after 5 minutes. Seton Hall is the biggest team in America, but losing a strong 6-11 starter is not a good thing.

You are right about ISU's outside shooting. It hasn't been even average in any game at Hilton this year. It was excellent against Alabama at Nassau and decent against Seton Hall in the first game, but it's sucked big-time in every home game thus far.

They are 30-122 from beyond the arc in home games, and the best was 13-35.
Their best player racking up fouls and eventually fouling-out definitely affected the game....and I firmly doubt Powell fouls out in any other game the rest of the year. I also am fully expecting Garza to be in foul trouble early in the first half and eventually foul-out in the second half. #HiltonMagic

Their best player racking up fouls and eventually fouling-out definitely affected the game....and I firmly doubt Powell fouls out in any other game the rest of the year. I also am fully expecting Garza to be in foul trouble early in the first half and eventually foul-out in the second half. #HiltonMagic
Powell did not get his second foul until about 2 minutes left in first half, his third foul with nine minutes left in game and got his last two fouls in the final 90 seconds. He played 33 minutes which is 4 minutes above his season average. It isn't like he fouled out with ten minutes to go and played much of the game in foul trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT