ADVERTISEMENT

Sharp commits to Fresno

Pretty clear indication the driver behind the decision - and I can’t fault him one bit. Nor do I fault the hawks either if we couldn’t/didnt match the same $$$ package as Fresno. Prob got a good sum to join Fresno as a potential difference maker at that level - but paying the same sum at a Power 5 probably doesn’t make sense, even if we have a pretty big need there.

Hawks aren't going to be pulling in portal wide receivers until they can change their WR image. Iowa's 2 portal receivers last year combined for an average of 2 catches for 28 yards per game.
Or offer more money. Assuming that Grayes goes to ASU, but I'm going to live in my world of delusion and hope someone from the SWARM is cutting him a check.

Last edited:
you could be right but offers are known to expire sometimes. we haven’t picked up a qb— so maybe deacon stays and we definitely need a 3rd qb (imo we will play 3 guys this year)
absolutely, this is why I am living in my own bubble of delusion hoping they can pull someone with better size. 5'8" is a tad bit scary.

are we even in a position to bring on anybody right now with the scholly numbers at what they are? i find it hard to believe we wouldn’t match or beat fresno if we really wanted and had room.
why are you all obsessed with this. This has been explained over and over and over that it is just not a problem and YES despite what most of you seem to think the staff does in-fact understand where they need to be and when they need to be there. The sky is falling posts from some of you (not saying yours is a one of those) are ridiculous and it shows that you all are choosing to be ignorant of what has been explained thoroughly.

why are you all obsessed with this. This has been explained over and over and over that it is just not a problem and YES despite what most of you seem to think the staff does in-fact understand where they need to be and when they need to be there. The sky is falling posts from some of you (not saying yours is a one of those) are ridiculous and it shows that you all are choosing to be ignorant of what has been explained thoroughly.
Calm your tits newby, it's a legit question. The portal has come and gone with Iowa still over 85.

Reactions: weeterkane
Calm your tits newby, it's a legit question. The portal has come and gone with Iowa still over 85.
no it is not as this has been explained a ton of times. At this point the 85 man limit is a myth and just doesn't exist except as a vague notion. In 2024 there is no longer an 85 man limit of any kind.

This is simply the fruit of Kirk’s offense. We all said it would hurt recruiting, no offensive skill players ( rbs and TEs excluded) want any part of Iowa. That will have to be overcome the next two seasons

How do we know any school other then Fresno offered him? Bread on the table can mean doing what you do not want to do, but have to because you have no other choice.

College football is officially a complete fvcking joke. Student Athlete my ass. Love this kids transparency. Shows exactly what is happening out there and it’s a disaster for the integrity of the game at the supposed ameteur level. The game is losing my interest which is really sad.

That doesn’t sound like our fans 🙄

This is simply the fruit of Kirk’s offense. We all said it would hurt recruiting, no offensive skill players ( rbs and TEs excluded) want any part of Iowa. That will have to be overcome the next two seasons

What will be the narrative when the “skill” players we have shine?

5 had more than All, 6 of their receivers had more than Ragaini, and 7 had more than Brown.

They were a 9-4 MWC team 😬
In his defense, Ragaini would drop the ball if you walked up to him and put it in his hands.

That's one you can't blame on the QB.

My guess is Iowa fans are blowing this way out of proportion.

If I understand things correctly, Iowa still is over the scholarship limit. On top of that, I’m guessing if this kid was really coveted by the Iowa staff, they would have been willing to outbid Fresno.

Methinks Kirk, Lester, and staff are saving real NIL money for a quarterback and believe they have enough pieces in the WR room to work with. We’ll see.

Oh yeah! Iowa won 10 games last year in case you've forgotten!!
I haven't, and I'm glad Kirk reminds us. Hope he reminds all the WR recruits that even though they might get 200 yards if they're the best on the team, at least they'll get 10 wins and blown out in the citrus bowl.

Reactions: pink shizzle
My guess is Iowa fans are blowing this way out of proportion.

If I understand things correctly, Iowa still is over the scholarship limit. On top of that, I’m guessing if this kid was really coveted by the Iowa staff, they would have been willing to outbid Fresno.

Methinks Kirk, Lester, and staff are saving real NIL money for a quarterback and believe they have enough pieces in the WR room to work with. We’ll see.
Portal is closed, we need more than "enough to work with" as we have seen the 2deeps in action...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT