ADVERTISEMENT

Shaun Beyer will get $125,000 Guaranteed As Undrafted Free Agent (Signed w/ Denver). Was Getting Noticed Ahead of the NFL Draft

Amazing he even has a shot based off our resident expert(s) analysis.

The NFL must be hard up for TE talent.

Beyer sucks.
Terrible ball by Petras but I agree. Beyer is a complete bust.
Beyer needs to be done.
Beyer should never be thrown a pass. Let him block.

Oh, and keep him off STs.
DO NOT TRY A PASS TO Beyer. why are we tricking ourselves?

Last edited:
Amazing he even has a shot based off our resident expert(s) analysis.

The NFL must be hard up for TE talent.
He and Petras through first half of this year exhibited the chemistry of tom and jerry jinxing each other until Beyer finally got sick of it all and made that outrageous one-hander to pull in a terrible throw.
Hope he does very well in the nfl.

What I’m seeing in the video is QBs putting the ball on the money. Only the last deep throw required him to break stride. Most pass catchers will look good with no defense and QBs making throws like that.

Still, you have to make the catches. Hope he does well and gets a draft pick. No combine is going to hurt him as he won’t get a chance to show off athleticism. But he does have Iowa’s reputation for TEs proceeding him which should help some.

Reactions: kceasthawk
My sister spoke to one of his family members while on vacation. It was amazing what he had to endure both on social media and in person after the Wisconsin game. It was horrible.
That's the things about fanaticism ... it's not rational.

Also, players flock to programs because of the impressive fan-following ... so when you feel the "love" ... you feel on top of the world. However, when you're on the negative side of all that attention ... it can certainly get dark and ugly.

At least college football fans don't (seemingly) degenerate to the level of Brazilian soccer fans ...

Reactions: kceasthawk
He might sign as a free agent and make the practice squad but that's the farthest that I see him going.

Insiders from around program were always high on him . For whatever reason it never really translated onto field, although he looked good at times this year

Hopefully he can make some money come craft time

Aaron craft time?

I think at very least he makes a practice squad. Depending if in a situation with the right team you never know could see the field due to injuries or other circumstances like Ben Niemann or Welch last year who were UDFA rookies.

most amazing thing is if he is on a roster makes it makes it so all 3 TEs from the same recruiting class are in the NFL. Pretty impressive considering 2 were Iowans barely recruited at the FBS level.

Would be awesome if Beyer broke out as a pro similar to Kittle.
Not quite seeing that with him, butt I do think he'd make a good solid blocking and occasional pass catching TE on a squad with an offense that uses multiple TE's.

The reason I could see Beyer potentially getting drafted is because of Kittle, Hock, and Fant. I could see a team taking a late round swing for those reasons. Hell, GB drafted a TE in the 3rd round that most everyone had as an UDFA-- probably more of an indictment on GB being stupid in the draft more than anything though.

E0ZGZudXIAQc-a2

Last edited:
The best case scenario for him is for him to get the coaches to believe he has enough potential to get put on the practice squad, giving him a year to prove himself.

I think his best football is ahead of him and that he'll do well in Denver.

Tells you they like fant and or Fant said Beyer was a good enough player to take a flyer on.

Tells you they like fant and or Fant said Beyer was a good enough player to take a flyer on.
Thought I read somewhere that Beyer’s girlfriend and Fant’s girlfriend were roommates and best friends at Iowa.

I’m sure that played a role in Shaun liking Denver too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT