ADVERTISEMENT

Shaw back to misery..i mean Missouri

Honestly, I wonder if he was ever really fully decommitted. Did he even take any visits?

So, the kid decommitted because the coach he committed to was fired.

Iowa NEVER contacted Shaw according to... Shaw.

He talks with new staff and commits to the school he originally chose after learning more on the new staff.

I think this was the most responsible path for the guy. We didn't even reach out so I don't know why fans are so mad he is going back.

Maybe because Iowa is losing a lot of athleticism in Keegan and this guy could have helped offset that loss? Fran was recruiting him six short months ago, made his top 6 and had a chance to go after him with the coaching change at Missouri opening up his recruitment. You at least pick up the phone to see if he still has any interest.

Maybe because Iowa is losing a lot of athleticism in Keegan and this guy could have helped offset that loss? Fran was recruiting him six short months ago, made his top 6 and had a chance to go after him with the coaching change at Missouri opening up his recruitment. You at least pick up the phone to see if he still has any interest.
You know so many details. Why didn’t Fran pick up the phone…or did he? How many other coaches contacted Aidan? Why did Aidan decide to stay at Mizzou?

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
This kid is such a drama queen! Here’s a thought, maybe instead of decommitting because your current coach was fired or stepped down. Maybe, you should have talked to the new coach and then decide if you wanted to open up your recruitment again.
Im glad Fran didn’t reach out to him, he obviously figured out this kid doesn’t understand what the word commitment means!

• Wow
Reactions: CyberJJ
As had been said before, Iowa didn't contact Shaw, that doesn't mean they didn't check with his people even before Martin was fired to see if he would be interested in Iowa. He didn't take any other visits, so very possible Iowa (and other schools) checked to see if he was going to truly open up his recruitment or see what the new coach had to say before seriously looking around. If the answer was "he wants to meet with the new coach first", you simply say, let us know if he is open so we can get involved."

We live in the age of “Validate Me”.

bd2eac26a622e2f75564f6330571cc129240f6a5.gifv

Yes, because Mizzou has been so successful lately and they are just handing out cash. That’s just a lazy and dumb take.
Why?

Possible the interest level wasn’t that great. Any idea who was kicking the tires to begin with or how much baggage that would follow with? In this day and age of going where the money is, Mizzou may have coughed up more than the others.

Last edited:
Why?

Possible the interest level wasn’t that great. Any idea who was kicking the tires to begin with or how much baggage that would follow with? In this day and age of going where the money is Mizzou may have coughed up more than the others.
Here we go. The old we lost a recruit because we’re clean and the school that beat us out is dirty. Why are you assuming he has baggage? Honestly it looks like the new Mizzou coach is doing pretty well putting together a new roster. I’m not sure we ever got involved a second time.

Here we go. The old we lost a recruit because we’re clean and the school that beat us out is dirty. Why are you assuming he has baggage? Honestly it looks like the new Mizzou coach is doing pretty well putting together a new roster. I’m not sure we ever got involved a second time.

Where did I say IOWA got beat out by a school that is dirty? From the sounds of it IOWA didn’t inquire, showed little or no interest in him.

We’ll probably never hear the full story why the schools looking didn’t make the impossible to resist offer he couldn’t say no too. Don’t care, but there were some pretty big time names on the initial list when he entered the portal.

My guess it was a knee jerk decision to enter the portal in the first place and once he took the time to talk to the new coaching staff he felt more comfortable.

Don't some of the Waltons (of WalMart fame) help Missouri financially? Maybe they promised him the Head Greeters job when he leaves school.

ADVERTISEMENT